Bath and Body Works / false advertising

1672 E. 7000 S.Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 801-943-0372
Placed order on Bath & Body Words website on 11/10/08. I ordered a Black Shave Gel. It was advertised that with any purchase you would receive a free full size after shave. I never received it. Forgot about it until I was on the website again to use a two-day free shipping code that I received on an e-mail that same day. Well, the free shipping code was expired.

I e-mailed Bath & Body Works about not receiving the free after shave and about the expired free shipping code. They answered that they were out of the free after shave, even though the offer had still been on there website as of 11/26. Nothing about the expired free shipping code. They offered me $10.00 off on my next order, which I ALREADY had and had tried to use with the free shipping code (and was expired on the same day offered.) This is just baiting and more baiting to get you to spend more money. They haven't answered my last e-mail in which I explained I didn't want to pay more shipping or spend $60.00 more to not pay shipping when I can't trust them to follow through on their "offers" (more like scams).

Comments

Ry
  15th of May, 2009
Why don't you just go to the store and buy it instead of online?
Ca
  8th of Apr, 2018
The child that posted this complaint needs to learn the difference between false advertising and expired. Maybe if she got mommy or daddy to read the promotion to her they would have let her know that it was expired. I know words like "at participating locations" and "while supplies last" are difficult words for an eight year old like her to sound out, but she could have had an adult help her.

Bath & Body Works Direct Logo Bath & Body Works Direct