Brandsmart / defective fridge

1 3381 sw 42nd streetHollywood, FL, United States
Phone: 305-624-5444

I purchased a Frigidaire Refrigerator on 7/5/08 it was delivered to my home on 7/8/08, I live alone and I went on vacation 2 days later on the 10th and was back home on 7/30/08, shortly after, I noticed that the panel around the water and ice dispenser on the door (outside) started to separate from the fridge, I visited a friend who had the exact same fridge for only a few months and she was having the exact same problem on hers. Since this seem to be a problem inherent in this line I told Brandsmart I wanted to change this fridge and get a different one, I was told that because it was a cosmetic problem and the 30 day return period had expired they would not do that, but they would send a tech to look at it and glue it back. When the tech came I told them I wanted to change the fridge not glue it as this is a $1600 brand new fridge and should be in perfect condition. A few days later I noticed there was frost accumulating inside the freezer around the ice dispenser. When I contacted Brandsmart, I was told again they would not change it, but would send another tech to look at it. I have contacted the company directly and have gone to the store and spoken with the saleperson and the manager. Nothing has been resolved, I paid a lot of money for a new fridge not a refurbished one, this store is making it difficult in the hopes that I will give up, its not right. I feel that as the consumer I should have some rights also.