Bridgevine / Fraud

615 Bolin Brook Farm RoadChapel Hill, United States Review updated:
1.45
Phone: 919-843-9377
I was defrauded of $100 from Bridgevine.com
($50 router rebate and $50 cash back)

Bridgevine.com online purposefully and intentionally withholds needed information required for rebates.

This prevents the customer from receiving the rebates offerred in their ads online.

The purchase records and order confirmation numbers (they state they provide within 24 hours) which are needed for rebates are never received by the customer even after repeated email and phone requests. (All my emails and phone call records are available. I have a large folder on this)

There is a consistent intentional behavior to defraud at multiple levels of the company.

They do not honor their offers and intentionally and willfully stop the customer from completing the necessary information required on the rebate.

Here are their offer online.

I exhausted all means with Bridgevine to get the information for the rebates.

Order internet service through...

They processed my order.
tran post ref number desription Amount
7/22/2008 7/22/[protected] BROADBAND [protected]-4610 FL $64.90

I went over twice the procedure and offers with the representative.
Respresentative fully agreed.
Bridgevine processed the order and stated that the only change was that the local Time Warner would provide the modem.
Offers online for $50 router rebate and $50 cash back were confirmed.

I immediately started the paperwork for my rebates.

I contacted Bridgevine by email and phone multiple times over the course of the first month.
Each time they did not respond or refused to give me my order number or confirm number I requested.
These are needed for the rebates.
I followed their procedures.

Near the end of the rebate period, they made a new claim, by the supervisor, there was no order done by them.
They kept stating this until the rebate had expired.
They would not take my phone records or my credit card records as proof of purchase by them.
Supervisors were requested by me.
Supervisor's response was I could cancel my order.
They have on record the purchase of the router but refused to send me a purchase.

I still have the rebate forms, but without information from Bridgevine, they would not be honored.

Comments

Sh
  23rd of Sep, 2008
Dear Doug,

I totally agreed that Bridgevine intentionally does not provide info needed for the rebate.

In my case, I didn't receive the UPS package (router and modem). And I couldn't send the rebate form because I didn't have the barcode of the UPS package.

I called the Bridgevine customer service, whose staffs always gave me different opinions but they were consistent with one thing. They didn't help customer.

They didn't process the investigation for the stolen package until the deadline of the rebate passed. I called them before the expiration date. A customer service representative told me that I'd be still eligible for the rebate.

Now, her superviser says no. The expiration date for their partner-company passed, so I won't be able to send the rebate form. Her stupid staff gave me the wrong info, when I called them BEFORE the expiration date. She replied, "I don't know whom you talked to." Period.

I requested the full refund, since I didn't receive anything, anything but time requested for me to waste with them. If I don't get a full refund, I will definitely go to a legal service, BBB, or state attonery of general, whoever has them pay the responsibility and know the definition of 'customer' and 'service'.
Ch
  25th of Sep, 2008
Hi Everyone,
Bridgevine does intentionally frauds people. Right now they have this comcast double play for cable tv and digital phone for 66/month for 12 months with 125 cash back. My own experience tells me that they are not gonna honor that for 12 months. Ultimately Bridgevine is gonna say that Comcast determines if it is for 12 months for 6 months. Folks, it is a fraud. We should all report against this company. Since they constantly keep changing their offers, I have a made a copy of it and also pasted it here. This bundle was ture as of 09/25/2008.
Product Details

Name: Double Play - TV and Phone
Price: $66.00 Per Month

Current Promotion: $125 Cash Back
Description: Customer qualifies for a $125 Cash Back rebate when purchasing Comcast Digital Voice and Digital Cable services from this site.
Expiration Date: October 1, 2008 12:00 AM
Disclaimer: Customer must order service from this site. Customer must complete rebate form and mail all required documentation to address listed on rebate forms. Please see rebate forms for complete details.

Current Promotion: $66/month for 12 months!
Description: $66/month for 12 months!

Expiration Date: September 30, 2008 11:59 PM
Disclaimer: Offer ends 9/30/08. Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Limited to new residential customers and requires subscription to both services. Offer limited to Starter Digital Cable and 6.0 Mbps High-Speed Internet Service OR Comcast Digital Voice service. After 12 month promotional period, or if any service is cancelled or downgraded, regular charges apply. Equipment, taxes, franchise and telephone fees extra. Activation fee applies to Comcast Digital Voice. May not be combined with any other offers. Many factors affect speed. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. Unlimited package pricing applies only to direct-dialed calls from home to locations in the U.S., Canada and certain U.S. Territories. No separate long distance carrier connection available. For more information, call 1-800-COMCAST. Comcast ©2008. All rights reserved.
To
  28th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
NEVER BUY FROM BRIDGEVINE. YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE YOUR REBATE. I ordered a modem and router through bridgevine and supposedly internet service through them for Time Warner - Road Runner. In order to get the rebate I had to be signed up for Time Warner through Bridgevine for 2 months. Well bridgevine got my $100 for the modem and router, but didn't sign me up for the service. When I contacted them through email, I recieved incompetent responces and never recieved help on how to sign up for the service without being sent another router and modem. Bridgevine phone customer service may not even exist because I never got through, and gave up after an hour. This would all be fine if i could return the modem and router to bridgevine but they charge 20% for restocking, plus the $15 originally to ship the product, plus anouther $15 to ship back to them. Essentially it would cost me $50 just to return the products. At this point I am cutting my losses because even if i figured my problem out, i never want to do business with them again.

Does anyone know anywhere to report a shady company like this? Or other places to post. I don't want other people to get burned by this company.
To
  28th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
DOES NOT HONOR REBATES, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, RIP OFF, FEES TO RETURN PRODUCTS, DONT SHOP HERE
El
  30th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
OMG! so they told me that that goes towards my installation fees and equipment... well i got equipment FROM COMCAST!!! now comcast is charging me ... .adn teh fees (125 bucks) from this company are just showing up on my bank statement for NOTHING! so not only did i not get a rebate - i also got charged for something TWICE! are you freakin kidding me?
Rd
  18th of Jan, 2009
search brings up offer on comcast cable and clicking to site offer is different
Sa
  29th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I called Bridgevine through the number provided at http://roadrunnerspecial.com/. I was told that the modem was no longer part of the offer because the modem does not work with TimeWarner service. It sounded fishy to me and I asked to speak to a manager and was told the manager(s) were currently out of office because of a meeting. I was transferred to TimeWarner and the first question out of my mouth to them was about the modem. The TimeWarner rep said that was incorrect so I called Bridgevine back and got the same false story. I attempted to cancel and then was told to call another number (customer service). I called this number and was told the charge would be cancelled from my card. I have the bank on standby waiting to challenge it. From what everyone is saying I'm glad I caught this when I did but also wish I could have searched before I called about the offer.
Ne
  10th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My husband is getting ready to switch to Comcast internet, as the Fairpoint turnover is not going well. I have been reading this thread and a few others. Bridgevine was formerly known as Broadband National. They have been noted several times as a scamming company. Funny how they changed their names but not their practices. I hope that other people will research this rebate stuff as we have.
Ph
  19th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I ordered digital cable from Bridgevine/Comcast at the end of July or beginning of August 2008. I submitted the rebates in August and September. I received the rebates for the cable modem/wireless router in very short order. I then received the $100 rebate some time in Dec/Jan. Finally on Feb 19th I received 3 final rebate checks for $50, $40, and $40. My wife called the numbers on the rebate forms in January to check on them. I don't know if this had any impact on us receiving the rebates. After I submitted my order in 2008 I received an email with the order details, Comcast and Bridgevine order #'s, that I needed for filling out the rebates. I dug around on their website to get all the rebate forms.

So although I was starting to worry about receiving the rebates I must admit that they honored their obligations. If they would not have I would have placed the original charge to my CC in dispute. I have done this numerous times and have always prevailed when a merchant has not lived up to their advertising. So while I cannot vouch for how Bridegvine processes all rebates I can vouch for their handling of mine. I would just caution anybody though that you have to be very diligent in filling out the forms correctly and submitting them in the time frame called out clearly in their rebate documentation/forms. I also make a copy of all rebate forms and company correspondence whenever I do this sort of thing so that I have lots of evidence for the CC company. Note that the major CC companies only keep online records for 6 months (so they say). However, if you have your statements I have found that I can dispute as far back as I can provide a paper trail without issue. After a couple of months passed I also started monitoring the online rebate status to verify that my rebates had been received. While they logged the rebates under two different spellings of my last name I was able to find them after digging around.

My advice to anybody is that you have to be very organized and persistent with all rebate offers. However, if you are willing to spend the time I have found that most companies ultimately honor their obligations. I have even received double rebate checks from Nikon when they failed to issue my rebate in the promised time frame and I wrote a formal letter complaining to the company. One caveat, this all takes a great deal of time, patience, and organization. If you lack any of these, or if your time is too valuable, I would just forget about the rebates. Hope this helps everybody.
Co
  22nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Same experience here, found all information and filed on time, they never responded on my emails - over 10 of them.

Lost $100 on the router/wi-fi comcast deal, there MUST be a way to shut these scammers down. Comcast should never do business with them!
Sc
  16th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
They've done it to me too! Comcast offer for modem (D-Link, $39.95)and router (D-Link, $40.00) rebates; I send in the required paper work in Sept. '08, after calling the rebate center. Never got the money, and when contacted the rebate center iin Arizona, got the reply that they no longer process for this company. When called the number I got from them, their answering service is in the Carribbean, and said they would wait for the Bridgevine headquarters in Florida to respond, which would take 3-4 days. Second call got the same reply after a week, and now I am still waiting for a response. Anwering from the Carribbean for a company headquarters in Florida, which is a haven for scammers!
Be careful when doing business with any company based in Florida! All scam artists flock to Florida, I think, because they allow these crooks to keep more of the scammed money like, unlimited amount in homestead, etc. Remember the CEOs who built mansions worth millions in Florida when they were caught?

Does Comcast have any liability when these guys use them as bates? I plan to contact the Florida States Attorney, FTC, BBB, etc. soon to file complaints against these guys where ever I can.
Al
  24th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I bought Timewarner cable internet services with offers of $29.95 for 6 months on a normally $45 service with promise of a free router worth $50 and rebate worth $50.
Firstly rebate was rejected because they said they never received the snail mail. (Yeah right) This sounded like a scam especially because they have a ONE MONTH window to actually apply for a rebate with a TWO month activation clause - go figure.
Secondly I am being charged for the router from TimeWarner who say they don't have anything to do with BridgeVine.
TimeWarner itself is a scam because they have monopoly and have their resellers setup sites that have really misguiding names:
http://www.timewarnercablespecial.com, http://www.timewarnercableoffers.com, http://www.buytimewarnercable.com ... the list is endless...
Ro
  24th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I had problems with Bridgevine also. If you are serious about doing something. Just cut and paste this link and report this company. It is easy and only takes about 5 minutes. The address to the BBB is:

Good Luck!

I hope we can all stop this rip-off!!

Robin
La
  3rd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Thank you all, I almost fell for this scam. As the lady was walking me through it it seemed funny. I googeled bridgevine and your posts came up. More links with all bad news came up. I didn't go through with it. I doubt if I can even get wireless internet at my house yet. She kept promiseing me I could it was available. I'm calling Comcast myself.
lakena
Mi
  3rd of Apr, 2009
This is exactly what is happening. The company deliberately creates a totally convoluted system and then holds back the information intentionally so the customer can't complete the refund FORMS (plural).

I was told by two Bridgevine's Customer "Service" people that I need to fill out the rebate FORM (singular). When I kept getting inconsistent information I asked for a manager. It wasn't until I kept pressuring her that she first disclosed I need two fill out two (2) forms. As the conversation continued on she then mentioned there was, in fact, a THIRD form that needed to be filled out.

One form states to send the original UPC code from the box. Another form states to send in a copy of the UPC code. I never received a sales receipt only order confirmations.

This is a total scam. To top it all off the rebate form shows it takes up to four (4) months to actually receive the refund. I asked the manager how it is they can charge my credit card in 24-48 hours but it takes four months to get my refund.

There is no question in my mind that Bridgevine has absolutely no plan on giving the promised rebate. Time Warner doesn't care. There should be new laws installed that create sizable fines and jail time for the executives, management personnel, and employees for conducting this kind blatant fraud.
Sc
  14th of Apr, 2009
Ref: 'scammed in Texas'
I agree with 'PhillyNative' above, be persistent, and keep records. I finally got my checks (2) after kept calling and threatening Bridgevine to file complaints with BBB in Florida, etc. After taking the information from me by them, I didn't even had to resend my rebate forms.
Mi
  29th of Apr, 2009
I have just order internet with Charter Communications through Bridgevine and THEN I saw this site.

I am quite worried as to where my money has gone!

When I ordered the internet, I found an offer on this site (http://www.buycharter.com/internet.aspx?cpao=111&kw=charter%20communications%20internet&cpca=ch_cable&cpag=ch_internet), I assumed that it was through Charter from the get-go, and I didn't find out until the end of the phone conversation with the representative that it was through "Bridgevine" (I was wondering why he didn't know what state my hometown was in because I thought I was speaking with a local company). The website was offering high-speed internet for $24.99/month. When I called to order it, the rep explained to me that it would be $10 more per month because I was not ordering the internet in a bundle (i.e.- with cable or phone). The fine print does say this on the website but it's a little screwy and unclear with the asterisks and cross symbols. So I ordered internet, a wireless router and a modem. They charged me $135 (for the router, modem and I think? an installation fee). I'm supposed to get a "full" rebate for the router and modem and I'm also supposed to get a $50 rebate for signing up.

So I have received my first bill from Charter and they are charging me $54.99 for my internet. When I called customer service and explained to them that I was under the impression that I would be charged $34.99/month they seemed confused. I gave them the confirmation number that the Bridgevine rep gave me and she put me on hold for a few minutes to look it up and she said there was no record of me receiving this deal but they will investigate it. Thankfully, they are now charging me $34.99 (at least that's what this Charter rep said, I hope it gets fixed).

I have also paid Charter $80 for installing my internet and there is also a one-time charge on my bill for $49.99 for installing the internet. Am I getting majorly ripped off?

Need I mention my connection is only 5 Mbps???
Ri
  1st of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i worked at bridgevine. While working there one day i got a call from my son-in-law asking about the $50 router advertised on the site with a $50 rebate. He was expecting quick dlivery being that he had a relative working there. I told him "go to walmart"! you'll never get the rebates. i would not advise anyone to purchase from this company. they are losing money will do what ever it takes to make a quick buck.
Ve
  18th of Jun, 2009
Hello everyone,

I work at Bridgevine and may be able to help you resolve your issues. We had a problem with the company that was handling our rebates and you may have gotten caught in the middle. I know it's not your problem it's ours and we have now gotten it resolved.

Email me your confirmation code and I'll personally look into each and every issue. I can assure you that we are not out to scam anyone. We are in sound financial health and are not out to make a "quick buck".

Thanks
Mark Ballard
mark.ballard@bridgevine.com

PS: Richard Hurtz, what was your position here at Bridgevine? I've never met you and HR has no record of anyone by that name ever working here.
Ro
  8th of Jul, 2009
I have expereience with BRIDGEVINE. I made a order from thier saleperson, but I told with comcat local, they told me comcat cannot do it. So I called back BRIDGEVINE with manager to cancell, she gave me tow (866) whiich are Timewiners. I stayed on phone over two hours without any results. Finally I realised BRIDGEVINE is fraud and I cancelled my credit card, which had some money to pending from BRIDGEVINE.

Bridgevine Logo Bridgevine