Babies R Us / Returns

1 Pasadena, MD, United States Review updated:

We tried to return a high chair that we received as a gift before our baby was born. Still unopened, in the original box, we tried to return the high chair because we realized that we wanted a different and what turns out to be a more expensive one. We went to return it and they would not take it back even though it was on our registry but past 90 days. This same exact chair they had in their store and acknowledged that it had been purchased at Babies. We found this to be unacceptable. So we went to Buy Buy Baby and returned/exchanged the seat with no problem and they got our business since we ended up getting a different more expensive high chair. Kudos to Buy Buy Baby and I will NEVER shop at Babies R Us again. I have had issues with them before and they do not deserve my business and I will tell my friends about the same experience because I know that they will not want to be in the same predicament.

An

Comments

Co
  29th of Jan, 2009

I also have had problems returning items at the store. I have spent a small fortune on baby items -some of which were very cheaply made and broke shortly after my son was born. Our stroller wheel cracked off during the first use (Graco stroller). We purchased a baby monitor for $200 and it broke before my son was 1 month old. Babies R Us does not take anything back (electronics) after 45 days other purchases must be returned with a receipt within 90 days. I have tried to return items that were in perfect condition and still in the box and they will not accept them. All electronics must be in the original packaging. I think that their return policies are awful, and you should be informed of this before purchasing items there. Other stores that have strict return policies inform you at the checkout -some you have to sign acknowledging that they have informed you of their policies. I think that is the least that Babies R Us should do for their customers. It is very unfortunate that a store with such a great variety of baby items treats their customers so poorly. If anyone knows how to contact them on-line with complaints I would like to know- I don't see customer service on the website -only for on-line puchases. I am another customer who will be taking my business elsewhere and informing all of my friends and family about this so that they don't make the same mistake!
Courtney L.
Atlanta, GA

Ha
  13th of Feb, 2009

This store wellcomes new parents to be with lists and quantities of items needed for their newborn. They sign up for a registry as well as buy many items on their own. This week my daughter in law went to return items that were bought in too large quanties - 12 newborn onesies, she opened 1 package and the baby out grew them before the other package was used. The new laws tell parents not to use bumperguards for health reasons, she had purchased them as they were on her list from things needed from babies r us, she is now setting up her regular crib as the baby is 3 1/2 months old. She went to return these items and useless gifts she has received, she was going to replace them with other items from the store, they refused to allow this.

They are taking advantage of inexperienced parents and are not following the quidelines set up by the medical field to prevent SIVS in newbornes. I as well as all of the other grandparents and people I know are going to get out the word not to shop there. They are running a scam taking advaantage of inexperienced young people.

I am going to try to get in direct contact with them.

Ja
  19th of Mar, 2009

good luck! their new return policy is horrible. My daughters first birthday was saturday she got two of the same gifts and i tried to return one. they are the only store that sell the bouncin zebra and they refuse to take it back with out a gift reciept wich i dont have. The 1800 number is useless and the workers in the store are the rudest people i have ever met. i spend so much money their i am disgusted with them. i refuse to go their and i will never recomend even a worst enemy to go their. i would rather spend my money at walmart. I have been trying to find a E-mail i can send a complaint to but its impossible!

Ke
  20th of Jul, 2009

Good Luck with trying to get ahold of them...I was on the phone with customer service on 2 seperate matters today and both times was told that they have up to 7 days to return a phone call...excellent customer service, wouldn't you agree???? I don't understand how a company is allowed to get away with this...perhaps we should all contact the Better Business Bureau.

Ol
  11th of Aug, 2009

I had a similar experience at Babies R Us in Anderson SC. I bought dipers for a baby shower gift, and 5 minutes after I payed for the gift, I realized that I have purchased the wrong size. I went back and the salesperson told me that I can just go back and get the right size without doing a return. I ended up not giving the gift, so a week later I came back to the store with a reciept and wanted to return the items. The salesperson and the manager refused to give me my money back because the box of dipers I had on my reciept was different than that which I wanted to return, even though it was the same brand, unopened, the only difference being the size. So I lost money because their employee was top lazy to do a return! I am never going back to that store again and will not recommend it to anyone ever!
Olga F.
Salem, SC

Ik
  11th of Nov, 2011

I went to the BABIESRUS store at Rowland Heitghts today to returen 8 items from my 5 different online orders.

When I arrive the store at 10:20 am, there is no one at the customers service, I waited for about 10 mins, still no one, and there are four staffs chatting at the checkout and no customers were there. I asked one of them to help me with the returns.

A shop assistant named SONIA came to help me with returen, she scaned all recipets I broght, then told me she can not find anything in the system, therefore I can not return them.

I showed her all the item I have and asked her to check again with the barcode, she found 3 items in the system and return them.

The rest of them she sais there were no way to return.

In the whole process, she had a extremely cold face and very impatience attitude, this is the most horriable shopping experience I ever had. She is so cold and insolent, I am 8 months pregnent and stood there for an hour, she never lift her eyes to look me in the face. Then she just walked away.

I called 888-222-9787 to ask help and asked another shop assitant to help me.

I can't drive and I don't know how to drop them off at UPS to send them back, therefore I followed the instruction of "Hassle-Free Returns" as online purchases can be returned to stores. It turned out that online orders can NOT be returned to stores, I am so frustrated and confused.