Bluegreen Resorts / they will kill your credit

My husband and I bought a Bluegreen timeshare in Gatlinburg in 2006. We had no idea we were staying at a timeshare but they offered us our stay free to come and listen to the presentation. We went and finally they conned us with no maintenance fees till 2008, our stay would be refunded, and a free cruise. We finally agreed and paid $900+ and went to closing where we were asked were we promised anything for buying this timeshare, when we answered yes, the closing agent turned off the tape recorder and said no you can’t say that it is illegal to promise someone anything in order for them to sign a mortgage. She told us all the promises would be fulfilled by their corporate office, unfortunately we weren’t smart enough to get up and leave then. We started the ACH debits monthly and everything was fine until our account was hacked and had to be closed. We opened a new bank account and had the bank fax Bluegreen the new acct # for the debit. They called approximately a month later and said it wouldn’t work, we went back to the bank had them refax it, it still wouldn’t work, now mind you, nobody else had a problem with ACH's working. We then talked with Ron in collections and faxed him a voided check so he could try again, still wouldn’t work. I then sent a check for 10 months of payments to keep it current, but they wouldn’t take the check because they couldn’t apply a direct payment to an account set up for ACH. I finally got tired of sending letters and calling and told Ron if I had to I would get an atty to straighten this out, when I said that he said if you are hiring an atty I can discuss this any further with you and hung up. Since then they have foreclosed, sent me a 1099, reported me as past due 1 year after the foreclosure and showed the loan paid in full all on the same account, they have killed my credit score, I have no other blemishes but this one, they won't return phone calls to me, my attorney or to the credit bureau, if anyone knows how to get out of this stranglehold, please let me know!!! They are awful, and from what I have read more than a few think so.

Va

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2008

if this is a legitimate complaint the credit bureau could fix it. When you file a complaint with a credit bureau they do investigate. If the company does not respond, the bureau will rule in your favor and assume the debt is not valid. This story is a bunch of crap. Sounds like you decided you didnt want to make these payments anymore and just stopped.

• Lo
      25th of Aug, 2008

yeah i'd have to say the same thing. Don't you people ever use your brains???? If someone tells you they want to show you a sales presentation, or a "walk thru" tour, and you're staying at that resort, do you think their just going to serve punch and cookies and send you on your way? C'mon, how do you think they can afford to put you up in the resort? And whatever problems you and others have...half the time it's because you don't fully understand how to use the program or how it works. Of course there will be complaints here and there, Bluegreen has over 140, 000 owners, when is everybody happy????? DUH

• Sh
      14th of Apr, 2010

Looney...that's funny, the name fits.

Bluegreen is singly the most unethical, immoral and desestible company in business today. Their sales sluts will use high pressure and out right lies to sucker people in. Then...after you've signed your name to their contract you discover on page 4 of the public offering Bluegreen is not liable for any promises made by their sales agents. Unbelievable. These parasites are without questions the lowest form of trash.

You will not get any of what your told, or shown your going to get...none of it.

They will steal your money and if you refuse to pay they will ruin your credit and threat YOU with legal action...that is incredible. What a band of puss trolls.

• Bl
      21st of Jan, 2015

I could write for days on the dishonest and unethical practices of Bluegreen but will limit my comments to the following: Bluegreen makes verbal and written misrepresentations at the time of sale - that is simply a fact beyond any question or doubt. Not only are they fully aware of the lies told during the sale process, the lies are premeditated. This is evidenced in Bluegreen's own documents and statements. Bluegreen purposely developed their sales process and drafted their documentation to create the ability to misrepresent and outright lie about the terms of their timeshares without any legal consequence. They literally hand out thousands of pages of documents during the sales process, including trust agreements, offering memorandums, prospectuses and other documents filled with legalese. Within these documents they disclaim any statements made during the sales process. With that protection in place, Bluegreen then sells timeshares based on lies and when called out on the lies, defends itself by pointing to a disclaimer purposely obscured by overwhelming documentation. They want the ability to sell you a lie and still force you to pay for the lie once you discover the lie. Bluegreen doesn't just rely on verbal misrepresentations and lies to sell timeshares, however. The written documents provided during the sales and closing process also contain false and misleading statements about the terms of the timeshare. We spent considerably more money to purchase a timeshare at the Silver level in order to obtain the rights and benefits of Silver level ownership, including the right to use our points to pay maintenance fees. However, when we tried to use our points to pay maintenance fees, Bluegreen said they changed the terms and refused to honor the written terms of our membership. Time and time again, Bluegreen failed to deliver the timeshare we purchased. Finally, we called them in breach and refused to pay anything further. Despite its deception and complete and udder failure to perform its contractual obligations, Bluegreen aggressively sought payment under the very contract it refused to honor. So to summarize, Bluegreen uses deceptive practices to sell you a penthouse with lots of upgrades but delivers a trailer on blocks without running water or a toilet (and which has been leased to another party for 360 days of the year). As you are standing in the unairconditioned trailer in 90% humidity and 100 degree heat with 20 occupants all around you, Bluegreen denies that the trailer is not a luxury penthouse and demands payment of the penthouse price. If you refuse to pay the penthouse price, Bluegreen repossesses the trailer and reports it as a foreclosure on a luxury penthouse in an attempt to extort payment from you. Employees of Bluegreen then troll the internet to post positive comments about Bluegreen and disparage legitimate complaints by actual Bluegreen owners.

• Sc
      25th of Feb, 2015

First, I have to wonder how many points this " premier owner ' has... I've been a Bluegreen owner since 2006 and have never had any problem booking what I want, when I want. I created a group of happy Bluegreen owners because I was tired of all the erroneous negative information I saw posted. I have now met hundreds of happy Bluegreen owners. If you take the time to learn how to use the membership you chose to buy...you will love it !

• Bl
      2nd of Mar, 2016

Why is all your comments dealing with BlueGreen Scalettt1. I think you are a spy and you work for Blue Green.

• Sc
      7th of Mar, 2016

You think, incorrectly. I'm simply tired of people who have not taken the time to learn how to use, what they chose to purchase, represent their Bluegreen. People who come to this site need not believe all the negative comments they read. Both sides should be fairly represented. I belong to groups with thousands of happy Bluegreen owners, on Facebook.