AT&T U - Verse / service

Bentonville, AR, United States Review updated:

Three weeks ago, I called At&T U-verse to move my service from my apartment to my new house. An installation date of June 30th was set up and I was told they would be here between 1-3 in the afternoon. By five in the afternoon they had not shown up and I called the customer service number. Two hours later, I was still on hold. I was finally told that there was anb internal error on their end that had cause a problem with my order and that I would receive a call the next morning with an update. The next morning, no call, so I called them back that afternoon. After another hour and a half on the phone, they still had not made any headway other than to "escalate" my order. I was told, again, that they woujld call me the next day with an update. Nothing. I gave it a rest over the Fourth of July weekend and called them again on Tuesday and spent another two hours on the phone to be told that they are working on it and someone would call me the next day. Wednesday? You got it... no call. I have spent a total of 7 and a half hours on the phone just trying to move my existing service to my new home. I am at my wits end. Any suggestions?

Ne

Comments

• Gr
      Feb 12, 2009

From the very beginning, from getting hooked up, not honoring their contract, having service break down every 2 weeks, it has been a nightmare. When I called last week because our service was not working right again they told me they would put a $35.00 credit on my bill, [for the service call!] Our service has been a mess from the very beginning

• Un
      Apr 17, 2009

I agree, AT&T U-verse should not even try to compete with comcast or any onther TV services. Their servces sucks, they do not even know how to repair or troubleshoot their own hardware. They have left a 72 year old lady without a phone line after switching over to AT&T Uverse. She can not make or recieve any calls. If her house was to catch on FIRE AT&T would be a fault since they are not willing to fix their equipment. They should be hung and should not even try to compete with Comcast or satelite TV. They Suck...

• At
      Dec 27, 2010

We had U-Verse installed a year ago. Had problems right from the start with phone, internet and TV. They have been to our home nine times and we have had to call them at least 20. The system randomly kicks computers off the system. Customer Service says it is the Gateway (has been changed 5 times). On site techs say it's the main box down the street. Last time we called service we were on the phone 5 and 1/2 hours, they managed to knock every wireless device off the system before they would put an actual tech on the phone. Have been calling and asking to talk to a supervisor for TWO months, they say they have to take a report and someone will get back to me. NO ONE EVER HAS. They only thing we have gotten from AT&T is a 60% increase in our bill. They are the worst.

• Bu
      Jul 31, 2011

I have read all the complaints on U-verse and the sadest thing is, I mirror all of the same things except them digging up my yard. It is such a dammmmmmm shame that you can not get decent, reliable, and HONEST service almost anywhere these days, and I do mean anywhere hell even the banks are stealing from us and they are getting away with this bull... U-verse is so bad they were supposed to be drafting a 129.00 a month from my debit account and instead for two months straight they drafted 330.00. F.Y.I do not let people access your account, because they will have a "field-day" on your sh**, and lastly I just want to say whatever happened to "you can get more flies with honey than with butter milk".apparently these companies does not know what the HELL that mean.

******************* Mrs.ButterPB in Louisiana*****************