BodyBody.com / poor customer service

I ordered an item online 4/6/09. I was charged 4/9/09.

Waited, waited, waited... no package in the mail.

Waited, waited, waited... no email notice, message, update.

5/6/09 I email and ask why I was charged 3 days later, did not recive the package, no email, no notice, no update, ecetera. s

I recieved an email 5/7/09, saying oh, we are sorry this item is out of stock. Let us know what you want to do.

I emailed back, very upset that they could not take the time earlier or without me having to come to them to verify what was going on to refund my money 5/8/09

I still have not receive my refund 5/20/09.

I am very upset I ordered this item from this company. I have never recieved such poor service or disregard once a person has paid.

This is NOT a good company to order from if you would like to know if your order is on its way or not and don't expect to get your money back in 1/10th of the time it took for your money to be taken by them.

Comments

• Da
      12th of Jun, 2009

I'm having the exact same problem with an order I placed on 4/23. Same exact deal, after I emailed them several weeks later to find out where the package was, I received a reply (mirabile dictu!) from "Jennnifer" stating that the item was out of stock and that they would send me a refund. When the refund didn't show up in 10 days, I emailed "Jennifer" again and "she" replied with an apology, saying she'd speak with accounting herself. When I replied that I appreciated her effort, she wrote back saying that it was their fault. Since then (several weeks ago), no word, no refund, despite repeated emails. I even called the number on their site and left a message on the answering machine. As of June 12, no refund. Today, I tried a websearch on bodybody refunds and found out I'm not alone in my problems. It's a shame, because I did order from them several years ago and received the package without any problem.

• St
      16th of Aug, 2009

the same thing is happening to me now over an order placed in april. What can be done legally at this point? Anyone have any help, email me at star918@cox.net

17th of Aug, 2009

This EXACT same thing is happening to me. I ordered swimwear on July 27th, charged the next day. Two weeks later I receive an email stating that my order was out of stock, would I like something else. They don't answer their phones. "JUST A RECORDING" and they don't return phone calls. I emailed them five times in the last week and have not received a response from them, letting me know if they have shipped my order. I also paid for priority shipping!! Big mistake!! I am thinking of turning them in to the Better Business Bureau!! Not only are their prices high, their service SUCKS!! Don't think I will order from them again!!

17th of Aug, 2009

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW, went to file a complaint with the better business bureau and this company has a "F" rating with them. There has been 118 complaints in the last 36 months. This is not good!!

• Cr
      28th of Oct, 2010

Has anyone received a refund? My friend is having the same problem (item out of stock) and she is out $150.00. After so many complaints to the Better Business Bureau is a company forced to shut down? This is ridiculous!

• Su
      1st of Nov, 2010

BAD- Business Ranowear, Inc.

I PURCHASE
    Oct 9, 2010 ORDER DATE via- PAYPAL

I CALL
    OCT 20, 2010
    Called and left voice mail.. where is my stuff?

October 22, 2010
    THEY REPLY
    We are sorry we missed your call. Your order should ship next week. We sincerely apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
    Jennifer

October26, 2010
    Again I e-MAIL and CALL
    tick, tock
    tick-tock

November 1st, 2010 no reply yet.

I wonder why PAYPAL keeps paying them?

• Te
      7th of Aug, 2012

I guess the personal lesson I'll take away from this is, it may have cost me about $95 to learn to check reviews on a business before making a purchase online. I'm in the same boat as everyone here. Made a purchase on July 1. 10 days later, nothing has even shipped. I call, get a machine. I then email "Jennifer" at customer service to get an update. She emails back 2 or 3 days later telling me the item is out of stock and would I like something else. I pick a different item. By this time its not going to ship in time for my vacation- I ask why Bodybody isn't picking up the extra shipping charges to get it to me since oh, they took over 10 days to tell me the first order was not in stock (???). Then I thankfully don't let them charge anymore to my credit card and ask for a refund. It is 8/7 and nothing has come, though I did take the time to call my Paypal Mastercard and dispute the original charge. That might be the only way I get my money back. If not, lesson learned. These people are crooks. I did email one more time, to which Jennifer claims she will forward my email to their credit department to issue a refund. That was more than a week ago. I'm not holding my breath!