Bally Total Fitness / Unreliable and rude

Dec2009 I bought a 6 month membership a free 6 month membership. I bought the package on Dec 8. We walked up to the desk to redeem our new memberships and were quickly introduced to how things operate at Bally. The front desk girl was sitting on the desk with her feet up texting. She did not look up to acknowledge us but merely made a gesture for us to scan our membership cards ourselves. I then said we are new members and need cards. This is when I meet Scott. I began by explain my wallet was stolen and that I did not have the card I used originally to purchase the membership but it was already paid for. When I presented Scott with my new card he immediately said he could not accept it. The card was a temporary card until my new one arrived. I explained that the number, expiration date, security code and everything else are the same that will be printed on my official card. My concern here was that he told me that if I did not put a card on file at that location by Jan 3rd I would not be able to redeem my free guest membership. He completely refused to try to rug that card because he said, It doesnt always work. This led me to believe that it works sometimes and is worth a shot, he just utterly refused to even attempt. What he did do was write us a guest pass. I finally got my official card on Jan 1st. I would have worked out that day but I had to leave for Detroit by 2pm. I quickly ran out to Bally around noon and was met at the front desk by Joe. Joe ran my card said everything was good I just needed to sign something and everything would be all set I just had to sign a paper. I could not sign the paper because Scott was printing out something at that time. Joe went to talk to Scott and asked if he could do an interrupt function on the print job so I could sign my contract. Scott advised Joe to tell me to wait a moment. I happily waited but began to grow impatient as the minutes passed by. I had walked in at Noon and the time was now 12:30. I had been waiting a long time for a print job. I asked Joe if there was anything he could do. Joe sincerely apologized and went back to the office to ask Scott if I could get my contract printed out. Joe came back and told me Scott had advised me to wait. I had been waiting for 45 minutes at that point. I told Joe that I had a guest membership that had to be redeemed by the 3rd. I told Joe that I was heading out of town and did not want to lose a chance at that guest membership. I also explained that I was beginning to run late as the time was 1pm and I had to at 2pm. and I asked him, since I was here and had on two other occasions prior attempted to redeem my 6 month membership but was refused, if it was acceptable for me to come back on the day I returned and sign the contract that was scheduled to print sometime that day. I was told that would be fine. I returned on December 10th. I walked in and Joe was there and I asked if I could redeem my membership and get my card. Joe explained he would have to get a manager to do my free guest membership because it was above his rank level to authorize it. Joe went and got Scott. Scott came over, dismissed Joe when he attempted to explain the situation, and immediately said, This is expired, I cannot honor it. I explained that I knew it was expired but that I had made several attempts to redeem it but was never able to due to the fact that some condition was not able to be met up to Scotts satisfaction so I was unable to redeem it. Scott began to argue with me when I tried to tell him about the four times I had been in in December and how each time I tried to redeem my card. I then told Scott about the conversation Joe and I had and how that day I was in a hurry and was trying to meet and important deadline. This is when Scott uttered the words that changed to whole course of conversation. I am a busy man and I have a lot of things to do. I cant control your schedule. If you couldnt make it in to redeem that thing (guest membership) that has nothing to do with me. This is when I saw red. I had been in several times. I had attempted to redeem several times. I had been rejected several times. I had never caused a problem. I had paid for my membership. So the question is, why I was being treated like a man who walked in a disrespected his club? Scott showed me no respect from the very beginning. After this experience I came home and called and spoke to a customer service representative. I said that I would like to speak with a supervisor and was told by the agent he could most likely help me. I spoke with him and explained I wanted to file a complaint against Scott, file a testimonial for Joe and get my 6 month guest membership I was supposed to receive with my purchase. I spent over an hour on the phone explaining everything to the agent. The agent said a complaint will be filed, I would be sent a pass for me (Justin Beerup) to work out at the Mt Prospect, IL. I tried to call several days last week but was always told there were no available spots in the call queue and to try back later and was hung up on. January 27th, I was able to reach a supervisor, Angel ID# 1625, and explained my situation. He stated there were no records of a call and no record of a request for a 6 month guest membership. I then asked how I could get one and he explained the offer has expired and I could not redeem it. I am looking for a simple resolution. I want my money back and I think I am initialed to it.

Za