Bray and Scraff / Bad service

1 VA, United States Review updated:

I purchased an Asko dryer from Bray and Scarff in 2003 along with the extended service policy. In Janaury 2008 I called them to repair the dryer. Since they do not work on weekends I had to take a day off to wait for the service person. When he showed up he looked at the dryer and said he needed to order a part so could not fix it. When the part came in the company called and I scheduled a repair. Again it was during the week and I had to take another day off. However, the service person called in sick that day and no one else could fix the dryer because he had the part on his truck. I rescheduled the visit for later that week and was told by the service department that my appointment would be the first call on the appointed day. However, by noon the service person had not called me and I had to get to work. When I called the service department they told me that work in my zip code is always done in the afternoon. I rescheduled the appointment for a couple of weeks later as I was going to Iraq for several weeks. When the day came to have my dryer serviced, I was called and told that the part had been lost and that Bray and Scarff would have to order a new part and would need to reschedule. I rescheduled for March 21 and again took a day off from work. Once again the service person did not show up because he again called in sick. However no one called to tell me this until I called about 12 noon. I once again rescheduled (for March 31, 2008) and was again promised that I would be the first service call that morning. Once again I took a day off from work. Despite being told that I would be the first call the service person did not arrive until after 11 am. However, he did not have the right part and so could not fix the dryer. I believe that this actions are all part of a scam to not honor service contracts.

Comments

10th of Dec, 2011
    Bray and Scraff - Complete disrespect for the customer
    Bray and Scraff
    Wisconsin Ave
    Bethesda
    Maryland

Just came back from the Bethesda, MD, Wisconsin Ave Store. I received the worst level of customer service ever. The guy who identified himself as the manager (older fellow with yellow-stained mustache) was so rude to me that I had to leave. I went to to buy a stove and for some reason he said they didn't carry the product. I had visited the store a couple weeks prior and another guy told me they would special order it for me and all I had to do was go in and schedule the delivery and installation. Who ever owns this store needs to know that the reason why that store is empty of customers on a Friday evening is because of how horrible the manager treats customers. I was willing to spend 100s of dollars at their store tonight but decide not to give my money to people that are clueless about the basics of treating a customer with respect and listening to what the customer is looking for.