AusPC Market / Bad service

United States Review updated:
AusPC Market
These guys are geat - one of the few that actually shos if stuff is in stock or not. I ordered on the weekend and they shipped my order Monday morning - got an email confirming order, and another for shipping with the courier details. I got the parcel later that day since I live in the same city.

Their site lets me check the status of the order, and I could add to the order after placing it to get a free screwdriver.

D  15th of Apr, 2011 by
Thats not my experience.

I ordered over $500 worth of kit. They got back to me to say that several items were not in stock (even though the website said they were in stock). We substituted other items for the out of stock ones.

One of the items - a $106 seagate 500Gb hard drive - was DOA.

After a lot of discussion with AusPC and several hours running tests which all failed, they granted me an RA number. However, if you read the conditions of the RA system, you are opening yourself to all kinds of charges if you use it. I chose to throw the drive in the bin rather than spending money on registered post with a chance that AusPC will then charge you additional fees and return the faulty unit to you anyway.

In short, don't use AusPC because their returns policy sucks.

AusPCMarket Australia Logo AusPCMarket Australia