Barnes and Noble / poor customer service

I ordered a dvd collection from b&n on november 30. Several days later, I received an email that the shipment was delayed, and then another notice that it shipped on december 7. It hadn't arrived by december 18. I then sent two emails asking b&n to check on the shipment (Which hadn't moved in a week) ; I received no response to the first, and a generic response to the second. I called, and after getting the runaround from one of b&n's customer service robots, it was agreed that the order was lost in transit and would be reshipped to our place in vermont. I asked for email verification of the reorder, didn't receive anything, and when I called to confirm this found out that the robot hadn't reordered the merchandise. This time I spoke with a supervisor who assured me that the dvds would be shipped out in time for christmas. So, today's the 26th and ups tracking says that billing info has been received and b&n's automated service says it hasn't been shipped. Tonight's scripted robot says the order has been shipped. Ill believe it when I see it. B&n's policy does not permit the robot to send an email to the customer to confirm tonight's conversation. Unfortunately the merchandise was purchased on a gift card - so i'm compelled to use it. B&n has the least responsive and rudest customer service department i've ever dealt with, and satisfaction is not guaranteed. I won't do business with them again.

Pp

Comments

• Mi
      27th of Dec, 2010

I got the same message, I had to wait two weeks to get an email telling me my packages would be delayed and then shipped in 1-5 days. After waiting for three weeks I cancalled my purchases just recently.

• To
      9th of Jun, 2011

Particular employee always shows poor service. Drops the F-bomb constantly and slams the books and magazines when putting them on shelves. When asked for books relating to differing political views/religious beliefs, mutters about customers going to hell, etc.

• Mo
      9th of Jun, 2011

Somehow I doubt the sincerity of your complaint.

• Fr
      17th of Jan, 2012

I ordered a textbook from them on January 11 it stated that the expected delievery date January 12.. Today being January 17 and class has started my order has still not shipped yet. I ask on chat how long it takes to ship the only answer I ever recieved was We're sorry but we can not give you a time frame because your order is "In Process" When I asked can you tell me if I can rent from a store they stated you have to go in and find out... I kept getting the run around and finally got someone to say most likely two weeks to ship...I didnt realize we had to write the book. I will never order from them again. I ordered from Textbook.com and recieved it with in two days.