Banfield Clinic / Petsmart / WORST VET EVER

1 Highland AveSalem, MA, United States Review updated:

I recently adopted a dog that was in poor physical condition - he was in a shelter for some time, and was scheduled for euthanasia. My boyfriend and i brought him into a Petsmart/Banfield Clinic because they could see him before our normal vet could. Basically, the vet was this woman who seemed like she just tripped and fell into this career and wasn't sure what to do now. She wasn't helpful or forthcoming with info. She didn't seem to want to answer our questions (or she didn't know the answers), her attitude was like "uh..." We concerned about ringworm because his fur was falling out in places so she took a skin sample and said we'd get the results in about 10 days. In the meantime she gave us some wipes for his skin. She hardly did much of anything and the visit cost more than $200. After about 8 or 9 days they still ddin't have the results and the wipes didn't seem to do much. We then took him to our regular vet, and he told us the wipes they gave us was useless - and for what we paid for them (2 bottles at that - why sell us so many?!) we could have just paid for some generic oral antibiotic (which we did ) which started clearing up the fungal infection immediately. His skin looks %100 better. Why didn't the vet at banfield simply prescribe the pills in the first place? The other vet wasn't too concerned about getting any test results in before giving him the medicine - he said it appeared to be ringworm and better give him these. But really the worst part of the whole experience was that the vetnurse, or vet tech or whatever they have there, , actually seemed more knowledgable and helpful than the vet! the vet seemed like she was in a daze or just really didn't give a ### about being there and doing her job. It was like a ghost came into the room and didn't know who or where she was, but somehow figured out she was supposed to be examing this dog.
we very much regret wasting our time and money there.

Comments

• Ph
      26th of Jan, 2010

Antibiotics are not effective against a fungus infection and ringworm takes thirty days to clear itself up, so the antibiotics probably did not do a thing either, so you should be just as peeved at the second vet. In fact, I hope that you post a complaint on his/ her website since he/she was just as bad as the first one.

• Lu
      14th of Dec, 2013

The people that work at this Banfield Hospital stink!! They do not know how you do their job nor do they care!! I called for them to fax a perscription in for my dog who has seizures. She was already getting this medicine for almost a year, just ran out of refills. So I call very early one day, they were supposed to fax it in at 9:00am... By 5pm it STILL was not there. Then by 7pm it still was not there!! I called back & they said oh she is going to fax it right away. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE HOURS Ago!! Anyways a short version: they finally faxed it to the WRONG PLACE!! & I told them 2 times where to send it & the phone # but still couldn't... My dog had to miss a night pill & a morning pill!! Which is extremely bad for the dog!! It didn't get faxed over till the NEXT day around 1pm!! These people suck & should be fired!! They don't care & are extremely rude!! Don't take your pet to them if you love your pet!!