Having problems with BodyBody?

BodyBody Customer Service Contacts

211 East Ohio Street
Chicago, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BodyBody Customer Service. Initial BodyBody complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BodyBody above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BodyBody. Discuss the issues you have had with BodyBody and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

BodyBody.comhorrid service.. scam!!!

I ordered items from them . They promptly charged my account and 2 weeks later shipped an item that says ships within 24 hrs. They charged me for 4 items and shipped 3 . Return policy online says refunds up to 90 days . Packing slip d
Says no returns . Jennifer told me if I wanted something for a specific date I should have asked ? I asked for her to cancel item never shipped . She may have done that but never credited my charge back . I have sent numerous requests for return authorization .. When she said she wouldn't send one I disputed with credit company . They found me in the right and now Jennifer has sent me to collection .
WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS PRACTICE IS THIS ??!?!?
I WISH I HAD LOOKED AT REVIEWS FOR THIS COMPANY PRIOR TO MY ORDER ... SUCH AN ONLINE SCAM BUSINESS !!! Now I have to prove she is in the wrong to a collection agency she hired !!!

Jennifersignbodybody.com — No Refund

I placed an order on [protected] (order #36544) for rhinestone earrings and rhinestone bra straps for our...

BodyBody.com — online fraud

Bodybody.com is a company engaging in widespread online fraud. Here's how Bodybody.com is currently...

BodyBody.comhorrible service

Oh how I wish I had thought to look up any complaints before I ordered from this company. It seems they make a habit out of charging your card before your items are shipped and then it is up to you, the consumer, to inquire where your items are after weeks of waiting with no communication from them.
    Like most of the complaints posted here, you find out your items are "out of stock." After endless e-mails., most of which are never answered, months have now gone by and you don't have your merchandise and they have your money. The ever elusive "Jennifer" (who I believe is really "Peggy" from the credit card rewards program) eventually asks you if you would like to wait for the items which should be in stock sometime in distant future, or would you like to cancel. And now the race begins.
    Weeks go by, you have no refund and "Jennifer" once again offers her sincere apologies and will personally alert the credit department about this matter. My favorite e-mail of all time though was the one where the ever viligant Jennifer informed me how lucky it was that she just happened to check her spam folder where..low and behold!.. all of my e-mail correspondance had been hiding all the weeks. Wow...thank goodness for such dedicated employees such as Jennifer. Just think of what would have happened had she not had the foresight to take a peek in her spam files. Why I might not have ever gotten this straightened out. Oh yes, I almost forgot...I'm still waiting...
    Do not order from this company. I've checked with the BBB and they have an "F" rating with over 100 complaints filed and only 7 of those were resolved. I fell for the sleek and impressive web site, which only proves you should never judge a book...blah blah blah..an expensive lesson for me but hopefully someone else will be spared.

TerrieC. Aug 07, 2012

If you care to, you can file a complaint with the FBI quickly and easily online via IC3.gov. I referred to the complaints on complaintsboard that I had read about the company, but my guess is if they hear from multiple people they might pay attention to this and get this company shut down. Hope so!

• Ta
        TammyL39 Aug 07, 2012

Hopefully more people will check to see these complaints filed and force them out of business. I never did receive my merchandise and or a refund. That was more than a year ago. I did file a complaint with the BBB but never thought to contact the FBI. Good luck to you and I hope it gets resolved someday.

TerrieC. Aug 07, 2012

Please file a complaint with the FBI against this company. They are committing internet fraud over and over again. I am also a victim- ordered a swimsuit, 10 days later it hadn't arrived (of course my card was charged within minutes of ordering) and when I contacted "jennifer" it took her 2-3 days just to get back to me and inform me the suit was "out of stock". Instead of ordering another one, to which she asked me for an additional $35 to ship it so it would arrive on time for my vacation...I asked for and was promised a full refund. Well, it's 8/7 now (the order was placed on 7/1 and cancelled on 7/18) and no I do not have my money. The last time I heard from Jennifer she was forwarding my request to the 'credit department'. I too wish I had read the reviews on this company first but looking at their website, who would know. At least I filed a complaint with my credit card company to dispute the charge so I have a hope of getting my money back no matter what the company does. I have registered a complaint with BBB of Chicago, and also filed a complaint with the FBI. Multiple people have been scammed, at least if they can be shut down this won't happen to others.

BodyBody.comscam artists

Biggest scam artists in the world. Ordered 2 bathing suits, one not in stock, other returned (way too large). No refund. Sent me to a collection
      Agency. Original bill $108.00. Collection agency (national bureau collections corporation and another letter from a lawyer) now saying I owe $276.00.
      I have no product, yet I owe them $276.00, double the amount of the original order. They are trying to scare me with letters from lawyers and collection
      Agencies (at least 5 so far). I contacted the better business beureau and made a complaint. Bodybody did not respond. Now I will call the attorney general's
      Office. They have been scamming people for years (check out previous complaints). Why can't these kind of people be stopped???

• Bo
          BodybodySCAMMERS Dec 17, 2013

I am having the exact same issue. I ordered on 11/3/2013 and as of 12/17, the item has not shipped. I contacted "Jennifer" by email 3 weeks ago and she said both items were back ordered until December. It's half way through December and I think it is time to contact my credit card company. Also, they have a phone number that they never answer and a voicemail that they never return your call as stated.

TerrieC. Aug 07, 2012

Perhaps collectively those of us on here can stop them, yes! This is bonified internet fraud. File a complaint with the FBI, I just did. I ordered a swimsuit from bodybody online on 7/1. Of course my credit card was charged immediately for the purchase and shipping costs. By 7/10 nothing had shipped. I contacted "jennifer" via email and then 2-3 days later, she wrote back saying the suit was out of stock and would I like to order something else. I picked another suit out, but in order to get it to me before my vacation she wanted to charge me an additional $35 in shipping. I politely declined and asked for a refund on the original order. She said they would refund but it is 8/7/12 and no refund has materialized. Lucky for me, I called up my credit card company to report the charge as fraudulent- so I plan to get my money back either way. But in the meantime I have complained on here, directly to the BBB of Chicago (wherein there are over 100 complaints similar to yours and mine), and filed a report with IC3 that this is internet fraud. I hope you'll consider doing the same so they can be put out of business for good. If my $95 goes toward that, I'll rest easy.

• Ad
          AdamSarahT Jan 14, 2012

Ordered four items from them. Received the first one two weeks after the order. The second one came a month later after I had to email them. Two months later they finally said the last two items were not in stock and said they would refund it. It has been two weeks since that email.

Do not order from these dishonest people!!!

Body Bodynever got my refund

I ordered over two hundred dollars in bathing suits. I was supose to recieve a free bathing suit as well. I did not recieve the free bathing suit. I had to return the suits because they was the wrong cup size. I already paid for the shipping to me then I had to pay to ship them back. Now like everyone else on here they still have not refunded my money. It has been over a year now and I have sent letters, emails, calls and still NOTHING! They ask would I take a check and I said of course but only if it is not going to bounce. I guess that pissed "JENNIFER " off so stil no refund. What can be done????

Cheryl Combs Mar 26, 2011

I have had the same similar issue, but I never received the bathing suit ordered from Body Body, whereas they charged my card within three (3) days of the order. Been dealing with "Jennifer" for over a year myself, no refund received, just the runaround...after numerous requests. Is this not a form of fraud? Any answers to what can be done?

BodyBody.comcharged but not shipped the items ordered

I ordered 2 swimsuits on July 18th, 2010 for a total of 270.30 and was sent an email saying they would ship in 4-7 days. I contacted the company when my card was charged on 7/20 to get the tracking number. I had to leave a message and send an email since no one answers the phone. After several days I got an email from Jennnifer saying that they do not have the items and would I like a substitute. I tried again to call, but no answer. I sent an email that I did not want a substitute and to cancel my order. I have contacted Jennifer several times and she has promised a refund but it is now August 19. Still no refund. Why are these people allowed to continue business?

• Ta
              TammyL39 Jan 12, 2011

Have you filed a complaint with the BBB? You should...along with the other 108. I wish I had looked before I lept with this company. Did you ever get this resolved? I'm still fighting for my refund, over 3 months now. At this point I really don't even car about the money but I write and call everyday just to let them know I won't quit.

BodyBody, Chicago, IL — Rip Off

I ordered online and paid for two bras--total $52.85 using Paypal. I never received the merchandise and when...

BodyBody.com — bad service, no refund

I placed an order. It was several weeks before I received anything about it. I inquired several times and...

BodyBody.compoor customer service

I ordered an item online 4/6/09. I was charged 4/9/09.

Waited, waited, waited... no package in the mail.

Waited, waited, waited... no email notice, message, update.

5/6/09 I email and ask why I was charged 3 days later, did not recive the package, no email, no notice, no update, ecetera. s

I recieved an email 5/7/09, saying oh, we are sorry this item is out of stock. Let us know what you want to do.

I emailed back, very upset that they could not take the time earlier or without me having to come to them to verify what was going on to refund my money 5/8/09

I still have not receive my refund 5/20/09.

I am very upset I ordered this item from this company. I have never recieved such poor service or disregard once a person has paid.

This is NOT a good company to order from if you would like to know if your order is on its way or not and don't expect to get your money back in 1/10th of the time it took for your money to be taken by them.

TerrieC. Aug 07, 2012

I guess the personal lesson I'll take away from this is, it may have cost me about $95 to learn to check reviews on a business before making a purchase online. I'm in the same boat as everyone here. Made a purchase on July 1. 10 days later, nothing has even shipped. I call, get a machine. I then email "Jennifer" at customer service to get an update. She emails back 2 or 3 days later telling me the item is out of stock and would I like something else. I pick a different item. By this time its not going to ship in time for my vacation- I ask why Bodybody isn't picking up the extra shipping charges to get it to me since oh, they took over 10 days to tell me the first order was not in stock (???). Then I thankfully don't let them charge anymore to my credit card and ask for a refund. It is 8/7 and nothing has come, though I did take the time to call my Paypal Mastercard and dispute the original charge. That might be the only way I get my money back. If not, lesson learned. These people are crooks. I did email one more time, to which Jennifer claims she will forward my email to their credit department to issue a refund. That was more than a week ago. I'm not holding my breath!

• Su
                Suckered_ Nov 01, 2010

BAD- Business Ranowear, Inc.

I PURCHASE
                Oct 9, 2010 ORDER DATE via- PAYPAL

I CALL
                OCT 20, 2010
                Called and left voice mail.. where is my stuff?

October 22, 2010
                THEY REPLY
                We are sorry we missed your call. Your order should ship next week. We sincerely apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
                Jennifer

October26, 2010
                Again I e-MAIL and CALL
                tick, tock
                tick-tock

November 1st, 2010 no reply yet.

I wonder why PAYPAL keeps paying them?

• Cr
                craziness Oct 28, 2010

Has anyone received a refund? My friend is having the same problem (item out of stock) and she is out $150.00. After so many complaints to the Better Business Bureau is a company forced to shut down? This is ridiculous!

Not Satified Aug 17, 2009

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW, went to file a complaint with the better business bureau and this company has a "F" rating with them. There has been 118 complaints in the last 36 months. This is not good!!

Not Satified Aug 17, 2009

This EXACT same thing is happening to me. I ordered swimwear on July 27th, charged the next day. Two weeks later I receive an email stating that my order was out of stock, would I like something else. They don't answer their phones. "JUST A RECORDING" and they don't return phone calls. I emailed them five times in the last week and have not received a response from them, letting me know if they have shipped my order. I also paid for priority shipping!! Big mistake!! I am thinking of turning them in to the Better Business Bureau!! Not only are their prices high, their service SUCKS!! Don't think I will order from them again!!

• St
                star918 Aug 16, 2009

the same thing is happening to me now over an order placed in april. What can be done legally at this point? Anyone have any help, email me at [email protected]

• Da
                David Jun 12, 2009

I'm having the exact same problem with an order I placed on 4/23. Same exact deal, after I emailed them several weeks later to find out where the package was, I received a reply (mirabile dictu!) from "Jennnifer" stating that the item was out of stock and that they would send me a refund. When the refund didn't show up in 10 days, I emailed "Jennifer" again and "she" replied with an apology, saying she'd speak with accounting herself. When I replied that I appreciated her effort, she wrote back saying that it was their fault. Since then (several weeks ago), no word, no refund, despite repeated emails. I even called the number on their site and left a message on the answering machine. As of June 12, no refund. Today, I tried a websearch on bodybody refunds and found out I'm not alone in my problems. It's a shame, because I did order from them several years ago and received the package without any problem.

www.bodybody.com — Never received purchase

I placed a order for a swimsuit on May 20, 2008 and received a confirmation email stating that the swimsuit...

BodyBody — No items shipped!

We ordered bathing suits from bodybody. It was stated that they would be delivered between 6-8 weeks. After 8...

BodyBody.comno product shipped, no refund

Bbb case#: [protected]

04/23/2007 complaint validated by bbb operator
              04/23/2007 reopen the complaint
              08/19/2005 case closed as beyond purview
              08/19/2005 inform consumer-referral to federal ag
              08/19/2005 out of purview-referral to federal attorney gen.
              08/13/2005 complaint received by bbb
              _

Please find below a copy of a letter sent to body body on august 5, 2005. I have since sent another e-mail to which I have not received a reply. this letter best and fully explains my situation.

Body body
              211 east ohio street
              Chicago il 60611

Dear body body:

Re: order bodybody-9890 from body body

I am writing to you to explain a situation and to demand immediate resolution. I wish I did not have to take the time to do this, but unfortunately I do.

Please refer to the following timeline regarding the above mentioned order I placed from your company.

December 12, 2004 - order placed for one dress at the cost of $104.89 usd.
              December 12, 2004 - billed $104.89 to amex by sports wear llc [protected] il.
              January 12, 2005 - e-mail requesting status of order from jennifer.
              January 12, 2005 - e-mail reply from jennifer, "your dress should ship today."
              February 16, 2005 - e-mail to jennifer advising that the dress has not yet arrived.
              February 17, 2005 - e-mail from jennifer stating, "the dress is still unavailable."
              April 22, 2005 - e-mail inquiry whether or not we will see this dress.
              April 22, 2005 - e-mail from jennifer stating, "... we will refund you right away."
              May 31, 2005 - e-mail to jennifer requesting status of refund not yet completed.
              June 1, 2005 - e-mail from jennifer requesting amex number because order info had expired.
              June 2, 2005 - e-mail to jennifer giving amex number to facilitate refund.
              June 2, 2005 - e-mail from jennifer stating receipt of our number, "thank you."
              July 18, 2005 - e-mail to jennifer advising refund has still not occurred. no reply.
              August 4, 2005 - e-mail to jennifer advising refund has still not occurred. no reply.
              August 5, 2005 - e-mail to jennifer advising refund has still not occurred. no reply.

That brings me to the writing of this letter. at the time of this writing, there has not been a reply from jennifer to my last three e-mails, nor has there been a refund. I checked with the body body website (http://www.bodybody.com/info. html) and see that jennifer is still listed as your "customer service specialist" so I trust that no change has occurred there.

I believe I have been co-operative and patient enough, but I still want to bring this transaction to a close.

Please assist me in any way possible, to make this refund take place immediately.

Yours truly,
              Jay t. a. turner

BodyBody.comit's time to stop this type of business!

Purchased a bathing suit from this company returned it as per their return policy they never credited my account for the return. Had my CC company remove the charge. Now I have been turned over to collections for the entire amount of the purchase and shipping and handling plus some. I did exactly what their return policy stated and still was taken for a ride. I have copies of the return even the deliver confirmation. With what I am reading on others with similar situations I beleive it is time for someone to do something to stop this type of business.

• He
                    Heather Annette Piekarczyk Sep 10, 2006

Marc Verlaine, contact me as soon as possible, I used to work for you in 2001 to 2002. I moved from Indiana to Chicago about a week ago. I want to work with body body and associates again. Please contact me as soon as you can. Thank you, hope to speak with you personally very soon. (9-11-06)
                    Sincerly, Heather A. Piekarczyk
                    ( ps. I am from the body body website on swimwear and accessories in a black bikini thong. )