Banfield Pet Hospital / unnecessary charge

1 Mesa, AZ, United States Review updated:

I took my chihuahua puppy in to banfield for an eye infection. They told me to leave him there for a couple of hours for antibiotic shots and to scrape his skin for a culture. No sooner did I get home, then they called and said he was ready to go. By the time I got there, one hour had elapsed from the time I dropped him off. It wasn't until I got home and looked at the invoice (You pay before they even print it out!) that they had charged me $30 for "hospitalization ward fee."huh??? I drove back and asked for an explanation. They said it was something new and that, if I wasn't on their wellness plan, I had to pay it. I wrote to the corporate office and someone called me back, saying that they should have been charging it all along, but had dropped the ball. That's why I was never charged for my cat for the last year and a half. I said "fine. From now on, i'll just hold my pet out in the waiting area until you're ready to do shots or lab work." I was told i'd be charged anyway!!! Never have I had a vet in private practice take my animal in the back, then try to tack on a "hospitalization" fee! My dog was there for only one hour!!! They told me they'd take off the $30 charge just this one time, but when I went back to pick up pills for the dog a few days later, I had to go thru the whole thing again, because they had not made the adjustment. The vets there are fresh out of school, and very quick to suggest going to a specialist, or running unnecessary tests. I don't have $500 every 2 months for this! It's ridiculous, to say the least... I will not be going back.

Comments

• Di
      30th of Aug, 2009

Banfield told me to go down on the 30th to get my cat vacinated, but when we went down there they told me that my contract was up and i would have to pay to get the vacnitation for my cat. The receptionist gabby gave me a card and told me to call the manager tommarow beacause the manager was not in on sunday. I came back to the house and looked at the legal contract i signed when we first started this. I saw that i started it 08/30/2008 and my cat shoud have been covered the 08/30/2009.We went back down there to show them the paper work. When we got there it was a diffrent lady who agreed with me and took the paperwork in the back to show a doctor. She came back out and said she can't help me beacause there computer said there was no insurance. She gave me a card to call there main office and when I called I got a hold of annie. I was talking to here about my problem im having with them and she tried calling the hospital to get them to give my cat the shot but it didnt work. She was trying to work with me but they didn't listen to her. Then gabby told the other receptionist she will take over and gabby ignored me and so i left with my cat. I will never take any of my cats back there again an I will tell people not to go and take there animals there.