Bravenet.com / Lets Hackers In-Gives Away Customers Passwords!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Beware of this sh***y a** hosting company!!! Do NOT use them, they SUCK and you will have your identity and credit cards stolen! I had been with them for a long time and ran a website to where one has to pay to get access to the members area by paying a fee. Once they pay they get a user name and password. Well bravenet puts a part on the login area to where ANYONE can simply email bravenet and request a new password even if they did not pay and bravenet will give it to them!!Not only did they RUIN my business, I have since had my website and entire hosting HACKED because of this and had someone steal all my credit card info and Ruin my credit and spend 10, 000 on my cards and stold my identity all because of BRAVENET and their sh***y a** so-called security. Do NOT use them unless you want to have EVERYTHING you own stolen they have zero security and give away their CUSTOMERS PASSWORDS to TOTAL STRANGERS!!!

Comments

• Br
      26th of Sep, 2012

We would have been happy to assist you during the time you experienced these problems.

The request password feature of our Password Gate service seems to be described, but it simply emails the account owner with a request for a new login/password. The service can be registered for free to test, or you can see the request password page from my test account below: http://pub1.bravenet.com/passwd/requestpwd.php?usernum=30467189

You also describe your website being compromised and credit card information taken. Unfortunately we are not able to protect members from malware/virus infections on their own computer, but can provide assistance in fixing compromised sites. Sites are usually compromised through old vunerable PHP scripts, or old FTP account details found by malware. We support SFTP by default to combat the latter.

Usable credit card information is not accessible in any Bravenet account, and never has been.

Please also note that we are not located in California. We are located in British Columbia, Canada.