Boomerang Marketing Group / Misleading job

United States Review updated:
4.7
Boomerang Marketing Group - www.boomerangmarketinggroup.com

I was looking for a job coming right out of college. Long story short, I fell into their misleading job posting on Craigslist.com and Careerbuilder.com. They will sweet talk their way to try and get you to work for them. One thing you should know is, you already got the job before your resume is even reviewed.

They told me I was one of the few people that were selected to their interview out of reviewing more than 100 resumes. Thats a load of crap, cause I actually worked there for a couple weeks and they HIRE AS MANY PEOPLE AS THEY CAN! there is people being hired every single day. Every morning they have this meeting in the office where the boom box is blasting and creating a 'FUN environment', then they have the same speech that they rotate on a weekly basis, trying to motivate you to sell their crap product.

I've actually went out with a few 'managers' and interviewees, I really hated when they told me not to show anything NEGATIVE signs about the job, everything has to be POSITIVE! (Such as, my legs are hurting from walking, or It's too HOT outside) They are a bunch of people scamming people right out of college to work for them.

I didn't stay there long, but still I was able to learn a few things about the REAL WORLD. My only advise to people is if you want to do door to door sales and getting A LOT of rejections, this is the job for you. Otherwise, look for a legit company to work for, cheers!
Va

More Boomerang Marketing Group Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Co
  10th of Mar, 2008
my son in law 2 be is working for boomerang hes been there for 5 days and he was offered to go on a business trip for a week and get paid 1000 dollars he gets paid every day 150 dollars and on sat. 200 he works long hours it seems they wine and dine him and brain wash him, i cant see a company paying cash every day and makes all this money it sounds to good to be true. i need more info, i dont want him to get hurt and get hit w/ paying alot for his taxes at the end of the year, anyone knowing about this company please leave info, this job doesnt seem right.
Sh
  4th of Apr, 2008
Its not too good to be true, however it is a difficult and strenuous management training program, the cash he is making is commissions off of his everyday sales which he seems to be doing well at. He will have to pay taxes just as any 1099 employee in the country would. Instead of being negative you should be supporting him.
Ct
  1st of Nov, 2008
I have worked for these people...It's not a good comp or place 2 B!!! Get ur son or Daught out as sson as pos!!! I did well there and busted my ace...but n the same time..I got out, and know that that place will suck U n!! U r better off getting a real job than going 2 house 2 house and ruining ur good clothes N the process!! STAY WAY CLEAR OF "THESE" COMP!!! They change names also...same stuff diff pile!!! !!!STAY CLEAR!!! PLEASE
Ct
  1st of Nov, 2008
These comp R NOT RIGHT!!! They Suck U N and Make U spend All UR $$$$ esp the "TRIPS" where they say U will make crazy $$$ ...They just want U 2 Do well 4 them ...not URSELF!!! Stay clear of these people!!!
Fo
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Read the report on SMI and associates. Its the same company with the same location in Lombard, and the same manger Greg Mertes. They had to change their name for legal reasons!
Bo
  17th of Jun, 2010
Hello, i just wanted to clarify that there seams to be 2 different company's with the same name. And i wanted to post this comment so there is no bad reports from our company. I work for a company with the same name Boomerang Marketing Group, our business is ran out of Lakewood, Colorado. Are company strives to make our customers happy, `and its sad this company didn't do the same for its customers and its employees. if you would like to know more about our company and what we do you can either email me or visit our website at boomerangmg.com

Boomerang Marketing Group, Inc. Logo Boomerang Marketing Group, Inc.
Overall Satisfaction Rating