Bathroom Crafters / Quality

1 IL, United States Review updated:

We got our bathroom done by Bathroom Crafters about two years ago and all I can say is that NO part of it has held up well. The guy who told us how great the tub liners are (the guy who comes to your house and sings this crap company's praises) said they are easy to clean with a mild cleaner like dish detergent- it is not. I cannot get grime off of it easily at all. You can't use anything harder or else the liner will scratch. The sink scratches very easily and the vanity/under sink cupboard has chipped and the paint is starting to peel. We complained initially because the workmanship was so shoddy. My husband ended up re-painting the bathroom after their painters did such a terrible job. The owner did not call us back for an inappropriately long time and then was downright rude and unhelpful. They said the job would take three days - what a joke. It took a full month. We will have to re-do our bathroom again pretty soon and obviously we will stay FAR AWAY from this terribly run sham of a business. I hope this review is helpful and encourages you to say no to Bathroom Crafters.

Ca

Comments

Ma
  10th of Feb, 2009

I have been also having problems with the liner filling with water, the tiles which they installed and the grout. This has been going on since day 1 (over 3 years ago)! Now they want to start charging a $35 service fee to come out and drain the tub. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and looking to take legal action against Bathroom Crafters for breach of contract. There is supposedly a Lifetime Warranty on the liner including all labor.

Jh
  16th of Apr, 2009

I agree, absolutely no customer service or follow up even when called 2 times, and a face to face at a home show.
My work was just done recently, not all that bad...yet, but I fear for a year or 2 down the road. Somewhat shabby workmanship by an installer whose primary and favorite tool seemed to be the claw end of a hammer. Proper parts were not available for the promised install date so when I tried to hold back on the remainder of the payment until 'work completed' as stated on the contract, I was made to feel guilty for ostensibly having the installer make a special trip somewhere to gather the parts. When parts were finally available, the careless installation caused damage to the initial caulking which I have not been able to get anyone to address after 2 months now. Don't hire these guys if you can avoid it. I did and I'm sorry. Whatever happened to professional workmanship, do they hire just anybody that can drive their trucks?