Breville - Ikon Breville Espresso Machine / Machine makes terrible espresso

I purchased this from a Company called Open Chute, inc and it took over two weeks to receive. There return policy is terrible, I would never buy anything from them again. When I finally used the machine the espresso has a consistently burnt taste no matter what you do and very little crema. I called Breville and they said they would replace it but they were going to send me a refurbished machine which Mike Nealy neglected to tell me. I purchased a $300 machine and he's going to send me someone elses piece of junk. Breville obviously does not stand by their products. Do Not BUY Breville espresso machines. It's seems like the office in California is a one man show with little resolution. If the company was deceit they would have sent me a new one. Unreal!! $300 spent for crap.

Pe

Comments

Lo
  17th of Feb, 2010

Agreed, my IKON Espresso has a broken water straw (the part the goes into the water bucket). They will not fix it or send a replacement part. It's probably cheaper in the long run to buy another machine from a different company then to have this one fixed.