AVG / will not uninstall no support

4013 Hwy 620 NAustin, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 512-266-2822
I installed the free version of avg anti virus. Have not been able to uninstall it since. Avg does not help in any way. No support unless you buy their software. Who in their right mind would buy from people who are creating problems?
I took it to geek squad to have removed. They failed to do it, but did manage to sell me another anti virus that can not install until the avg is removed.

Beware of avg!!!
Je

Comments

St
  28th of Oct, 2008
My computer had AVG on it when I bought it from a
computer store. I have tried to uninstall it but AVG won't allow the uninstall. This is total crap, AVG is a
Virus in itself. There is no support if you have the free version. The AVG is on my shop computer and I don't have time to deal with this, they should be fined and pay the cost in getting my computer corrected
Ta
  31st of Oct, 2008
I purchased AVG SB and in the process of installing exchange part it took my information store down and I was unable to start the service manually. I filled out support email and do one bothered to contact me back. I could pay for support even though I purchased maintenance contract with it. Also, several machines stopped connecting to internet. the only way I could fix that was to uninstall AVG. I am very unsatisfied with the product and considering purchasing something that might actually work.
Ja
  22nd of Dec, 2008
You Guys are right on they are the worst I have ever dealt with. The software won't uninstall I can' install Kasperski and avg refuse to support me because I want a refund
Lowlifes and the worst viral mongers I have seen
Sadly I used an earlier version for several years with good results and did not hesitate to purchase their product when it was offered
THEY SUCK
Ma
  21st of Oct, 2009
If you can't find these items in "Add / Remove Programs" then
1) START > Run: type "msconfig" then click the "services" and "startup" tabs and see if you find anything related to these anti-virus softwares. If so then UNcheck them and then click "OK".
To get these software off of your machines permanently then download and install "C Cleaner" (it's free and trusted). Run it but DON'T delete anything yet. Look for items that have to do with AVG or Kasperski, select JUST them, and then let C Cleaner remove them from your registry.
You can also search on the internet for "How to remove AVG" for specific instructions.
He
  4th of Mar, 2010
To tell you the truth, to me it seems pretty normal to NOT get help for a free product. For example I am working for money, ain't you all? Would you start doing your job free of charge? I don't think so. However I am pretty sure that you can get help with AVG free here:

To Tammy Pollard:

If you have a trial version or a paid product, you should contact them directly. Follow this form:

Av
  11th of Aug, 2010
Same complaints and problems with AVG. Had to reset pc back to an earlier checkpoint to even get access.

They have a program specifically to remove AVG in both 32bit and 64bit versions that the chat rep provided in a few seconds. Created Oct 2009. It seemed to work, as least so far.
File name is "avgremover64.exe" for my pc. Even had a complaint form to fill out though it disappered in a few seconds as the mandatory reboot occurred. What a surprise.

This software acts much more like a virus than an antivirus. Anyone have long-term problems after installing it?? I'm thinking at this point the "Free" edition may have Freely downloaded my hard drive but not sure yet. DO NOT BUY OR DOWNLOAD. PIECE OF CRAP!

Hope this helps!
Sp
  12th of Feb, 2012
two AVG security for the one computer need to refund payment on one invoice 1202444065 or 1202445429
Da
  12th of Feb, 2012
my classmate's step-sister makes $71 every hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for 7 months but last month her paycheck was $8184 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site ... http://lazycash9.com

AVG Technologies Logo AVG Technologies