AxisBank / axisbank remittance
This is regarding an idiotic experience I had with Axisbank remittance. This is the first time I did not try to use Wire Transfer and regret my decision.
I live in the USA and, on 14th of July, 2009, I sent $5000 to a friend using Axisbank remittance, where the purpose of the transaction was
mentioned as "home maintenance".
Then on the next day, someone called me to ask who I was sending the money and how I knew her. I verified with him, telling that I have known this person for long and I may marry her next year.
After that, one week passes, and the exchange rate falls from $1 = 49.6 (approx, unless I am wrong) to Rs 48.3 (approx, on 22nd July, today) or maybe even more, and I never again hear from anyone, nor does the money gets transferred.
Today (22nd July, 2009), once again another guy called me to say that, since I wrote "home maintenance" in the box, but then I mentioned on phone a different purpose ("she is someone I know for long and I may marry her next year"), they had to verify and wait for further clearance.
They need verification and clearance for US$5000? Is it a joke? Or everyone at the Axisbank remittance lost their mind? What is happening? Am I being the butt of a joke?
They probably just wait for the $ value to fall, so that they can whore off my money, make a profit of about Rs 10, 000, and screw me in the process!
I regret having opened an account with them.
Now I came to know that it will take 3 more days for the money to be really remitted. Today is 22nd July, which means it will take 2 weeks for the money to be transferred (14th July - 27th July, at the earliest)! It would have taken less time if I had tied the money to a pigeon's legs and sent it off!
More AxisBank Complaints & Reviews
- Axis Bank Iconnect - I can't login to iconnect 
- Axis Bank Power Home Loan - worst service 
- Axis Bank - bank's customer care service is worst! 
- Axis Bank / Personal Loan - unbearable bank 
- Axis Bank - clearance of cheque 
- Axis Bank Atm - didn't get money from axis bank atm 
- Axis Bank - amount deducted 
- Axis Bank - tax saver fixed deposit
- Axis Bank - failed atm transaction but amount deducted from account
- Axis Bank - online transactions