Bits And Pieces / Very poor customer service!

I received an e-mail 2 months ago from Bits and Pieces offering a discount on items ordered if ordered within the next day or so. I ordered a puzzle at a discount and paid with my debit card. 2 days later I saw (on my online banking site) that they had charged me AGAIN but had not included the discount. I complained and was told that I would be refunded the inaccurate 2nd charge but that was over a month ago. Now, I have contacted them again and they are refusing to refund my money (a bogus 2nd payment for 1 puzzle) since they are in "the process of changing customer service systems and warehousing systems.) These folks are dishonest and there are lots of places to get the same puzzles without the cheating that seems to go on here.

N  2nd of Mar, 2007 by

Bits And Pieces - Very bad, lying service customer service

An order was placed on Dec. 7, 2006, with a promise that the order would be delivered within 10 days. When it wasn't received, a call to Customer Service (after MANY tries - it was always busy!) finally got them to admit it hadn't been sent out yet! The reason - they're overloaded. They finally agreed to expedite the order at no additional charge, and it would be received before Christmas. I told them that if it wasn't there on time, it would be refused. The order was finally received two weeks AFTER Christmas - and it hadn't been expedited. Just sent regular parcel post. The package was refused at the Post Office. On March 2, when the item was not credited to my Credit Card, I called Customer Service. This time, I was told that my Credit Card HAD been credited on January 19. While I was checking the statement, the Customer Service rep hung up on me! When I found the statement and verified that no credit was put on the card, I called Customer Service back. This time, I was promised that it will be credited. I'll have to see if the credit will actually show up. In the meantime, I'm warning everyone to stay away from Bits and Pieces.
A  11th of Dec, 2007 by
I received a catalog looked through it, sent an order form and a personal check for $36 and have not received any of the items I ordered. Have called a number toll free and I am put on hold, several minutes and either I'm told to call back after 6 p.m. Mountain standard time zone, I live in Ohio which is Eastern time zone. I never can talk to customer service person, am on hole because of large volume of calls, then a message comes and says that my call cannot be forward at that time. the numbers I call are 1-80084-2677 or 1-800-544-7297. They answer Bits and Pieces but I never find out where my order is. I have been on the phone for several days/ the items were Christmas gift for my grandchildre n. i AM VERY UPSET i WANT ANSWERS ABOUT MY ORDER OR WHEN IT WILL BE SENT TO ME!
A  14th of Dec, 2007 by
There has to be something that we can do!! I have placed an order not know what others have experienced. Order was placed 11/27/07 today is 12/14/07 I PAID THE EXTRA FOR OVER NIGHT SHIPMENT. No responces to my several emails and I have yet to get through on the phone I have, with out a doubt, called over 50 times within the past 4 days all hours no answer it always says call back after 6:00 mountain time which I have. I have called 1-800-884-2697, 1-800-884-2677, 1-800-544-7297....What is the deal what more can we do. This place needs to be shut down if these things can not be resolved. I am going to contact BBB, NBC, CBS, ABC.....And whoever else I can contact!!!!
A  14th of Dec, 2007 by
I am having the same problem. I ordered on 12/1 and got a confirmation email but nothing has arrived and no one responds to emails or phone calls. Additionally, they keep putting through different charges and credits on my credit card--never for the same amount! This is insanity.
A  15th of Dec, 2007 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I'm having the same problems with customer services. I've received part of the order, but not the rest of it. I've tried calling, but receive the same message and have emailed. There has not been a response.
I will certainly never order from this company again and may take legal action against them. I suggest everyone refute the charges with the credit card company at a minimum. Please provide the documentation to the credit card companies. Visa and Mastercard have an agreement with Bits and Pieces which they can terminate for misuse.

The Better Business Bureau and Attorney General's office are some of the other avenues to pursue.
A  16th of Dec, 2007 by
I've just had the worst experience with customer service in my life and I order via phone and internet all the time. The woman wouldn't accept responsibility for their mistake! She would not give me her name nor would she give me a superviser. I hate feeling helpless and want people to know not to trust these ###s!
N  18th of Dec, 2007 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Bits And Pieces - Terrible product - no customer service!
Bits and Pieces
2580 S. Decker Lake Blvd
Salt Lake City, UT
Phone: 800-544-7297

Ordered a very expensive puzzle as a Christmas gift. Paid substantially extra for 2nd Day Air shipping. The item arrived broken. No instructions. No photos. Nothing included on how to work the puzzle, which is quite intricate. Poor quality junk. Called their "customer service" line for over two hours and was repeatedly disconnected. I would not recommend ever buying from this merchant. I wish I had found this website before I ordered.
N  26th of Dec, 2007 by
I placed an order on 3.12.07 for assured delivery for christmas. True an order was delivered to me nine days later but it was not my order. At great length of waiting i phoned to advse them and was told to hold the parcel i had and to ring back a few days later. Trustingly i did only to find they had done nothing about my order but promised delivery for christmas. Needless to say it didnt arrive in spite of them taking money out of my account on 4.12.07. Today 26.12.07 i looked at my account anf found they had returned a small sum of money to me. To say i am aggrieved is putting it mildly.
A  7th of Jan, 2008 by
I ordered a large number of gifts for Christmas on 11/17/07. Needless to say as Christmas approached not package arrived and I began trying to get any information I could on what was going on. So Christmas morning we were short over sixe major gifts thank to Bits and Pieces. After a prolonged nightmare involving being repeatedly hung-up on after being left on hold, lied to, and all of my e-mails ignored I finally decided to cancel the order. Today 1/7/08 I called to cancel. The only way I could get anyone to talk to me was to select the option for placing an order; selecting customer service just meant getting hung-up on again after being left on hold. The worst part of it all was the woman who I finally got on the phone literally did not care I was cancelling or that she has screwed up our holiday. Her indifference was nothing short of astounding. NEVER ORDER FROM BITS AND PIECES. They customer service is the worst I have ever encoutered. They do not deserve your money or your time.
N  14th of Apr, 2008 by
My neighbor ordered an item on March 9, 2008 from the catalogue. Her check #1177 in the amount of $39.98 was cashed on March 17, 2008. She has not received the item ordered. When we call the phone number, a recording states, "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to accept your call. At this time we do not have an expected time for restoration." My neighbor is in her eighties and does not have money to spend on fraudulent items. I would like to know when she WILL receive her order.
A  22nd of Apr, 2008 by
My mother ordered 2 items from the catalog in February. She received 1 and the other was B/O 4 weeks . B/O never received, called the phone number and got a recording saying that due to technical difficulties they could not accept my call.
A  2nd of Jun, 2008 by
I would have to agree. I've also ordered from them; and the last package I received, one item was missing, and the other was broken. It took forever to get the item replaced (and by then, too late for the intended occasion.) Years ago, they used to be a reputable company, but in the past few years, their items are 'junky'.
N  25th of Jan, 2010 by

Bits And Pieces - Horrible service
Bits And Pieces

I ordered Christmas presents for my grandchildren from this company on line from a catalog they had sent. They acknowledged the order, but never sent the merchandise. Had to go shopping on Dec. 24th for the kids. The communication is terrible from these guys. They don't let you know if they're having a problem, just leave you hanging and wondering. HORRIBLE SERVICE. DON'T COUNT ON THEM!
N  26th of Mar, 2012 by

Samsung C3222 - mobile phone

my mobile was robbing by thief at junagadh kalwa chowk when i was going to play pull
N  10th of Dec, 2013 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Darn, I wish I would have seen this information before I placed orders.
I have placed 3 orders from this company. The first order arrived in about 3 weeks. The second order took a month, and the 3rd order, was a real mess. I placed an order November 11, and it is now Dec 10, and I have not received it. I started with 6 items, and am now down to 2 items as they are out of stock. I called several times to complain, and they have given me a 10.00 discount, but who has time for all this none-sense. I am in Canada and the website says Canada, and it is coming out of Ontario. However, the delay in sending these items makes me wonder. This is the last time I am ordering from this company. Mary Maxim has a much better customer service.
N  16th of Dec, 2013 by
I'm in Australia where apparently this company has just started. Couldn't find anywhere to submit a complaint - have sent email & rung today so thought I'd post here. I put in an order 14th Nov thinking plenty of time for Christmas. No communication from company whatsoever, except an email advising confirmation of subscription to promotions - sent from Canada. Cost of items and postage deducted from my account 4th Dec - again no communication from company. Spoke to Customer service agent today and then her supervisor. Was advised parcel was posted to my address by Aust Post with no Tracking 6ht Dec from Victorian wharehouse. Mail from Victoria to my address usually takes 7 days at the most - parcel has not been received. Australia Post has tracking on all parcels but obviously Bits & Pieces Management, has decided, in their wisdom, and to their detriment, not to have tracking on their parcels, as I was told by both CS agent & supervisor that they have had many complaints from customers in regard to lost parcels. I am not happy at all with the result of my complaint - either I could have a full refund or, they would arrange another parcel to be sent which should arrive at my home by 3rd January, 2014 - a bit late for Christmas. I have demanded that my parcel be re-sent by Express mail to my address in the next 48 hours so I will have the items by Christmas. Supervisor, advised I will be contacted by email in 48 hours to be told of outcome. I am not happy with the Customer Service of this company. I will update.
N  24th of Dec, 2013 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I received a bill in the mail for not paying the correct price of an order I gave bits and pieces. it stated that under a certain amount customers wound not be charged a shipping price. from 0 to $15.00 not charge. well my order totaled $8.99, therefore I didn't send in the $ 7.99 that was required for items over $15.00. I sent a check anyway for the $7.99 and gotten a bill in the mail that if it was not payed by Jan 7 th I would be charged a fee of $10.00. my check cleared my bank on 12-18-13 and I have a photo copy of it. check # 3851 dated 12-7-13 payable to bits and pieces for $ 7.99. back of check states for deposit only Gardens Alive 1019814981. IF YOU WISH ME TO SEND THE PHOTOCOPY TO YOU I WILL. PLEASE ANSWER ASAP IF POSSIBLE. MY NAME IS VIVIANE VAN DUREN VJ V@FMTCBLUE.COM --MY E-MAIL
A  5th of Jan, 2014 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Bits and Pieces an appropriate name for a company whose poor packing and cheap products arrive in bits and pieces and then when you call customer service and thy say they'll ship you out replacements immediately we'll almost 30 days later nothing. I'll never do business with theses people again!!!
A  10th of Jan, 2016 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Ordered a jigsaw puzzle storage unit online. It arrived in time (just) but the packaging was of higher quality than the product which turned out to be cheap cardboard and a strip of plastic and felt to hold the jigsaw pieces. And all this for a penny under £50! Now when I try to submit a review on their website ('Be the first to review this product') it mysteriously refuses to accept a correctly written, non-abusive negative review. I smell a rat here and as the only contact with them is a normal address as I refuse to use 0871 numbers. I suspect that I'll just have to put it down to experience. Definitely a company to avoid in future.
N  4th of Dec, 2016 by
I put an order in over a month ago and I have not received the product. When I go online it says it will be here in 10-14 days. I have still not received it. I have email two times and have not heard back from them. The payment has already gone and I do not have the items I ordered.
I do not recommended this company! I will have to follow up by phone. From what I have read it sounds like I will not have much luck getting through.
Sandy Bundy