Complaints & Reviews

Rip Off

Ryan Sexton, Boca Raton 20 UnfinishedPools completly sepearate from Down To Earth Gunite Pools. Of course he...

Fraud

By Ryan Sexton, Boca Raton

Mr Hogan, I recently read your post and wish to make the following comments:
Understandably people are confused...Your pool company now resides in the location formerly known as Down to Earth Gunite Pools. Your ad now covers the billboard formerly advertising Down to Earth Gunite Pools. the ad is identical only the name has been changed. Edward Johnson's staff is still answering phones in your pool office, in fact, the phone number is the same one given to us months ago by an employee of Down to Earth Gunite Pools. And lastly, your company took out an identical ad in the Clipper Magazine as previously listed by Down to Earth Gunite Pools LLC, listing the same address and phone number. As you can see, it is easy for former Down to Earth Gunite customers to be confused. It is unfortunate that your reputation is under scrutiny due to these mitigating factors. However, you state that you are an honorable businessman. I would LOVE to have an honorable businessman finish our pool. Perhaps by having Edward Johnson on site at your location, this would enable you to strike a deal with Eddie on kicking back some of our money to complete our pool. I am sure any other former Down to Earth Pool customer would jump at the chance for Eddie to make this right for them in some small way. If you are interested I would welcome your response. I would be happy to publicly inform everyone of the final results.

• Ly
    Lynda Feb 23, 2009

It has been brought to my attention that everyone who has been scammed out of money by this company need to get together and file a formal criminal complaint at their County Sherriffs Department, this complaint must be filed as a GROUP of individuals for the Sherriffs Police to take this seriously and start a fraud investigation. This may be the only way to get him out of business. We have spoken to an attorney...either we go after this company (Eddie & Robert) as a class action...at a fraction of the cost to each of us individually...or we opt to do it on our own...either way there is no guarantee of restitution...but we can place liens! Keep in mind there is a statute of limitations on fraud...so time is NOT on our side. Get in touch with me if you are interested. Also check out Down to Earth Gunite on the topix website

Resolved Took our $ & won't come back & They lie

If these pool people cared about their customers and intended to finish ALL of our pools, wouldn't you think they would have told us what was going on from the beginning and reassured us continuously that they intended to finish? That's what I'd do if I cared about my company's reputation. If YOU didn't call them, they wouldn't call you. As they sit back and count the money we gave them... It's like the thief coming to your front door and you handing them your tv, your jewelry, your digital camera... your check written to DTEGP...
We signed our contract 5/29/08 for them to excavate and build a new swimming pool. They started excavating 7/7/08. Everything was going smoothly up until they were paid the second to last check where we had the gunite, plumbing, tile and coping. We did not and still do not have the deck or pavers, the diamond brite, the equipment and no electrical hookup. Coincidentally many (most? all?) of us have given 95% of the money to them. Is anybody in the 'just gave them a deposit' stage? Maybe RA Milner's in on it too. That's why Rodney so nicely offered to give us an estimate to finish. What's Milner's company name? Maybe we need to also point blame in another direction. Relinquishing the permit when there were all those pools to finish... You're heartless too Mr Milner. If anyone is in Palm Beach County, please send me an email!

Resolved rip off your money,never finish work

this soo...called company rip off 20.000 dollars from me, when they came to my house they say they will have...

Resolved Abandonment/Fraud

We signed a new pool construction contract with Down to Earth Gunite in August 2008. To date, (6 months and counting) we have a concrete shell with tile on the edge and pavers lining the top...that's it! We have no plumbing or plumbing supplies, no Diamond Brite finish, no pavers or patio, no heater, no electical, no chlorinator, no vaccuum, no cover, and no response from Down to Earth. We have made formal complaints to every available Palm Beach County and State of Florida organization. An investigation is pending against Robert Milner (Guarantor) and Eddie Johnson sales rep and owner of Down to Earth Gunite Pools and Extreme Excavating. I advise everyone who has had a problem with this company to complain to the Department of Proffesional Regulation and Licensing Bureau. It seems Down to Earth Gunite's " MO" (mode of operation) is to write up the contract stating large amounts of money are to be paid upon specific stages of construction. They install about 2, 000 worth of materials and labor and you pay about 22, 000 according to the contract. They fail to bring supplies and materials as they skip around the construction process to get contract payouts. Once you begin to call requesting when they will be there to complete the next phase, you get the proverbial run around. Employees are well trained to lie directly to the customer and promise dates of construction which NEVER take place.Eventually, they ignore your phone calls...and lastly, their response is "sue us". They have made no attempt to make this right for us. Their employees are now answering the phones at Hogan Concrete Cutting...whose offices are located at Down to Earth Gunite's Ft Lauderdale Showroom address. (Interestingly, Hogan Concrete Cutting is now running the identical pool ad, listing the identical address and phone number as Down to Earth Gunite Pools had run in the past) I urge everyone to contact the Department of Proffesional Regulation and Licensing Bureau. I am of the understanding that there are currently 60 pools open under Down to Earth Gunite..SO...look at it this way...if he scammed 20, 0000 from each open pool...it would leave him a profit of...1, 200, 000 That's over ONE MILLION folks! Not a bad profit margin! I understand Eddie Johnson has lost his pool contractor license under the name of Down to Earth Gunite Pools...BEWARE of any other company he may be involved with!!! If anyone is interested in joining together for a class action lawsuit or perhaps a visit with WPBF news...please come forward.

army Feb 20, 2009

I am interested in speaking with you - check your email here on this site

army Feb 23, 2009

If anyone has made payment either at DTEG location in Ft. Lauderdale or in broward/ft. lauderdale county please conact me ASAP at:

[email protected]

Resolved pool construction

start a pool and quit and never finished the job have t pay another company to complete my pool at an...

FRAUD, STEELING MONEY

DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY! They are terrible, they will steal your money and never finish your pool. Beware of Down To Earth Gunite Pools. The better business bureau gave them an "F"

We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

army Dec 08, 2008

I completely agree

• Co
    Concerned Feb 20, 2009

Now doing business as Hogan Concrete Cutting. Watch ou for these guys.They will take your money and not complete your pool.

Fraud, Dishonest, Filing false documentation, failure to complete work and taking money

This company has comitted fraud by working under a dead man's license, failure to complete work, fraud...