Benjamin Franklin Plumbing / Overcharged and ripped off

1 Lakeland, FL, United States Review updated:

This company is nothing but a big rip-off for plumbing work. We were told they have a flat fee for their plumbing work, however, it goes by different Levels according to the work involved. We were charged $805 for two hours of work which could have been done in one hour. We were charged on two of their different levels which brought the price up that high. We had a leaking drain pipe under the house from our kitchen sink. All the service person did was to cut off a 2" by 6" peiece of PVC and replace it. Their service person was a smooth talker and sold us a bunch of BS. I have written the company and asked for a refund of their Level 4 of work which we should never have been charged since all the work he did was covered under Level 5. I have not received a reply from them yet. I am aslo filing a complaint with ther BBB of Tampa of which they are members.
I would suggest not even consider using Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. Very upset and dissatisfied and waiting for a response from their Tampa office.

Ma

Comments

12th of Oct, 2010

I filed a complaint against Benjamin Franklin Plumbing and after writing to the company's Tampa's office I finally received a phone call and was able to get the level of service reduced which gave me a partial refund...I decided to accept it, although I feel it still wasn't the amount if should have been.
    A lesson well learnd... NOT to use Benjamin Franklin Plumbing again...never !
    I don't understand how this company can continue to stay in business when you read all the complaints against them on this site.