Barnes and Noble / satisfaction is also at the customer's expense
Hi everyone, we're hoping someone nice can resolve this blog for us. We'd like to know why we were denied our money back from Barnes and Noble, when going into the Enfield store here in town to do something simple as returning 2 books. Is it your policy to keep our money at all costs, while thinking we will be satisfied with store credit only, immediately after we were obviously dissatisfied with our purchase? So we should pay all expenses of going to a store, buying a shipping box,tape, a label, shipping the items back to you, so you can't keep our money? Basically it's losing money shopping with you, and satisfaction is also at the customer's expense.
That, and when we asked to speak to "your manager" the person's answer was that they were the manager Then moments later, when asked to speak to his manager again, he was inclined to say the manager isn't in until 9 am the next day? Being told the return policy is on the web site, but knowing it was never shown during checkout isn't customer satisfaction. Store credit is not a refund. We want our money back without having additional expenses."
I could train a monkey to slide that card and give a refund - why can't Barnes and Noble? Because they want to keep your money at all costs. They know the cost of shipping two books isn't worth the aggravation. So- keep the customers money. If you've ever shopped at a major department store, you'd know they accept returns from other stores, online purchases or not - and give a full refund, not store credit. They never even cared why we wished to return the items.
The reply from Barnes and Noble, whom naturally decided to send a form letter instead of answering the question.
More Barnes and Noble Complaints & Reviews
- Barnes and Noble - unauthorized membership renewal charges 
- Barnes And Noble Member Card - member card 
- Barnes & Noble - advertised price vs in store price 
- Barnes and Noble - fraud 
- Barnes & Noble - barnes and noble falsely advertises & fast and free & delivery 
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - auto renewal of b&n membership
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - I did a mistake in my order and try to cancel the same day-not possible. once ordered its locked in.
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - membership renewal
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - online order
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - workers