AVG / will not uninstall no support

1 4013 Hwy 620 N, Austin, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 512-266-2822

I installed the free version of avg anti virus. Have not been able to uninstall it since. Avg does not help in any way. No support unless you buy their software. Who in their right mind would buy from people who are creating problems?
I took it to geek squad to have removed. They failed to do it, but did manage to sell me another anti virus that can not install until the avg is removed.

Beware of avg!!!

• catherine conroy's Response, Apr 25, 2017

On April 25, 2017 I was charged $64.99 for renewal of internet security. I did not order this, I do not want it as I cancelled AVG over a year ago. The invoice number is 7031721174. Please issue a credit to my paypal account.

• catherine conroy's Response, Apr 27, 2017

The transaction number is 9r919654ll146881v. The company is AVG eCommerce Limited. Charge was made on April 25th through Paypal with whom I have canceled my account as of today. Issue me a refund. for internet service protection that I did not order. The in voice number is 7031721174. I don't know how much more you need and feel that this is a stall. I will contact the Better Business Bureau if this is not resolved
    post Haste.
    Catherine Conroy

• John Dickerson's Response, Oct 31, 2017

Get it right please

• mMchael Roberts's Response, Nov 03, 2018

droy2111 AVG $20 program send a replacement 40 days got it

Je

Comments

• St
      28th of Oct, 2008

My computer had AVG on it when I bought it from a
    computer store. I have tried to uninstall it but AVG won't allow the uninstall. This is total crap, AVG is a
    Virus in itself. There is no support if you have the free version. The AVG is on my shop computer and I don't have time to deal with this, they should be fined and pay the cost in getting my computer corrected

• Ta
      31st of Oct, 2008

I purchased AVG SB and in the process of installing exchange part it took my information store down and I was unable to start the service manually. I filled out support email and do one bothered to contact me back. I could pay for support even though I purchased maintenance contract with it. Also, several machines stopped connecting to internet. the only way I could fix that was to uninstall AVG. I am very unsatisfied with the product and considering purchasing something that might actually work.

22nd of Dec, 2008

You Guys are right on they are the worst I have ever dealt with. The software won't uninstall I can' install Kasperski and avg refuse to support me because I want a refund
    Lowlifes and the worst viral mongers I have seen
    Sadly I used an earlier version for several years with good results and did not hesitate to purchase their product when it was offered
    THEY SUCK

21st of Oct, 2009

If you can't find these items in "Add / Remove Programs" then
    1) START > Run: type "msconfig" then click the "services" and "startup" tabs and see if you find anything related to these anti-virus softwares. If so then UNcheck them and then click "OK".
    To get these software off of your machines permanently then download and install "C Cleaner" (it's free and trusted). Run it but DON'T delete anything yet. Look for items that have to do with AVG or Kasperski, select JUST them, and then let C Cleaner remove them from your registry.
    You can also search on the internet for "How to remove AVG" for specific instructions.

• He
      4th of Mar, 2010

To tell you the truth, to me it seems pretty normal to NOT get help for a free product. For example I am working for money, ain't you all? Would you start doing your job free of charge? I don't think so. However I am pretty sure that you can get help with AVG free here:

To Tammy Pollard:

If you have a trial version or a paid product, you should contact them directly. Follow this form:

• Av
      11th of Aug, 2010

Same complaints and problems with AVG. Had to reset pc back to an earlier checkpoint to even get access.

They have a program specifically to remove AVG in both 32bit and 64bit versions that the chat rep provided in a few seconds. Created Oct 2009. It seemed to work, as least so far.
    File name is "avgremover64.exe" for my pc. Even had a complaint form to fill out though it disappered in a few seconds as the mandatory reboot occurred. What a surprise.

This software acts much more like a virus than an antivirus. Anyone have long-term problems after installing it?? I'm thinking at this point the "Free" edition may have Freely downloaded my hard drive but not sure yet. DO NOT BUY OR DOWNLOAD. PIECE OF CRAP!

Hope this helps!

• Sp
      12th of Feb, 2012

two AVG security for the one computer need to refund payment on one invoice 1202444065 or 1202445429

• Da
      12th of Feb, 2012

my classmate's step-sister makes $71 every hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for 7 months but last month her paycheck was $8184 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site ... http://lazycash9.com

• Du

AVG Technologies - Unauthorised payments
    Newmarket
    England, East Anglia
    United Kingdom

Last week I cancelled any further transactions with yourselves. You reimbursed £34.99 via my bank account. I have now received another email informing me you have taken £72.99 via my Paypal account. This needs to be reimbursed and the issue regarding any further transactions to be stopped. If this isn't resolved I will need to take legal advice.

• Ds
    AVG Technologies - Unauthorized credit card charges
    United Kingdom

On my recent bank statement I was charged an unauthorized credit card charge of £49.99 and request a refund

• Vi
      20th of Aug, 2018
    AVG Technologies - Unauthorized credit card charges.
    India

I have never asked or ordered Secure VPN but a INR 2831 AVG as per details as under
    Order Date: 10/3/2018 Order Number: 12703503572  Merchant of Record: Digital River Ireland Ltd. Unit 153,  Shannon Free Zone West Shannon,  Co. Clare,  IRELAND .

So please, reverse payment to my Credit card.

• St
    AVG Technologies - Licence Fee Paid Twice (01/03/18 & 06/03/18 £59.76 x 2

I have paid your membership fee twice and would like a refund of £59.76
    Payment to my credit card details as follows:-
    Name D. A . Wallis
    No. 4547 4201 7426 3584
    02/22

e-mail: [protected]@aol.com

Please arrange refund as soon as possible

28th of Aug, 2018
    AVG Technologies - Unauthorised money taken out of my credit card account
    United Kingdom

23 July 2018 DRI AVG TECHNOLOGIES £34.99 taken out of my Halifax credit card.

AVG account was cancelled several months ago. Please help sort this matter
    and refund my bank accounts.

Margaret Beckingham

1st of Sep, 2018
    AVG Technologies - rip off

so is your 30 free trial really free? u guys just charged my account that is not even linked to my avg account and charged me 69.99. i used a paypal account to create an account yet, u charged my original bank account for the amount of 69.99, . u guys will hear it soon from my lawyer if u guys dont resolve this issue

6th of Sep, 2018
    AVG Technologies - avg tune up
    United Kingdom

I am unable to get into my avg tune up, I am told it has expired, but I have the invoice to say that I paid renewal on October 16th by card, which has been taken from my bank please activate it This has happened to me before, and I am now inclined to cancel all of my a v g products unless I get some satisfaction in respect of this complaint

10th of Sep, 2018
    AVG - antivirus software
    United Kingdom

paid for two years avg anti virus on the 26th or 27th of September. according to my laptop I am not covered.

10th of Sep, 2018
    AVG - my annual membership fee was charged twice.
    I don't know
    avg.com

On September 26, I was charged $5.26 which corresponds to my annual AVG membership fee. Then I was charged $5.26 again on September 28. This has caused me an overdraft fee of $35.00. My email is [protected]@hotmail.com

22nd of Oct, 2018
    AVG - avg billing
    Le Claire
    Iowa

I was charged $19.95 on 5/20 and also o 5/1 .Additional $46.98 on 5/20 What is all this for. What are your monthly? charges and exactly and exactly what for? Bills on Citicard. I don't remember getting any details on your program which I still find valuable but am concerned about the cost

Anna M Wartman
    [protected]@outlook, com

• Ca
      4th of Nov, 2018
    AVG - unauthorized charge on my paypal account
    Niceville
    Florida

I was charged today $64.99 by AVG for renewal AVG internet security which I did not authorize. Invoice number 7031721174, on April 25, 2017. Please issue a credit to my Paypal account. I had AVG over a year ago and cancelled their services at least a year ago. I have never asked for their services to be renewed and do not want it.