Bill Me Later / Scam charges!
Beware of Bill Me Later Payment scams. II am so furious with them. I've had a bill me later account for over 5 years and have always made my payments on time and before the promotional period ends. I view and make may payments online thru their website. I usually only make one purchase at a time, but this holiday season I bought an iPod in September and some movies in November.
The iPod was a promotional purchase for $400 that expired on 1/1/08, and the movies were non-promotional purchase for $225. Since I made over $550, worth of payments between 10/1/07 and 1/1/08, I assumed my iPod was paid off, prior to the promotional date. I got my January statement, and was told I owed finance charges on my iPod purchase, because I did not specify how I wanted my on-line payments allocated.
When I pointed out to the customer service rep (Sonya) that there is not an option to "reallocate" my payment on-line, she told me I would have to call to make that request. I asked her if she could reallocate my payment, and she told me she couldn't because the payment has already been processed.
I asked to speak to a Supervisor. Supervisor Kimberly, told me that was their "policy". I told her I thought the policy was unfair, she said "sorry you feel that way". I requested to close may account, she said "sure and hung up."
BILL ME LATER IS A SCAM, you're better off using a credit card. At least with a credit card, you know what your getting.
More Bill Me Later Complaints & Reviews
- Bill Me Later - Fraud 
- Webbank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. - recent request for a account 
- Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. - Letter I received 
- Cit Bank Bill Me Later, Inc. - contact information 
- Bill Me Later - Bill me later system sucks! 
- Bill Me Later - payments
- Bill Me Later - They wanted to get money from me as soon as possible
- Bill Me Later - BML set as default to PayPal???? 
- Bill Me Later - Horrible Customer Service
- Bill Me Later - PayPal's Bill Me Later Scam