Bharati Airtel / issue with post paid billings

1 India Review updated:

I am not sure whether any Bharati Airtel Official will ever have a look into this message. Since 2-3 months I am getting around Rs 400 extra in my Airtel Postpaid mobile BILL. When contacted Customer care, the person informed about GPRS activated in my mobile.

Yes, I had activated that my sending a message to 121 (AGPRS) and GPRS was activated within 4 hrs. This was around 15th July. However after 7 days I had sent a message to 121 DGPRS to deactivate the same... but no activity. It didn't got deactivated.

I have messaged 121 several times to deactivate GPRs, it gives me a confirmation regarding the activity, however there is no action taken. When contacted cust care, they informed that GPRS servers are down so call again tomorrow. Did the same again and again... but every time poor airtel's GPRS servers are down.

Contacted cust care again to deactivate my postpaid mobile number... someone informed that the services will be deactivated within 4 hrs. It is still 7 days and there is no activity.

And the best of everything... Superb customer care with all rude agents ready to fight but not ready to help.

Comments

Kb
  25th of Sep, 2008

Barati Airtel is a looting network in cognization with DOT and concerned Ministry.
Every month I am getting a bill of Rs 1500 and above even w/o a single calls .I am now in Delhi, and had taken new number from other network provider.I had sent complaint by e-mail and contacted customer care several time no reply or action.
My number is registered for DND, but i get so may calls.
I had given the details by sending e-mails to the customer care, no action.(Date and time of call, called party's number and name, organizations name, destination from which call is received etc).There employees are giving /providing the customers number to promotional call centre's for pocket money.

Now I decidde to send a complaint to DOT and Ministry of communications .
Also planning to take this case to consumer court.

I am not able see by bill sent to my home at Mumbai.I requested them to send a soft copy to me on my e-mail Id, but no response and no result.( I am in Delhi)
I feels Airtel officials are there to loot the customer, and not to to give service.
In fact several times they disconnected my out going calls and internationl calls without any reasons. when the out going calls are barred..Even after repeated e-mails they never replied or answered. FOR REACTIVATION I HAVE to Call Mumbai Airtel network by paying from my pocket.Re- activation time they say another FOUR hour, will become 24 hrs or 48 hours.

BHARATI AIRTEL IS LOOTING NETWORK company.

k.b chandra

Sh
  28th of Jan, 2009

"BHARATI AIRTEL IS A LOOTING NETWORK company."

The above logo is a VERY VERY suitable one for them. For the last one year Airtel is sending me excess bills for the services that I'm not using. Every month an excess of 300 Rs to 500 Rs for the GPRS is collected, informing that I'm using DADA, WAP, eta. VERY VERY POOR customer service and employes always put presure on me to rate them although they are not able to extend the service. I doubt that Airtel officials are missusing our GPRS connections for acessing internet. If Airtel is serious about keeping their valuable customers they must trace this immediately.
Shortly I'll be sending all these bills to some of the leading newspapers and TV media for publishing. I have already informed them by showing these bills.
With repeated request also Airtel still deny to return the amount of 2800 Rs collected from my bills. BEGGERS AIRTEL.

Sheeba

Ra
  8th of Sep, 2009

BHARATI AIRTEL IS A LOOTING NETWORK company."