Bill Me Later / Scam charges!

Beware of Bill Me Later Payment scams. II am so furious with them. I've had a bill me later account for over 5 years and have always made my payments on time and before the promotional period ends. I view and make may payments online thru their website. I usually only make one purchase at a time, but this holiday season I bought an iPod in September and some movies in November.

The iPod was a promotional purchase for $400 that expired on 1/1/08, and the movies were non-promotional purchase for $225. Since I made over $550, worth of payments between 10/1/07 and 1/1/08, I assumed my iPod was paid off, prior to the promotional date. I got my January statement, and was told I owed finance charges on my iPod purchase, because I did not specify how I wanted my on-line payments allocated.

When I pointed out to the customer service rep (Sonya) that there is not an option to "reallocate" my payment on-line, she told me I would have to call to make that request. I asked her if she could reallocate my payment, and she told me she couldn't because the payment has already been processed.

I asked to speak to a Supervisor. Supervisor Kimberly, told me that was their "policy". I told her I thought the policy was unfair, she said "sorry you feel that way". I requested to close may account, she said "sure and hung up."

BILL ME LATER IS A SCAM, you're better off using a credit card. At least with a credit card, you know what your getting.

Ro

Comments

• He
      29th of Jan, 2008

Rose,
    I work for Bill Me Later and would be happy to speak with you about your situation. Please feel free to contact me at heather.fields [at] billmelater.com

• Ko
      15th of Mar, 2008

### bill me later

• Ad
      18th of Jan, 2012

BillMeLater is not a scam in law, but its extremely scammish, NUMEROUS users are scammed by them for real!!!
    Go take a look at the Paypal website
    *ironic, eBay seems dont really even care