Beyond The Rack / charged for merchandise that was never shipped

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Beware this discount internet company. First they are based in Canada, not USA if you try to call you either can't get through or you are placed on hold. They bill for merchandise the same day you order but never ship. They do not answer emails either.

Ga

Comments

• Lg
      23rd of Dec, 2010

I was excited to see a discount designer website that seemed legit but I guess "too goo to be true" is very true in this case. I ordered very expensive vitamins in September 2010. I sent 9 e-mails to the customer service email and never once got a non-automated response so they never helped me find my order. Delivery was a max of 15 days but I never saw my item until December 2010. When it arrived, all vitamins were expired. I then tried the customer service phone number and after 45 minutes on hold I got through to an actual human being. The were actually very kind and was very apologetic. They actually acted as if it happens all the time. She told me that I would receive a full refund and they would pay for the return shipping. I followed her instructions. It's now been 3 weeks and I have not gotten a phone call, email, or any refund like I was promised. i know paid for items that I returned. Unbelievable.

I saw other sites with the same situations posted all over it. I should have looked before I ordered. Shame on me. Please don't let this happen to you.

• Ml
      24th of Dec, 2010

This Company is BAD. Horrible Customer Service. I placed an order for jewelry back in October - still have not received one of the items ($45) charged my card back in Oct. Won't tell me when the item will ship (I'm asking when it will ship - not even when it will arrive.) Now they won't even respond. Also ordered bowls - one came damaged (it was packed in a huge box with thin paper) and another was so poorly crafted (it was junk.) They asked me to send pictures which I did immediately - now again they won't respond. I don't mind the wait - but their prices are not worth the awful customer service. I'm now going to contest the charges with my credit card company.

• Sh
      10th of Jan, 2011

I waited 1 month to receive my goods and when i got it, it wasn't what i ordered. I then returned the item and it's already been 2 weeks and I can't even get a refund or a credit. I can't get anyone on the phone and now noone is returning my emails. Will I ever hear from them?

• Ya
      3rd of Feb, 2011

Ordered 9 weeks ago and still haven't gotten all the items. they sent all separate at different times. I returned a jacket 5 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten refund (though I think it's just store credit). Customer service is close to inexistant.
    This company is run like a crack house. DO NOT BUY ON THAT WEBSITE!!!

• Go
      4th of Mar, 2011

They do answer e-mails, and give you refund if cannot ship. But they do not notify you about that, and ship often junk you have to return back and loose money on shipping, by the way they claim if you pay your shipping - they will not charge you for shipping label they provide. So I paid my own shipping $10.45, they still CHARGED ME 9.95$ PLUS TAX (Canada), and I had hell time trying to get that charge back, they refused me! Only after I wrote I will post complaints on Interenet everywhere I could find - in places like here- they returned charge for unused shipping label without any excuses or explanations - after that I cancelled my last order (and they returned me only foritems, not for shipping again, the shoipping they never did!), and now I refuse to shop with them again. If you respect yourself, value your time and your good mood - you will not shop with them, their discount 30% is not worth it, after they send you used junk and make you feel like a piece of one! at the end of the day you do not get it cheaper, nor feel yourself a valuable customer of a "closed shopping club"...

4th of Mar, 2011

For every unhappy customer, there are actually customers like myself that are in fact pleased with the service. I have ordered items from them, and yes I have had to wait, but to pay a low amount for something that would cost so much specifically Designer Brand Names, I actually don't mind waiting for my item. I didn't understand how the process worked and I too at first had trouble getting through customer service, but then when I did get through, the person that spoke with me was very nice. They let me know that when I order an item, I get the lowest price based on the way they do their business. They went on to explain that an order takes place, my credit card is charged, the event completes, they order from the vendor, and they wait till the vendor sends them the items based on what was ordered. I think the problem I was having with them was me comparing them to other online companies that I do business with, example Amazon, who send out the products right away. Now having been explained how their business works, I now understand why the price can be so low for an amazing bag that a retail store might have charged me. I actually don't mind the wait because I really want that bag I ordered and now I understand that sometimes I wait a many weeks to get my item, and sometimes I don't. I have also returned items to them, and have received a refund. Maybe some of the experiences you had are not the best, but I just wanted to share that I get how it works and for that I make a conscience decision to buy from them so that I can get the lowest price. Maybe contact them and ask them to explain it to you and that might make you feel less frustrated. Hope this helps.

• Di
      29th of Mar, 2011

Beyond The Rack sucks! Horrible costumer service, worst I have ever dealt with. Took over a month to ship and they were very rude to me on the phone, I much prefer HomeSav, the costumer service is GREAT and the deal's are much better!!

Sign Up to HomeSav! Free!!! Daily deals on brand name home decor & furniture- up to 70% off retail

Visit the HomeSav website for more information. http://www.homesav.com/

• Zh
      6th of Apr, 2011

I have made several purchases from Beyond The Rack (BTR) and sadly there were all made within a very short time period, and I am paying dearly for it now.

In my initial shipment from BTR I received a hot pair of shoes, granted they sent me a different style than I ordered but I liked them so I just let it go. Order # 2, I received a nice pair of authentic designer jeans, so I kept ordering. I ordered approx 20 more items (I know.. stupid on my part to order so much, but the first 2 were good so I figured the rest would be too. (Maybe that is how they lure you in, send you a few great things to fool you into thinking they are a reputable company and then Whammo, they send you all crap). Then I received order #3 and it all went down hill from there. Now, 2 months later, because their shipping is snail slow, I'm starting to receive my items and I am horrified at what I have been receiving. So far out of 10 items 1 is suitable, the majority of the merchandise I have received is defective, substandard, low quality clothing, fake jeans that have had they identifying labels and tags removed from so they could be passed of and sold as authentic designer/ brand name merchandise.

After discovering that 2 pairs of of my jeans were fake, I contacted BTR via email, pictures of the jeans attached showing holes in the waistband, and left over thread where the labels had once been attached. I received an immediate reply with an apology stating that my credit card would be refunded withing a couple of days. I was refunded for 1 pair not including shipping...are you kidding me?

BTR, after receiving several justifiable complaints from me regarding their merchandise, all via e-mail with pictures attached, proving my complaints, BTR stopped responding and has refused to communicate with me any further and refund my money for the items. To date I have received refunds for 1 pair of jeans and a store credit for $19.95, what a joke.. I am out close to $1000.00. So, as I said I would... to save all the other shoppers out there from :evil: BTR :evil:, I vowed to share my story with the rest of the world over the internet, thus I am sharing their blatantly dishonest practices with you here.

Overall, I have received over 20 substandard items, 7 pairs of jeans, out of which 3 are defective and 4 pairs have had the labels removed. When it happens once it is a mistake, 4 times is not. Whatever positive review you may read are 1 out of 10, 000 bad ones and many are perhaps written by BTR staff who do not wish to be unemployed should the truth get out!

BEWARE:What I have learned through research is this:
    [LIST]
    [*]When BTR advertises blowout sales, or any percentage off, ie: 80% it means, that you will receive merchandise that:
    [*]has been returned
    [*]is defective
    [*]is damaged
    [*]is not authentic
    [*]is clothing that was sold to them as seconds/imperfect and that they resell to the consumer as first quality.
    [*]has been worn and returned and BTR is reselling
    [*]is substandard because the garment has been mislabeled. It was labeled as a size small but is actually a sz Large. BTR will advertise these items as being the mislabeled size. So you think you are ordering a small and you receive a garment labeled small but it is the large garment that was mislabeled. So, then you try to return it because it is way to big and they will not accept the return. BTR will tell you it is not their fault because it was advertised as a small and you received a garment labeled small, so too bad for you the consumer..
    [*]you will never get your money back
    [*]you might get a few good items but just wait, if you continue to shop there the bad will come, guaranteed!

• Fe
      28th of Sep, 2011

Just horrible in every way.
    No email confirmations, no reliable shipping/tracking notifications, shoddy merchandise.
    Ridiculously slow shipping, even for this type of reseller.
    Terrible execution of business model (done properly by other sites).
    Got a gift credit for this site, and even for "free" this site was just the pits. I couldn't imagine spending my own cash on this pathetic site.

• Ka
      10th of Nov, 2015

Wow, can't believe I am also a victim of this company. They need to be put out of business immediately. No shipment and won't refund my money. Besides having made over 5 phone calls.

• Ge
      31st of Mar, 2016

wish I had seen this page before I was fooled. I ordered a comforter, dust ruffle and pillow sham set in early February - was supposed to ship late February. Then was supposed to arrive March 12-19. Then no updates at all. Contacted them and they responded via email apologizing and letting me know it would ship end of March. Yesterday I received an email apologizing and indicating further delays due to internal corporate issues. Said merchandise is now shipping, but there are additional delays. Gave me a $10 gift certificate and indicated if the merchandise cannot be obtained, they will give me a credit for my charge of $96.00, towards future purchase. I told them to please just cancel the order and credit the money back to m credit card. No more responses. I have contacted my credit card company to dispute and cancel the charge. It is under investigation. Did not realize it was a Canadian company. Ashamed of myself for not realizing, if it looks too good to be true, it is!

• Gi
      31st of May, 2016

I ordered 2 items and in more than two months it only came one and no where for me to contact them. It is been 5 months already.

• Os
      1st of Aug, 2016
    Beyondtherack.com - Don't give them your money
    Beyondtherack.com
    beyondtherack.com

It really looks like you are getting a great deal on their website... until you compare the prices with your local store! I bought a watch from beyondtherack and paid $30 more than I would have if I bought the exact same watch from Nordstrom's rack.

The quality of the products is not great either! I had a good experience with them initially, I bought a dress that needed just minor tailoring but it was very well made otherwise. So I was excited to buy more stuff from them. Well the quality of all my other purchases didn't match the price tag. I had to return $230 worth of stuff but they DON"T GIVE ANY MONEY BACK, only store credit. I ordered a comforter that turned out to be a joke; the website pictures were so much better! I ordered a couple of dresses that looked horrible up close. So I keep returning the items I buy from them and keep paying for shipping both ways. Today I finally ordered a tie for the remaining balance. Just praying there is nothing wrong with it and I can be done with this company.

Oh and the customer service people are rude! When I said I wouldn't like to buy anything from their website anymore, I'd like to get my money back on my credit card, the lady replied something like, "too bad we don't refund the money. You can only use that money on our site".

• Ip
      26th of Aug, 2016
    Beyondtherack.com - Super frustrating and naturally, I shall not be purchasing from them again
    Beyondtherack.com
    beyondtherack.com

I was invited to join the website and on the first day (over a month ago at this point) ordered few items. Then within one week I placed 3 more orders. A month has passed. I was charged. I have not recieved anything. Customer service is saying that USPS cannot find the address that I gave them, but USPS, FEDEX, and UPS deliver to my agency on a regular basis. I was told my orders were re-routed back to them, then sent back to me. Still nothing. This is super frustrating and naturally, I shall not be purchasing from them again.