Banfield Pet Hospital / awful company
I took our pet for an office visit and several times declined their "plans" but they wouldn't give up! They just kept asking if I wanted the plan for $442 or the one for $514. And these prices didn't include the medication they were suggesting.
Since they were so determined that I was going to give them some major money, they charged almost $70 for a 3 day supply of ear ointments, in addition to the $45 charge for the visit. I got no refills, of course, so my dog will have the same problem in a few days unless I put up with the sales pitch again and pay another $115. And buying one of their plans wouldn't even help with the cost, since the meds are not included and are ridiculously over-priced - from Banfield's own Glenhaven brand, so they profit from anything they prescribe, also.
Too bad they can't care half as much about a pet's health as they care about filling their pockets. I've had dogs all my live and never objected to paying a fair amount for pet care, but this is a rip-off. I'm out a good chunk of hard-earned money and my dog's problem is not even solved. Obviously, I'll never go back.
More Banfield Pet Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan kitten
- Banfield Pet Hospital - banfield pet hospital killed our dog
- Banfield Pet Hospital - doctor, surgery, service
- Banfield Pet Hospital - availability
- Banfield Pet Hospital - double charge