Bloomingdale's Mac Boutique / poor customer service

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Went to Bloomingdale's MAC Boutique to purchase cosmetics at Lenox Mall. I was already being helped by one consultant. Another consultant insisted on helping me instead. Everything was fine until I purchased my cosmetics. Some of the powder was on my hands; consultant offered me a tissue, but when I asked if she could throw it away for me, she pointed me to a receptacle instead. The tissue hadn't touched my face or lips. It wasn't unsanitary. I supposed customer service ends the second they receive the money because her attitude was dismissive after the sale. It soured an otherwise pleasant experience. I'll take my hard-earned money to other businesses who realize I have options and it's a priviledge to receive my funds, not a right. Send a message - take your hard-earned money elsewhere, too.

Sa

Comments

• Da
      19th of May, 2009

Well, I don't know that you should blame the whole business for this one employee's actions. What was her name? Maybe she had a bad day or she could just be scaly like that. Maybe you should talk to a manager at the Bloomingdales you went to and explain how the company would benefit not to employ her.

I believe that she is employed by Blomingdales . . not MAC, but I'm not sure on that.

• Mr
      4th of Jun, 2009

Ohhhh let me just say first and foremost I totally agree with you. My name is Mrs Bithersworth and I had a verrryyyyy similar experience down at the Nordstroms department, excavation, storehouse, botique, extrordinare. I had eaten at a most unpleasant mexican eatery and was experiencing the most explosive poopsies and the bathroom attendant refused to wipe my sore bottom even though I pleaded for the better part of a half hour. On top of it all, I had already purchased an entire tube of lipstick at said department, excavation, exploratory, botique, extrordinare. I made it known to the manager that I could spend my husbands hard earned money some place where they WOULD wipe my sore bottom, then stomped out loudly, expressing my discontent to anyone who would listen. It's nice to know I am not alone, thank you and goodbye fellow Bittersworth.

• Qt
      6th of Apr, 2010

MAC tries to provide a safe environment for customers and their staff alike. So don't take it personal that the artist did not take your tissue from you. His or her focus is not to offend you, but to protect other customers and themselves. Let me state this before I say it, this is NOT geared towards you...less than 50% of people was their hands after using the restroom. Almost 80% of people one comes into contact with has fecal matter on their hands. In an 8 hours day, at any average MAC location, an artist will come into contact with 100 people. Now, do the math...do you want to touch all those peoples' tissues? I don't think so.

12th of Dec, 2018
    Bloomingdales.com - Bad Customer Services
    Miramar
    Florida

Was visiting this morning your store in Aventura, I wanted to change a size that I had bought online, the person who took care of me, first of all, I did not say hello, and flatly told me that there were no more sizes for me to change my top. and I will be online if there are sizes.