Bidz.com / Corrupt company!

Culver City, CA, United States Review updated:
4.7
Phone: 800-444-8124

Don't buy from Bidz.com - their so called return policy is a joke and they send you absolute GARBAGE!!! Here is my situation: I purchased a three stone diamond ring that had a 'compare to' price over almost $3000. That should be your first clue that there is an issue - according to Bidz.com customer service rep this does not mean a thing - it doesn't mean appraised value, it doesn't mean it is worth diddly squat. So don't pay attention to the BS that it is worth even what you are bidding on it because it is not.

I paid $300 for the ring, then I paid $33 for the so called Gem and Jewelry report which I might add doesn't mean a thing - see paragraph above, even to Bidz.com it doesn't mean a thing. Then I paid shipping of $34 or more to Canada, plus duty at the border another $45 or so. Lets see now over $400 now right - around $412 at least.

I get the ring and I am HORRIFIED by the condition of it. The setting is crooked, lopsided, doesn't even look like real gold, the diamonds are so cloudy and included they don't look like diamonds - in other words I wouldn't even let my dog wear this sucker, never mind sell it to anyone as an ENGAGEMENT ring. YIKES Needless to say, I couldn't even keep it to wear myself since it is so horrible, just atrocious - I show it to others and they agree it is a piece of crap, even at the price I paid, no one would ever purchase it under any circumstances and I am not about to ruin my ratings over this ring.

SO I call customer service at Bidz - a major hassle, and I am told that if the ring is 'as described' which it wasn't since the setting was all crooked. and the diamonds were throwaways, I would only get a refund of 85% if the price I paid. PLUS - NO REFUND on the so called REPORT.

I wrote a letter with the ring, paid another $20 to ship it back and went on the site tonight to see what had happened with my refund - they will only refund me $255 of what I paid so I lose $213 on the situation - I LOSE ALMOST 50% ON THIS PURCHASE.

NOW they will realist the ring and sell it to some other poor SUCKER. I am appalled by this. They are the biggest rip-off I have ever encountered. They are a publically run company that is listed on the stock market and I want to write to their stockholders to tell them they better sell now before more people figure out that they just want to rip people off.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to purchase stuff on this site. I explained the situation to customer service, wrote a detailed letter to the returns department and still I lose almost half of what I paid for this piece of crap.

Do not be a s*cker like I was and remember if it seems to good to be true it is probably a rip off. You won't even get what you paid for the thing if you need to send it back. Some money back guarantee that is. DON'T BUY FROM BIDZ, especially diamonds - even the most expensive diamonds are majorly included - read up on diamonds before you buy because their quality is absolute bottom of the barrel. If you want junk this is the place to get it and you won't get your money back.
Va

Comments

28th of Feb, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Information Needed

Dear Freddi/Carol,

Thank you very much for you inquiry. We would like to further
investigate this issue and see what we can do to accommodate you. We would also like to clarify some of the information
presented on your posting.

Compare Price vs Retail price

The Compare Price is the maximum price other jewelers advertise online, for similar or the same jewelry item. This price in no way reflects worth or suggested retail price.

Now, if we have the retail price of the item, we will provide it to our customers.
Shipping charges all vary. Remember, we charge shipping and handling fees.

All international customers are subject to paying Duties and Taxes, how much is charged, Bidz does not know, it all varies by country and the total amount of the order. For more information on taxes and duties you must contact your local customs office.

We provide the customer will all the item information. From the type of metal to the clarity of the diamonds. Diamonds that are an (SI-1 & SI-2) -(I-2, I-3) in clarity are diamonds with visible inclusions, blemishes, which will affect the beauty of the diamond. All of this information is provided to the customer. A customer must always base his or her decision on the item description not solely on the image, please keep in mind that the images are magnified anywhere from 10-30 times the actual item size.

Bidz.com does offer a 100% money back guarantee on all merchandise that IS NOT as Described. See Below:

100% Risk Free Auctions

While at Bidz.com we wish you to feel secure with your transactions. Along with our unique, affordable inventory, we offer a money-back guarantee on all merchandise with the Bidz Auctions Guarantee logo.

Return Policy for Bidz.com Items:

1.All returns must be made within 15 days of the item's receipt.
2.We offer a 100% money-back guarantee if the item is not as described.
3.Some restrictions may apply and are subject to a 15% restocking fee**.
4.Shipping is non-refundable.
5.Auction Services such as Ring Resizing or Jewelry Appraisal Reports (JAR) are not eligible for refunds or returns.

We would really like to resolve the matter but are unable to, we are missing some information that was requested previously on The Rip-Off.

Please provide us with the listing and invoice number of the item in question.

We can pull up your account with that.

You can send it to carenas@bidz.com or contact us at 800.444.8124 and request to be transferred to extension 419.

Thank you for you valued time.
Sk
  15th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
They spam craigslist using auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com. They violate craigslist's terms of use forbidding listings of online auctions.
Sh
  29th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
BIDZ.COM is a scamming operation of thieves and rip-off artists. After several communications with them, I discovered that the seller and the consultant at BIDZ.COM are one and the same person. They asked me to pay for the item I purchased twice because it did not register in their system. I have proof that I paid but they said I would lose my refund and would not receive the merchandise if I did not send p ayment again. Nothing but scam artists! I advise everyone to stay away from them. I intend to pursue this further and would like to hear from anyone with complaints. shopperbest@aol.com
Ka
  21st of Apr, 2009
I have done business with bidz.com many times. I have never had a customer service issue, because I have never had to contact their customes service department. I have always recieved exactly what I was told I was getting, and recieved my items in a timely manner. I work in a very labor intensive job and wear my engagement ring every day and have not had any problems with it (e.g. stones falling out, scratches), it is as lovely as the day it was purchased 2 years ago. My experience has been that bidz.com offers quality products at reasonable prices, I buy several pieces from them each year and have found that it is a excelent way for someone of limited means to build a nice little jewlery collection. I am going to post this on all the complaints against bidz.com as I think that people should hear another side of the story, so I have covered some problems not mentioned in this post.
He
  13th of Jul, 2009
I totally agree with you. Bidz sells junk.

I purchased a ring from bidz.com on Jan 30, 2009. It was a gift for my mom. She finally wore it for an event a few months later. The first day she wore it the stone fell out. I contacted bidz.com and they told me they could do nothing since all returns have to be made within 15 days. I have sent several emails complaining and expressing my disappointment with them. I paid with a credit card and my credit card company won't help me. They state that you have to contact them within 60 days. I feel this company ripped me off and don't want it to happen to anybody else. If I can help anybody by my comment they I just saved another SUCKER!
Pe
  20th of Sep, 2009
i am a person
Pe
  20th of Sep, 2009
I am a person
Jr
  4th of Nov, 2009
ya I used to purchase in the past I would resell locally the quality used to be pretty decent but I just finished purchasing an item and after auction completed I did not win. Actually the person I was bidding against was the same person driving the price up. So I lost the auction then 2 minutes later I have it available in my cashier cart as second chance offer for my highest last bid. Let me spell it out for you they bid on their own crap to jack the price and then let you have it if they figure they are making enough off of it. I would consider that very illegal wouldnt you.
Mo
  8th of Nov, 2009
I find no problems with Bidz.com. I just ordered a topaz ring to start small because I wanted to see how this all works and I recieved it fairly fast and in PERFECT condition sealed in a plastic bag with a price tag included, in fact the ring looked better than it did in the picture. They do not try to scam you. Your rings probably got damaged during the shipping so relax a bit I'm 13 and I am making money off this website by buying rings and then selling them and I have never experienced a problem with it.
Xc
  16th of Dec, 2009
Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

Culver City Police. www.culvercitypolice.com. They are located at 4040 Duquesne Avenue, Culver City, and their phone number is. (310) 837-1221
The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
And anyone else you might think of. I have!

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. david@bidz.com
President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. lkuperman@bidz.com
CFO / Lawrence Kong. lawrence@bidz.com
COO / Claudia Liu. claudia@bidz.com
CCO / Larry Russell. larry@bidz.com
Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. marina@bidz.com
Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. vilius@bidz.com
Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

Cheers,
And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

Ta
  20th of Apr, 2018
@xcellent Hello, I'm ready to join the company that will expose the scammers, they must be punished.
Ni
  4th of Jan, 2010
hello i m really very upset about more than 1 month befored i ordered some jewery i havent got it i m reay upset i was thinking to gift my wife and one month is finished i didnot get any thing this is all game to fool pubic i dont need that give my money back bidz u all just fool public wht kind of service is this i will never take any thing nor te any one to take my friends and will post every where...than u
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Yes, that's right if u miss the auction. u will lately receive a second offer. Im on ebay for few year and I know that something is wrong with the item if that happen, so they want to sell it so fast. My suggest is, in your mean time, take some minuit in your life, boom it like how they bommed you, bid like crazy and leave it a blank cart. The POSITIVE FEEDBACK above, just read and feel it, fake totally. No customer take time to protect the online website, if they happy with it, they will be in silent and give it a go, right? This site is a crap when it doesnt have the feedback box for customer. that's not capitalism, it's command system, that's naxit. BE AWARE. THERE IS NOTHING FREE IN AMERICA, even A DISCOUNT.
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
And more, when you bid, even if the case is state closesing, then a new bid from another sucker is on, and 12 more second is add up. I know that bidz have ppl to do it, or maybe it's automatic bidz, and they will shoot it up until they reach their goal. So PUT THIS IN YOUR MIND, IF THEY SOLD IT, THEY HAVE PROFIT FROM IT, NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT COST, SO MY POINT IS THE RETAIL PRICE THEY CLAIMED, IS JUST A PEACH OF ###. AND THE RETAIL PRICE, IS ABOUT HALF THE PRICE THAT YOU PAID FOR IT, SO IT IS A ### OR NOT, U DECIDE. A 100K CORUM WATCH? SELL FOR 10K, THEY DISCOUNT 90K FOR A WATCH? THERE NO WHERE EXECPT CHINA THAT THIS HAPPENS. REPLICA ITEM MADE FROM CHINA, EVEYBODY KNOW THAT...AND THE QUALITY, GOSH, IT'S FROM CHINA SO IT HAS CHINA QUALITY.
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I win a dollan bulock ring that retail for $350! which make from stanless steal. STANLESS STEEL worth $350 for a ring. and they sold it for $26 dollar. A $150 Kappa watch and I win for $9. even if it is $1, im not gonna pay for it since there no way that I can trust it. U looking for bizd feecback and what U can find is absolutely NEGATIVE feedback from buyer and ABSOLUTELY STUPID FAKE possitive feedback that was made from bidz people. Damn man, this company has to be destroyed, and sombody has to be in JAIL.
Ra
  31st of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
@xcellent:

I disagree... I'm not an employee of Bidz and I got a totally legit piece of jewelry. No bogus here, folks.
Ra
  31st of Mar, 2010
And to the person with that inappropriate username: Grow up! Learn to type and display yourself with dignity on the net. If you were really serious about this, you would have typed a decent complaint. I bet you are some high school student who just bored in class and wanted to play "jab the man." Nice one, sport.

If you actually read the BBB complaints, you will notice that each and every one of those complaints was met. And funnily enough, all the people who made the complaints do not seem to be able to communicate effectively via a keyboard. Bidz.com receives 1000s of purchases per day, and so it is legitimate to see those complaints by these people.
Ka
  9th of Apr, 2010
I should not be surprised that BIDZ is a listed company after witnessing the corruption which brought about the GFC. I spent c.$600 An expensive lesson. This compaany has a licence to steal I am surprised the authorities do nothing about their blatant false advertising.
Ve
  6th of Aug, 2010
I bought two different times on this site, a gorgous ring which i've received and looks just as good as the picture. The other package on the other hand hasn't even turned up. I contacted Fedex which told me the sender has cancelled the package which is odd seeing as i've paid for it and it's been taken out of my card.
Am still trying to contact them with no such luck.
Jo
  18th of Nov, 2010
I have had both good and bad experiences with bidz.com. I haven't bought from them for over a year and then received a coupon code for $10 off and free shipping with no minimum purchase. So I spent $20 and for the $20 I got a k and bros watch for $5, two silver rings one with a green amethyst and garnets for $7 and a yellow sapphire/diamond silver ring for $3 and a pair of diamond/pearl silver earrings for $5. The order only cost me $10.50 and because the k and bros watch is considered oversize 1. I get free fedex shipping to my door in one week to Canada. As my order is under $20 I won't have to pay customs. I am expecting my order tomorrow and will post what I get. I only shop on bidz with coupon codes and make small purchases. I have bought good quality watches and diamond rings in the past but due to items not being as described I don't buy expensive items on bidz. I will only buy more expensive jewelry from jewelry stores or auctions I can attend in person and see and examine the item before bidding. My order with the coupon code came to only 10.50 so I am not expecting anything great, but am expecting what was described.
I also had a bad experience with a diamond ring from bidz.com. I purchased a man's rings weighing 5.2 grams in 10k gold described as a 0.20 carat diamond round cut solitaire with a G - I color grade and a SI2 clarity grade. What I received was a diamond with two large carbon deposits visible to the naked eye. This stone is definitely an I2 clarity grade. Bidz.com compare price was $1799 for a walmart ring with a low quality diamond. Also, I bought a 14k ring weighing 7.2 grams with a 0.27 carat, SI2, G - I color princess cut diamond. The diamond bidz.com described as 0.27 carat was only 0.15 carat.
Bidz is OK for cheap bling only. Never buy any additional services like ring sizing or appraisals, or ring boxes. You can get a better independant appraisal from your local jewelry store. Also, bidz.com sells 100's or 1000's of the same item and will just provide the same report for each item. Bidz is like gambling because you never know what the condition of the item you buy will arrive in. They use one photo to sell several items. The silver pearl/diamond earrings are cute and I ordered them in the past but that isn't a guarantee either. Also, the k and bros watch I received already with my previous coupon code purchase and it is a decent enough watch. The rings are a new purchase so have no idea what to expect.
My advice to anyone shopping on bidz. is don't buy expensive jewellry because all their diamonds are either small or of low quality. Now all jewellry that would be considered a decent quality like 14k now has a reserve, so you don't get the deals on the more expensive items anymore. Shipping on bidz is expensive. I am not going to pay $25.99 to ship a $10 item. So only shop with coupon codes with no minimum that offer free shipping and you can find coupon codes regularily by doing google searches. Right now two coupon codes are available that offer free shipping and $10 off with no minimum purchase expiry date 11/30/10.
I only shop on bidz.com when I get coupon codes for $10 off with no minimum purchase and free shipping. I keep my orders to $25 or less therefore only paying $15 or less for items with free shipping. That way items only cost $2 or $3 dollars and if even 3 out of 5 are ok that only adds another dollar to the price of the ok items which is still a good deal.
Jo
  19th of Nov, 2010
I am just posting to follow up on my order received today. The amethyst/garnet ring is really expensive looking and will make a great Christmas gift. I only paid $3.50 for it and the k and bros chronograph watch is really nice and only cost me $2.50. The sapphire/diamond ring is cute and only cost $1.50 and the pearl/diamond earrings are nice as well and only cost $2.50. I received the items today and for only $10.50. I paid less than the shipping for the watch for the entire order. I am very happy with my purchase and am just waiting for one more order that is being sent by regular mail.

Bidz.com Logo Bidz.com