Best Buy Reward Zone Master Card / charges

This company activated a credit card that had not been active for almost 2 years, never told me I owed them the annual fee ($69) on a cc with a $300 limit, give me a break. When I contacted them they told me they would cancel the card and all the fees "LIE". Now i have to deal with them on this when I didn't even activate the card. This should be considered a stolen card!!!

Comments

• Ri
      19th of Jan, 2011

Reward Zone MC refuses to cancel the card. Multiple calls, and usually after lengthy argument, and reminding them of an extensive call history of attempts to cancel (which they should have documented) they promise to cancel the account. Last time demanded they confirm in writing, which did not happen. Still not closed after nearly a year. About all they did was remove the late charges.

• Re
      20th of Oct, 2011

I was notified that my Reward Zone MC was just cancelled for not using it within 6 months. I think it would have been better for them to notify me that if I do not use it then they wouldn't have to close it. I was planning on using this card for Christmas!!. They can notify you of a late fee, past due, ect but they cannot tell you that you have a month to use the card or it will be closed. I am sure Best Buy would rather make the money off the people that do not pay their cards, then the people that actually pay their card on time.

• Wh
      22nd of Oct, 2011

this card is a scam, as is their customer service and rude managers. i would never shop at best buy, they are deceitful, do not match wal mart or costco. costco and wal mart have cheaper and better warrentees