Broadview / Brinks / false & misleading sales

1 Huntsville, AL, United States Review updated:

I asked for a security quote from Broadview. The salesman never told me that they were owned by ADT and also never told me that they owned my security system even after it was installed in my home. He also tried to charge me extra to purchase a warranty on THEIR security system. Very disappointed with their lack of honesty and the deceptive sales practices. If I knew they were just another ADT company, I wouldn't have asked for a quote.

Comments

12th of Feb, 2010

The ADT transition hasn't fully taken place yet and everything is kind of in limbo. I can say this as a former Broadview / Brinks employee who is now actually employed at the real ADT. Broadview employees are working buisness as usual until everything happens, which is expected to be sometime in the third quarter.

Brinks systems were always sold as a lease. If you wanted to actually own the equipment, you had to pay extra. But the truth of the matter is, the systems contain proprietary programming that render the control panels useless for other companies to take over. As such you are best to just keep it as a lease anyways as if you end up moving, you would be unlikely to take the hardware with you.

• Yo
      18th of Feb, 2010

ADT doesn't own Broadview. Tyco which is the company that owns ADT is trying to buy Broadview Home Security. Who knows if the SEC and shareholders will really let this happen. At any rate, your experience was more about an unhonest salesperson rather than an unhonest company. You could talk to the Authorized Dealer that sold you. Their name should be on the top of the "Installation Agreement" form that you should have gotten. Hope this helps.