Axis Bank / Personal Loan / unbearable bank

India Review updated:
4.3

I had a terrible experience with Axis Bank Personal loans. They said they will give the loan in 4 days and they took more than 20 days only to tell me that they want a guarantor for the loan (Rs 3 lakhs) to get sanctioned!! It was simply horrible. They inquired my parents and two of my friends atleast 4 times and they were asking the same questions all the time. It was simply unbearable. In the end I could not get a guarantor and they did not show any interest after that. Please please never approach them for personal loans. They trouble you like anything by making a number of phone calls to you and to your parents and other contacts and they ask for hell lot of documents. They are simply unbearable.
Lu

Comments

9th of Apr, 2008
Axis bank representative from T-Nagar Branch, Chennai. Promised me the same.. They said the loan will be approved and processed within a week.. Its more than 30 days, nothing was processed. They said they need a guarantor after 20 days. They ask for all the documents from the guarantor and after 10 days they are telling me that verification process for the guarantor failed. This is the height of stupidity. They verification department fixed an appoinment and ask guarantor to take off on that day from ofifce to verify.. But no one turned up and now they are asking for next guarantor. Please dont go for loans with Axis. They just waste your time, money and energy...
Ba
  3rd of Jun, 2008
Atleast that guy was fortune for the process to be completed in 20 days.. for me its 2 months and more now... yet to finalize the formalities
Ak
  11th of Jun, 2008
DEAR SIR
IAM RESIDING AT BERHAMPUR-ORISSA, WHY THERE IS NO FACILITY IN OUR AXIS BANK OF PERSONAL LOAN.MY ACCOUNT NUMBER IS 212010200004817.
Ku
  6th of Jul, 2008
my name is Kumar i took personel loan form axis bank few days ago, they r good, i agree that they trouble u by calling several times and they will also call ur relitives(they collect lot of documents also )but finally they will approve the loan amount which is good... after aproving the loan they will not give u any related documents like ur account number for the presonal loan, ph number, user name or password word to check the status of ur payment or any thing, if they could improve on that it wil be really good. yes thy have to verify lot of info form the person who is taking loan bcoz they r lending money
  9th of Jul, 2008
as i have informed to axis bank about froudent with my account through iconnect on dt 24.06.08
the froudent was done by one of the account holder of axis bank as per axis bank staff verson.
after so many mails to axis bank H.O ibrm there is no any response by the bank people
in other word's bank people are not giving the account no and name of that fellow who has done the froudent with my account so that i can go for other option for my recovery. while i have made written
complain to the resp branch with in 1/2 hrs as i recived sms for withdrawal through iconnect.
kindly lodge this complain
Ma
  29th of Sep, 2008
I am Saliried Person and i needed a loan (personal lona for 1.50 Lacks)
Vi
  6th of Nov, 2008
I WANT 2 KNOW MY ACC. BLANCE
  10th of Mar, 2009
Axis bank is the worst bank i have come accross they just want to convice you to take the loan and there after they don't help you..they cheat. i have been cheated by an employee of axis bank who claimed to waive my 6000 out of the intial fees.it is a terrible bank. please never deal with this bank.
Ma
  18th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Dear friend, I Agree with your comments - Also applied for the same at Axis Bankfor 3 Lacs, All verication been done - I have provided all the docs. Even my passport / visa copies aswell. Already more than 1 month and now asking for guarantor. I really fedup with Axis Banks bullsit formalities.

I am going to file case againest bank.

Guys, Kindly dont approach Axis Bank for Loan.
Md
  4th of Mar, 2010
Axis bank personal loan department is cheating customers like any thing. They will give loan DD on 03rd & they will start 1st EMI 20 th of the same month. I asked them very clearly about this, they told that u need to think 17 days as 1 month. What my suggestion is Axis bank Koramangala, bangalore people are chaeters. Please don't take loan from axis bank. They will hide many terms & conditions.
Ns
  3rd of Oct, 2011
my name is NS Dhami i took personnel loan form axis bank in Jul 2009, it takes time but finally they approved loan. I would like to submit that after approving the loan they will not give any related documents like account number for the personal loan, ph number, user name or password word to check the status of ur payment or any thing. And after repeated reminder for statement of personnel loan (also intimate e-mail ID to send soft copy) they are not sending / replying. And I would also like to submit a complaint that they are deducting Rs 552/- per month for cheque bouncing. Sir, I had only given 10 to 15 blank cheques before approval of loan then how could they are producing a cheque for payment since 2 ½ years. I could n’t understand. Instead of this I agree that if I am unable to pay on due date i.e 01 of current month, then they are authorized for charges against me, but if I am depositing EMI on 01 of month on my loan account then why they are charging on me on account of cheque bouncing. On querying on telephonically they replied that it is a process /bank policy and we can’t stop it (the same was not intimated me before approval of loan). This is an unauthorized and illegal burden on me. Sir, may I request to look into the matter and kindly intimate / suggest me for further necessary action. (my email-ID is ns49522@gmail.com)

regards
  8th of Oct, 2011
I have read all the above comments before taking loan from axis bank(bangalore) and wondered how a bank will do these stuffs.and availed loan...gone through all the above said humiliations...and at last to the height, they credited the loan on 1st of oct and debited the EMI (with one month interest) on 5th of Oct.30 days interest within the first 4 days.the guy who coordinated with me repeatedly said that the first EMI will be on nov since the mny itself credited only on oct. but those guys used the blank cheque which I have given for security purpose an debited the money just like that.wen i called that guy he said "I taught it will be on nov.only one EMI know sir u adjust"...this is nothing lesser than a robbery...and dont go with axis bank.they are real burglars..and that agent Prakash(9845176702)..now Im planning to cancel my ECS if not these burglars will debit all my salary amount right after the moment it is credited...
Kg
  20th of Feb, 2012
Dear sir,
I took a personal loan on 23.11.2011 loan account No.PPR 008200392450 STILL i HAVE TO GET WELCOME KIT ETC, I WANT TO PREPAY THE LOAN BY ECS THAT ALSO NOT HAPPENING IN ABSENCE OF USER ID PASSWORD. ETC., THANKS K GUHANANDAM
Sr
  5th of Mar, 2012
I agree . now i am going through all these.. I apply for a personal loan on 19/2/2012 they promised me that it wil get credited in 4 working days and the loan got approved on 26 th and sighed agreement on 27 th today is 05-03-2012 stil iam fighting with then to get money in my account ..i made almost 20 called in last 5 days.. from last wednesday when ever i call iam getting a standed answer from al the pople saying we have system issue and there is no power. i am fedup with axis bank srvice. and i called up al the customer care service no one is taking my complaint they are giving different num to call non of them wr working. atlast tryied calling corporate office Mumbai.. no one is picking up the call there ... corporate office is working in this way so what we can expect from a branch... please never ever deal with Axis bank...
Du
  10th of Apr, 2012
Hi, really it is very bad - I applied for a personal loan and even got the approval for 4.5 lakh on 18th March 2012 till now we didn't received the DD continously we are calling the agent even he is not picking the call - Very bad bank the only one reason why we approached this bank is due to Pre-closure option, If not HDFC Bank is 100 times better than Axis bank in terms of service or even loans - we took earlier from HDFC Bank - It took only 3 working days to get credit into our Account
La
  25th of Jan, 2013
My personal loan application ID is 1101140. I received the loan sanctioned message for Rs 1lakh on 21/01/2013 at around 8 AM. On the same day at around 4 to 4:30 PM I submitted my 3 checks and signed the documents as instructed by the Axis Bank Agent. At that time, the agent informed me that the loan amount will be credited in my axis bank savings account(salary account) within 2 days. I am in need of the amount immediately, it's already been 3 days.
Sh
  4th of May, 2013
I, Shyam Sunder Verma, applied for loan of rs. 8 lakh the sanction loan of rs. 4.5 lakh and commite me balance given in few days. But they dont give me balance laon and now i want to repay the loan i am unable to pay in axis bank branch. Please dont take any loan from AXIS BANK because they are cheater and cheat U do not pay your part payment in AXIS BANK BRANCH or any other mode.
As
  2nd of Jul, 2013
Yes, I have experience with other Banks as well. But they are quite fair when compared with Axis bank. Axis Bank credited loan amount in my Account on 26-Jun & started deducting EMI from 5-July while other Banks will start deducting EMI from 5-Aug.
They charge u full month interest irrespective of the date of disbursal..
I have my salary Account with Axis, also I have their Credit Card but I am Planning to pay off my Axis Bank Loan by using part payment facility & will also close the Credit Card & salary account & will never go back to Axis Bank in future..
Ar
  29th of Jul, 2013
Axis bank is a big Cheater bank, I have badly experianced while re-paying my personal loan... After paying all my instalments for 60 months, they sent a letter asking some late charges... but while taking my loan cheque I opt for ECS to my other account... all the instalments have cleared through ECS... in the initial time of loan taken... Axis bank delayed sending my application to funds clearing bank and get the pin.. in course they come to my address and collect the cheque in first month and rest all months paid through ECS... Now after clearing all my instalments... Axis bank raised this issue of late payment after 5 years... Now untill I pay these late charges... Axis bank will not issue the Loan clearence certificate or NOC which affect my credit ratings.
This is one of the major cheating bank... People please avoid using this bank for any of your requirements...
Su
  4th of Oct, 2013
This is really a bad bank in all sense. They do not have a proper internet bankaing facility. You have to visit the brach all the times for simple simple issues. I was using one touch device of them and it worked well for quite some time. When i had issues with that i called customer care and they asked me to approch the bank. When i approached them, they do not have any idea about this and this has not solved yet. Unfortunately my company is providing salaray account only in this bank and i do not have any other alternative. I am waiting for a forum to raise this issue with our HR and will request them to chagne the salary account to any other bank fo almost 1500 employees

When salary credit to my account, the next moment i withdraw all the money and deposit in my other savings bank account where i can meet all my requirements online.

Axis Bank Logo Axis Bank