Banfield Clinic / Petsmart / WORST VET EVER
I recently adopted a dog that was in poor physical condition - he was in a shelter for some time, and was scheduled for euthanasia. My boyfriend and i brought him into a Petsmart/Banfield Clinic because they could see him before our normal vet could. Basically, the vet was this woman who seemed like she just tripped and fell into this career and wasn't sure what to do now. She wasn't helpful or forthcoming with info. She didn't seem to want to answer our questions (or she didn't know the answers), her attitude was like "uh..." We concerned about ringworm because his fur was falling out in places so she took a skin sample and said we'd get the results in about 10 days. In the meantime she gave us some wipes for his skin. She hardly did much of anything and the visit cost more than $200. After about 8 or 9 days they still ddin't have the results and the wipes didn't seem to do much. We then took him to our regular vet, and he told us the wipes they gave us was useless - and for what we paid for them (2 bottles at that - why sell us so many?!) we could have just paid for some generic oral antibiotic (which we did ) which started clearing up the fungal infection immediately. His skin looks %100 better. Why didn't the vet at banfield simply prescribe the pills in the first place? The other vet wasn't too concerned about getting any test results in before giving him the medicine - he said it appeared to be ringworm and better give him these. But really the worst part of the whole experience was that the vetnurse, or vet tech or whatever they have there, , actually seemed more knowledgable and helpful than the vet! the vet seemed like she was in a daze or just really didn't give a ### about being there and doing her job. It was like a ghost came into the room and didn't know who or where she was, but somehow figured out she was supposed to be examing this dog.
we very much regret wasting our time and money there.
More Banfield Clinic / Petsmart Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - availability
- Banfield Pet Hospital - double charge
- Banfield Pet Hospital - negligent and unethical behavior - they caused the death of our english bulldog
- Banfield Pet Hospital - fraud and intentional misrepresentation
- Banfield Pet Hospital - scheduling & management attitude