Bidz.com / scam and fraud!

1 3562 Eastham DrCulver City, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310-280.7375

I started following Bidz.com thinking the merchandise and the return policy were on the up and up and easy as so many on-line services are. The pictures of the jewelry are enhanced in color and size and the description never seems to fit the merchandise received. I cannot believe that people are really bidding on merchandise such as diamond rings that state they are worth 10's of thousands of dollars. The poor person bidding on them are paying thousands and probably get an inferior product. I only bought semi-precious stones which never looked as colorful as the picture and when bidding in increments of $1.00 the price went up by 2 and 3 dollars without showing who you were bidding against-probably the company itself. I have bought items twice, missed the fifteen day return policy on one order, and the process you go through and the rules for returning the second order and the inflated S & H was also ridiculous. I can't believe you have to get authorization/permission and then there is a restocking fee to return an item for whatever reason. DO NOT do business with this company-someone is laughing all the way to the bank and it is never the consumer.

Va

Comments

• Sk
      15th of Mar, 2009

Bidz.com spams craigslist using redirect sites such as auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com.

• Gi
      24th of Mar, 2009

This company will also add additional pieces to your order without your knowledge (when buying in bulk)

• Th
      4th of Apr, 2009

Don't forget isaybid.com which spams the heck out of craigslist.

• Ge
      15th of Apr, 2009

I haven't had to return anything, but I did notice that the quality listed on some of their diamonds are definetely not worth the list price they advertise. I ordered a cheap sterling and cubic zirconia and marcasite pair of earrings and I was happy with them. They had nice sparkle and although the S&H was ridiculous they were worth the money I paid and then some.

• Je
      30th of Apr, 2009

That web site is a load of crap! None of that stuff is worth what they say. The diamonds are sooooo much smaller than the picture and my ring chipped 2 weeks after I got it and I was told that I had 7 days to return it. If you were smart, you would stay away from that web site. If you think that you got a good deal than you are sadly a dumbass

5th of Jun, 2009

wow. that's a nice comment. touche.

• Ts
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I have been fighting with Bidz.com for over 8 months on returns that were not as described, junk, crap, wrong sizes, and didnt work and so on. I have an email from supervisor that they would give me 100% purchase price back. In order for this I had to stop my dispute with credit card company. I did all this and returned items and it has been 8 months and they still havent refunded my money. Instead they told my credit card company iI doctured the email and they never sent me anything. Then I recorded confirmation still am fighting to get my money!! NOw it time to take them to court.Places like this are scamming and misleading people to get them in the door by free shiping. But opps you better read beacuse its for their sister company buys.com. What a RIPP OFF STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. tHERESA IN FLORIDA

• Ka
      8th of Aug, 2009

I have not had any issues with Bidz.com
    I order pretty regularly and I am a satisfied custumer.
    You get what you pay for and I found some pretty good deals.
    No problems here, shipping is usually pretty quick too

• Dj
      11th of Aug, 2009

I purchased some items from Bidz.com last year and was satisfied with the items I received except for 1. - DJ

This Company is a FRAUD STAY AWAY

14th of Aug, 2009

High shipping charges and cheap made in China items. Ship broken items.
    Their financial and CEO are from China where they inport their cheap items.
    Legal actions need to be taken agains this fraud CO

14th of Aug, 2009

E Bay is a fair site and most jewlery is shipped FREE/ I purchased 17.00 in jewlery on Bidz and was charged 23.00 in S/H. This is a fradulent CO. that sell junk from China

• Na
      1st of Sep, 2009

It sucks to hear so many people are having problems with Bidz.com. I have bought a fair share of jewellery form the site and have never had any problems. The semi precious stones, watch, diamond ring and bracelet have all been what theysaid they were. I have a jeweller that has been in my family for many years and he appraised the items...all the items were worth more than I paid and a little less or a tad more then the value given by bidz. Thankfully I have never had to return any items.

• Lo
      10th of Sep, 2009

I received two necklaces from Bidz. They were disapointing, as I found them kind of chinzy. They we fresh water pearls with some other unidentifyable so called prescious stones. The color shown on the computer and actual, was pretty much as was shown. I felt that the shipping charges are over the top. I also ordered a ring, and I guess I'll just have to wait, before I can judge. My general observation of the goods on this site is: You had better know what it is "really" worth, and not "over bid". I've seen people pay way-way too much, and I feel sorry for their ignorance. You know - - - - "Buyer beware"!

• Ro
      5th of Oct, 2009

Was thinking of ordering something from bidz.com but after reading this im a little hesitant i dont know what to do now!!! Help please...

• Na
      9th of Oct, 2009

i just ordered some stuff through them. Wish i had read this first, I might not have jumped in so quickly. Will let you know what I end up receiving.

• Si
      10th of Oct, 2009

I have bought from them and have generally been satisfied with the products. S&H charges are picking up everywhere, especially in Canada.

• Bi
      12th of Oct, 2009

i just recently purchased two items from bidz.com, earrings and a neckless both cheap items and i wasn't sure the quality on the 400 dollar retail bracelet i won for 56 dollars, reading this sight i'm now unsure whether i should purchase or run away from it.

• De
      20th of Oct, 2009

I have had only one experience from Bidz.com and it was a little agravating and slightly dissapointing...and I think I'm done for good after that. I ordered some jewlery, silver only, a ring for a friend, cell phone charm, etc. totaling about 23.00$...paid about as much for s/h...about 2 months go by...nothing, not a notice from Fed-Ex or anything...emailed them asking for the status, as there was nothing on my Bidz.com account status page except for "in transit"...I got a pretty snotty email telling me that I didn' t bother to pick up my items from Fed-Ex and they were returned...I replied to the email informing them that there was no delivery notice left for me or anything, not a single shred of evidence that they had even sent it...they replied again trying to act like they did me a favour by not charging me the re-stocking fee and returned the $$ to my credit card...so 2 months of waiting for NOTHING! SCREW BIDZ.COM!

(after reading all the posts here, I am actually glad I didn't end up receiving anything so I didn't have to go through the hassle of returning any of it!)

• El
      21st of Oct, 2009

It looks like I have been taken for the total of 1152.87.
    I found Bidz.com on Oct 3, 2009. I have paid for all my items, On Monday Oct 19, I called and talked to them and they told me my address did not match my creditcard, we got that all straightened out and today Oct 21, My account has been frozen out. I now can't find out anything about when it or if it will be sent.
    This company is a very big ripp off!!! Its time to get some one to help us take some type of action.
    Until then STAY AWAY FROM BIDZ.COM!!!
    J.E.D.