[Resolved] Bravofly / Bravonext SA / booking ref [protected] & [protected]

1 United Kingdom

Having booked two flights from BHX to PNH on the 30.09.2017 I noticed that there was an error in my partners surname (it was Yidy instead of Tidy). I thought this was very strange as I had used autofill to fill in the form ensuring that all details were correct. I contacted Bravofly and was told I could make the change via their webportal, which I did. I thought that would be the end of it. On the 29.10 I received an email explaining there had been a change to my return flight, there was no mention of passenger names so I assumed (what a mistake) that the change had been made. On the 20.12 I received confirmation of the flights and the name was still Yidy not Tidy. I contacted Bravofly and was told for a fee of £77 they could make that changed, I was getting very concerned at this point but was assured there was no problem. I missed a call on the 21.12 and then received an email saying the changes wouldn't be made until the payment was received. I made the payment and then on 25.12 I got a call from Bravofly informing me that the issue was sorted. On the 27.12 whilst I was snowed in without power I received another call from Bravofly informing me that the change had not been made and there was nothing that could be done, in fact I was told 'not to worry it is only one letter the airlines will be fine'. I was not happy with this response. I then spent 10 hours over the course of two days talking to Bravofly (who promised to call me back on 5 occasions and failed every time), Flybe, Cathay Pacific and Sabre support (the ticketing system support desk) and eventually I have managed to get the whole situation resolved directly with the airlines without any help from Bravofly. We are travelling to Cambodia for a friends wedding which has been planned for over a year, I have worked a lot of overtime to afford this break and my partner (who is maid of honour) spent two days crying as we could not see a resolution the stress that we have been put through is unacceptable, as is the complete lack of professionalism and lack of customer service from Bravofly. During my dealing with Bravofly I have spoken to Resharli, Deepak, Amod, Vishan, Sundeep, Kate, Megaha, Manuch & Priti. I have been left feeling that Bravofly is a company of Charlatans and Shysters. I really wished I had spent the time to read their reviews online as it paints a very clear picture of how appalling this company is. I did receive a refund of the £77 which I paid for the changes as they had not managed to achieve the changes.

• Resolution statement

• BravoFly / Bravonext SA Customer Care's Response, Jan 04, 2018

Hi Graham13,

thank you for your valuable message here on ComplaintsBoard. I'm sorry to hear that you have had a cause to complain about our services. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

We kindly remind you that our role is an intermediary one between the passenger and the airlines and all decisions about a name amendment are in the airline's hands. Scheduled airlines, like Cathay Pacific, take each name change request very seriously and they have really strict rules even when the person to take the flight is the same with a different name.

As far as I can see in our system, we've received the authorization for the name change from the airlines and tried to finalize the change with the extra fee asked by the airlines. despite the pre-authorization, our request has been declined as multiple airlines have been involved and the case couldn't be proceeded through GDS platform.

I am glad that the airlines were able to assist you with the request and I hope that your next experience with our company will be as you or we would expect.

Kind regards,