Bob's Discount Furniture - Totowa, NJ / inferior merchandise

Bob's Discount Furniture
www.mybobs.com

Hello,

I purchased a couch and chaise lounge from Bobs in May at their Totowa, NJ store,and it was delivered on June 6. The cushions are sagging and the material is loose to the extent that there are deep creases in the material. It looks more like three years old then three months old. I called customer service today and I was told a technician is coming out on Sept. 15 to look at it and make an assessment. I was given a three month "free ride" with the payment of the merchandise and now I have to pay in full to avoid finance charges. I don't know what to do. If I pay, I am stuck with the merchandise. If I don't pay, I will owe finance charges which I do not want to pay. His merchandise is definitely inferior yet he clearly states on the little invoice portfolio that he gives to you that is merchandise is of high quality with discount prices, etc. Has anyone had a similar problem? If the technician agrees with me, will I get any restitution?

Elaine Del Vecchio

Va

Comments

15th of Jan, 2008

I purchased a sofa and oversized chair/ottoman in June,07 as well. After have the set for one month, I had to have a technician come out and re-stuff both pieces. My furniture also looks like I've had it for years; I wouldn't recommend Bob's if it were the only furniture store around. It is extremely cheaply made and customer service is horrendous. I am very disappointed in my purchase.

• Hg
      13th of Oct, 2008

Thank you for your honest complaints. I was at Bob's last month to see what I was going to buy. And this week we were going to purchase a sofa set. Not now. I guess I will pay more for a better quality sofa set. Thank again...a family in desperate need of a good sofa set, and doesn't need any headachs.

• Br
      2nd of Nov, 2008

Bob's IS cheap/mid-grade stuff. If you go in there expecting ethan allen quality, you're going to be disappointed.

That said, I have purchased my dining room set, my livingroom set, and a matress set from bobs and never had any issues. It's not the best stuff out there, but it works well for my 'bachelor pad'.

29th of Mar, 2011

Just like the saying goes" YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" I really do not bargain shop but I couldnt find the color I wanted until I went to Bobs got the $799. special package...worthless...the set is 6 months old I live alone the couch looks like a family of 4 over weight live there. ITS NOT A BARGAIN...I will be searching very soon for a new Living room set..DO NOT SHOP THERE PAY THE EXTRA BUCK AND SAVE IN THE LONG RUN

• Ha
      4th of Sep, 2014

I bought stuff from Bobs. And it was great have had for years no problems. Still looks brand new. I also want to add they use vendors the same company that inventories ray our and Flanagan puts some products in Bob stores so the quality is good