BMTC / Misbehavior by conductors

1 India Review updated:

Respected Sir,

I am staying in Bangalore for the past 4 months and regularly commute by BMTC buses however the experience has been horrible so far.

Today, i boarded Volvo-356(Volvo2, ticket number00088726), near viswaraya college the conductor came to take fair and i asked him to give me ticket till 10th cross wilson garden. He said the bus wont stop there, i was surprised as for the past 4 months everyday, volvo stops there, this is the first time somebody said this. The conductor started abusing me in Kannada and asked me to get down at middle of the road. The bus driver also joined him and when i requested the conductor to speak in English or Hindi as i was unable to understand him. They started abusing me that they wont speak in Hindi or English as this is Karnataka, I quote " NO HINDI/ENGLISH, THIS IS KARNATAKA< ONLY KANNADA, GET DOWN".

My point is if the bus really doesnt stops there the he could have said politely but he abused me, he had no manners that he was talking to a lady.

On 2/5/2008, i boarded Volvo, 365 in the morning and near Visveraya college, the bus suddenly stpped and the driver got down. When we asked why the bus has stopped they said 5 minutes and it we waited for 20 minutes and when i asked the lady conductir to refund my money so that i may take another bus, she simply refused and didnot even explain why the bus has stopped for over 20 minutes.

The issue doesnt stops here as on 3/5/2008, i boarded a bus 365 from 10th cross till Majestic, Bus number FA-409 and the there were men seating at ladies section and when i requested them to get up as so many ladies were standing, none of them were getting up and when i requested the conductor, he started abusing me in kannada rather than telling the men to get up. Isnt it his duty to make sure that the men dont come at ladies section?

Also, most of the conductors dont give change and they keep it with them and if you protest they abuse in kannada if they come to know that you are from outside.

I have been reading a lot of complaints but i think no action is taken againt them and thats why the conductors misbehave on a regular basis.. Kindly take some action atleast as BMTC keeps telling people to commute by bus.

I have even gone to Complaints section near platform 1 but they didnt help me.
I am requesting to take some serious action...

Thanks & Regards
Arpita Pal

Comments

• Su
      20th of Jun, 2008

Dear arpita,

i can help u in this way. u just complaint here in the following link.

i dont know whether they will take action or not, but we will do our responsibility.even i faced this kind of incidents. dont argue with conductors, kannadigas will group together against you, it happened in my case. so careful, we in their place. so let us do our duty and fight against corruption as much as possible.
    tel to ur friends also

regards,
    sudhakar

15th of Jan, 2009

Respected Sir/Madam
    I am staying near jaydeva hospital,
    on wednesday evining at 6:30 pm on 14.01.2008 i got into bus,
    Bus Number is KA 01 F - 2176
    Route number is 369D from Arekere to Majestic
    i was traveling in that bus at that time on north indian guy was standing in the foot quote by holding his suitcase, conductor told to go inside but that guy told that he can't take suitcase inside because bus was fully rused so he was standing next to his suitcase, he did not go up so conductor bet him so that guy asked why you are beating me so conductor told i will beat like that ilself what will you do and also conductor used vulgur words to him, but surely i would like inform you that what word he used in the bus in public, so that you can know what words many conductors are using in the bus with passengers, he told to guy that " neeny ondhu appanige hutidre nanna mutto nodana " he stoped bus for 3 minutes in front of Spar it next ot Accture, so i request u to take seviour action on him so he must never use that word in puplic places or in the buses

regaurd