Badoo Trading Customer Service / company refusing refund on payment

1 Russia Review updated:

On June 6th 2018 I was charged 5099 Roubles for 'lifetime subscription' to premium features on the 'Badoo' dating app on my phone. This was a payment I did not wilfully authorise, and it was processed either due to fraudulent activity or through touching the phone by accident while logged into the app. I knew nothing about it until I checked my bank account. It is a payment I simply cannot afford as I am currently off work.

The company insist that they will not honour their 14 day refund policy in this case.

Despite the company normally offering a 14 day free trial of this service anyway, they will still not refund the payment.
I am very upset about this experience.

Ra
Jun 7, 2018

Comments

• Ra
      7th of Jun, 2018

Same thing happened to me yesterday too and they said that the app automatically opens with that option selected and I went ahead and selected to continue and so it's my fault but I didn't agree to really continue it was already selected and they just automatically process the subscription and it told me that it was for 1 99 but I got an email saying that I was $159

• Fr
      13th of Jun, 2018

same thing happened to me. I suggest we all complain to paypal or your credit card provider. If enough people complain then surely they will take action against badoo? It is worth a go surely. I have flagged it as an unauthorized transaction on my paypal account and will see what happens anyway.

• Pa
      18th of Jun, 2018

I was also charged $10.90 this morning. I switched off auto top-up since March this year and money was deducted again. Badoo is using our personal details without authorization.