Aurora Loan Services / Worst service ever

I have been trying to have my home loan modified or at least considered for modification for past 6-8 months by Aurora loan services. I provided all the documents in August of 2009. They are still asking to have 2 more weeks to just give me an update on the status of my loan modification request. It seems that delay is their way of providing service to their customers.

I just called them and asked for the name of Aurora Loan Services president. The response was that I needed to submit my written request via fax to a number they gave me! It appears very strange that even the name of president is kept secrete.

Please avoid Aurora Loan Services if you can.

Vi

Comments

19th of Mar, 2010

I am in same situation, my loan modification start in 1st week September 2009. after every 2 months asking same documents again and again. They are hard working not to approve permanent load modification. It is already 6 moths trial period payment is done, still no answer yet.

• Ho
      30th of Apr, 2010

You better start paying as much as you can now. They wont approve the modification. You will be in worse debt than when you started. They will demand the money paid in full plus past late charges plus mysterious fees. They also won't pay your escrow so expect that to add to your monthly payment too. They gave us false hope for a year now we have 30 days to pay or get out!

• Ho
      30th of Apr, 2010

I also filed a complaint with the FTC https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ maybe if enough people complain they will be held accountable for their awful business practices.