AT&T DSL / worst service ever

I got many connection problem with AT&t DSL for the past 3 years, the internet connection sometimes suddenly off or just way to slow. After many times called their technical support, finally I gave up and decided to switch to another company. Their customer service very horrible and only following the script.

April 28 '08, called the AT&T billing department to disconnect my home phone line and internet line at June 1st.

May 7 '08, my internet connection off again, called tech support and being bounced back and forth for 3 hours, they found out AT&T discontinue my internet service and I have to call back the next day (and they hung up on me!).

May 8 '08 after being bounced back and forth again between their department for 2 hours, I finally got a rude male customer service promised me they will send a "ticket" to have my internet connection back. I need to wait 4 days.

May 23 '08 I still have no internet connection, and after 1 hour explaining and trying to be patient, the customer service told me no one put any ticket to get my internet back (doesn't even matter I have email and confirmation letter!). She can post a new ticket, but it will be active after May 29 '08, which I will move out at June 1st.

AT&T have the worse service for the past 3 years, my job and daily life simply depending to the internet and they can't even satisfy us from this point.

Their customer service can't provide smart answer if you ask the out of the script question, you will get bounce here and there and still get nothing!

If I have a good lawyer, I will just sue this company to ruin my business trip, wasted my time to run to other place just for internet, wasted my voice and phone bill! AT&T also sent me a new bill for internet service which I don't get!

Va

Comments

29th of May, 2008

Totally agree! I've been having a very unstable and slow internet service for several weeks. I have called AT&T 3 times and it didn't help. They kept telling me everything was fine on their system. So did that mean I was lying? They are just bad at everything, both DSL service AND their phone service. Now I am definitely switching my internet service to another company.

19th of Jun, 2008

The worst customer service I can imagine.

My DSL drops almost daily. When I call and have to repeat myself over and over through the unbeleivably terrible automated routing I end up speaking to someone with such a strong accent that I'm now disgusted. After reading from a scripts they tell me to reset my modem and everything will be fine. They can't tell me why they're dropping my line. Incompetent!

I can't imagine worse service. I can't leave because it's the only dsl in my area. Disgusting.

• Bu
      13th of Aug, 2008

Someone needs to sue AT&T for false advertisement! They promise 6megs + with the elite dsl package, but I've only been getting 4 megs. I've made over 8 phone calls in 3 weeks, each 2 hours or longer, and I still have a slow connection. ### AT&T!

• Su
      30th of Aug, 2008

My DSL drops constantly. I rely on my computer for many things and it is beyond frustrating when your signal is out when you need it most. It can be out for several minutes, hours, or even days. Then when you call AT&T they wnat you to restart your computrr, press the reset button, type this in, type that in. It is ###! AT&T sucks!!! If you can avoid AT&T for service then avoid them. TERRIBLE. Worst service for DSL and idiots in their customer service dept. I'm calling another company ASAP.
    By the way when I asked them if I could pay only a portion of my bill each month because the DSL works for only a portion of the month they laughed. ### AT&T YOU SUCK AND ARE A BIG RIPOFF!

• Je
      22nd of Sep, 2008

AT&T makes my blood boil. I've been hung up on several times. I hate them. The reduce me to toddler-hood. I have never had a pleasant or neutral experience. I HATE THEM. I hate them with an irrational passion that I can not even articulate.

• Je
      22nd of Nov, 2008

This is the sad truth. I worked for Verizon in NY before i moved out to Chicago. Trying to help people out here fix there DSL i have found one fix that has worked. The same fix i used in NY. change over to Cable high speed. Think about this. DSL is "high speed internet" thats supposed to work all the time over your phone line? The same phone line that has not been updated in some places in 50 years? DSL companies don't care, they don't put in repeaters in when they should be, they don't ever test the service before saying it's available in a given area. they just install a few dslam's in the office and say it works for everyone. Everything about it from the equipment it runs over to the people that are supposed to help you when it does not work all sucks. Remember it's not the customer support people they do sometimes want to help just they have no means of helping and it burns them real quick. Tech's know it's garbage i am a telecommunication/ Information Technology specialist working for a fortune 500 company with 10 years experience in the field. DSL is a waste of time. If your not getting a T-1 or better don't bother calling the phone company for internet.

• Ge
      30th of Nov, 2008

EXCELLENT COMPLAINT ! - SIMILAR TO MY EXPERIENCES.

WORLD'S WORST SERVICE - SUCCINCT SUMMARY

Nearly impossible to reach a non-automated human without wasting hours. No practical way to present highly focused very specific E-Mails to anyone at AT&T. The AT&T left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. HORRIBLE frustrating procrustean voice menus (with numbers such as 877-722-3755). Worst of all: "Your call is very important to us" surrealism.

GERY

Global Justice Search www.gjs.net

Madison WI + Freiburg, Germany

• Al
      10th of Dec, 2009

ok, i think we have all complained at some point about this service and others from att, "the monster", and still see that no body intelligent enough to see what is happening, yes, the are providing the service, but doing very little to solve the problems, instead, they just having you going around and around, a keep you on the bill, as they did when you asked there sales department if they had the service available in your area, and they said yesssss, just to make the sales, well? is it anybody out there to take this case to a higher level? a law sue? against a GIANT? cause there are many of us still paying for a service not been provided to us, please..., enough is enough.

Alex JG

• Ga
      23rd of Sep, 2010

Worst company service ever!! Horrible automated menus that go on and on, sales reps that hang up on you, retention department that makes weak excuses. Tried all week to get my service connected after I moved and have now given up. I canceled AT&T service today, and I am switching to cable internet today. Same price and faster speed. Avoid AT&T DSL. I hope they go out of business with the kind of service they provided to me. I had been a customer for over 4 years but no longer. I hope someone reads these AT&T DSL reviews.

• Fa
      18th of Jul, 2011

AT&T indeed has the worst customer service ever!!! I had so much problems with their service and they never respond to any of my concerns after wasting hours on the phone with them! My DSL connection droped suddenly and for 3 weeks they didn't fix it even though I was promised it gets fixed in 2 days . Last time I called they said the same things after 2 hours being on the phone. I decided to pay more and save my life from heart attack ! BT FAR THE WORST SERVICE!!!

• Si
      17th of Oct, 2011

I was an original AT&T customer (I've actually been with them for decades) back in May of 2011 when I had their landline and DSL service. I decided to discontinue the landline service because I already had a cellphone and I got tired of telemarketers and crank callers calling my phone (plus I wanted to save money). They said they would discontinue my landline and send me a new modem/router for just the DSL service. I already had a working modem/router that worked with the previous AT&T service for years...But whatever, a new shiny device for $99. They never sent the new modem after 2 weeks and told me they couldn't connect my DSL service back on...what!!?? It was working before! I subsequently cancelled my AT&T service and went internetless in my home up to today. Months later, they sent me a letter stating they would provide Uverse service with just the internet, so I signed up and even had them check my credit to come back to them as an AT&T customer. After a couple of days, they sent me an email stating they couldn't re-accept me because it hasn't been 5 months since I cancelled my service and that it was their policy if I was to take advantage of their special deal of $19 per month. So, I'm pissed again that they had wasted my time being placed on hold for hours on my cellphone in some parking spot in the city waiting for these ###s to give me my service back. Finally, a month goes by, they sent me another letter stating they wanted me back. I signed up, let them do a credit check on me, and lo and behold, a new shiny modem/tower!!! But wait, they said they would have my service activated on 10/14/2011 from anywhere from 8am to 8pm. Surprise! surprise! nada! no service. So, the following day, I spent hours with a technician who made me do all kinds of troubleshooting crap on my laptop and the modem and I still didn't have DSL. So, the AT&T technician I was talking with says he'll send a dude over 10/17/2011 and on that day, this guy DOES NOTHING but whines that the complex I live in is hard for them to come into blah blah and do installs. This guy then makes promises to me that never materializes. AT&T sucks!!! Now, I have to return my modem back. Can't wait for the Droid Nexus to arrive, I'm going to use it's mobile hotspot to connect to the internet 4G route. I want to sue these clowns for false advertisement and for the aggravation of trying to return as an AT&T customer.