AT&T Communication

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 by

bad customer service over >3 months, return purchased modem

Around August 25, 2017: I called AT&T to discontine service because of pending relocation from Palo Alto, CA to Kingsville TX. The AT&T representative instructed me to return my modem to the closest UPS outlet. I returned the modem, but had overlooked that I had actually purchased it three years back. The AT&T representative did not remind me of this.
September - December 2017: repeated telephone calls to AT & T customer service to request that my modem be returned to me before my WiFi service could be reestablished. Over that time, the AT & T customer service representatives have: (a) repeatedly left me waiting > 30 minutes; (b) transferred me to clueless associates overseas; (c) promised to get back to me within a week but never did so; (d) hung up on me; (e) told me basically "too bad"; (f) transferred me to dead telephone numbers and (g) refused to provide case numbers. Those interactions have cost me approximately 12 hours of my personal time.
November 15, 2017: over a 31 minute conversation (excluding the wait time to speak with anyone) employee #PL130Y informed me that it would take two weeks to find my modem, and that I would be contacted at that over both e-mail and on paper. As of December 10, that has not occurred.

I WILL NOT call AT&T to waste any further time. I insist that AT & T:
(a) contact me by telephone (new phone number: [protected])
and
(b) either return my property to me in good working order or replace it with an item of equal or greater value.

Sincerely

Dr. F. Heirtzler, former  AT&T customer # [protected]
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree