Asurion Insurance / scam and cheating

Was told my phone was not in stock would be put on a waiting list may take 3, 4, 5 months they had no idea would no give me any other phone. Paying 87.00 a month with no phone this insurance is a wast and a scam. Tmoble told me they could do nothing and this is happening a lot with his insurance but this is the only cell phone insurance company out there. do not buy this insurance it is not worth it i am paying for a phone and insurance for the phone and don't have a phone this is crazy.

Va

Comments

• Br
      7th of Oct, 2008

ASURON or however you spell it (not gonna even waste time looking) is a 100% TOTAL SCAM. DO NOT BUY IT. WORTHLESS. TOTALLY WORTHLESS. CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THEY ARE ALLOWED TO DO BUSINESS! bye! oH, IT IS Asurion AND IT MEANS TOTAL SCAM AND WASTE!!

30th of Oct, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I filed the claim and was told the phone is in stock. A few days later they told me I should get the phone the same day and I did not. I called the next day and was told the phone is out of stock. This is horrible, they lied to me and assured me many times the phone had shipped!

• Pe
      5th of Jul, 2009

purcahse this insurance.

Peggy Matangos, New Cumberland, PA

• Pe
      5th of Jul, 2009

Long story Short, I had to replace my phone 3 weeks ago, received the phone the next day after filing a claim, great, no problems. 3 weeks later, the spring in the tension when you open your phone, broke. Asurion refused to send me a new phone. They told me I had to file another claim and pay the $50.00 deductible. I spoke to a supervisor, he was rude and inconsiderate, told me that I abused my phone, which I didn't. I told him I was going to cancel their worthless insurance and I did. I then called Verizon and they told me to come to the store and they would give me a new phone, and it was new, not refurbished. The service tech told me that my replacement phone that I got from Asurion had a manufacturers defect. Thank God Verizon stands behind their products. Asurion Insuance is a waste of money. Don't buy it. Disregard my other posting, I guess I ran out of space and that was all it posted!!!

• Wa
      21st of Jul, 2009

I filed a claim on a cell phone replacement and it was cancelled because it did not match the exact dates and times they asked for. How they want me to keep track of these dates I am not sure. But that is not the issue, it is a $130 deductible on a phone that I could replace with BRAND NEW identical one on eBay for $250. So I would be paying half the cost of a new phone and getting a refurbished one, I don't think so! This is a total rip-off and a big scam. I cancelled insurance right away and I am going to proceed on trying to fix it myslef. If not succesful I can always find a good new phone for $130 on the internet. Man do I feel like a sucker!!!

• Ol
      27th of Jan, 2010

They sent me a Motorola phone that had been RETURNED 11 TIMES PRIOR TO ME!!! I called them and said the phone had been malfunctioning after I filed a claim online and two days later they did nothing. The phone had been cutting off for a month for no reason. An hour after I filed the report I took the battery out to reset the phone and the clip that held the back on went flying throug the air! The lady I spoke to on the phone said I had to pay the $50 again because I broke it. I said it had been malunctioning for a month and it broke because it was already refurbishied and not because I did anything to it. ASURION REFUSED TO REPLACE IT AND I LAID INTO THAT THEIF ON THE PHONE TOO!

I then went to VERIZON and made them call and say send me a new phone! The lady at Verizon said they were to inspect if first. They looked and the indicator had shown WATER DAMAGE. I said it has never been near water. She said it is ok. I RAN THE SERIAL NUMBER AND THEY HAVE SENT THAT PHONE OUT 12 TIMES ALREADY!!! So I find out they sent me an already water damaged phone and they have sent it out to 11 other people. ASURION ordered me to pay $50 on top of the $7 a month to replace a phone that had been replaced 11 other times...

12 times my(hehe) This phone serial #DEC 268435456306272700 MODEL VX 8700

If they send it out 12 times and they get just 50% to return it and pay $50 that is $600
    then you say they only had insurance 1 year *12 peeps * $84 year - $1008

That is a total of $1608 of of one phone! That is only if 50% and 1 yr...I LOW BALLED IT!

THEY ARE CROCKS AND THIS IS AS BAD AS THAT OCEAN FRONT PROPERTY IN ARIZONA I BOUGHT!

• Hi
      26th of Mar, 2010

I have had Sprint with my Palm Pre for about a year now I have signed up fo the insurance and the lost on stolen phone plan and the damaged plan costing me about 15 per month. I got the phone for free with my contract renew. Great phone so far, now we just had our office broken into and some ### thought it would be a great idea to take my phone. Anyway. called up sprint who then connected me to the Asuran, and told me that the replacement on my phone is going to cost me 100.00 for the deductable. When I told her that the price was ridiculus she told me, maybe I should have been more careful. She then starts demanding my credit card numbers and told me that I might be recieving a refurbised phone. I told her to [censored] herself, called sprint back and told them I was going to cancel my account they then offered 100 credit to stay so I agreed and called Asuran back to try to order my Palm, this time getting I polite but very slow rep. I just hope that the phone works when I get it. I also am cancelling my insurance ASAP, whats the point of paying for somthing that cost you more to use. 15 a month for a whole year is 180 now add the 100 deductable, that is 280.00 for my claim I could have gotten a brand new phone. For less. thank goodness the sprint retention department gave me that credit. F U Asuron

• Fr
      9th of Apr, 2010

I filled my complaint and they said the phone was loss while the sim card isn't inside the phone. I said what different does it make, she was being rude and stuff. Don't trust this insurance thing, is a total scam. can't believe i spend $72 every year on this stupid thing.

• Re
      11th of May, 2010

yea asurion and most other warranty or insurance policies are a huge scam.

there may be a class action lawsuit brewing... http://www.cellphoneinsurancelawsuit.com

• Pa
      5th of Jun, 2011

I have assurion and I filed a claim I was on and off the phone for 4 hours trying to get my sons envy touch replaced. They have tried everything to discourage me from telling me I had no insurance ( I had to Prove I had Insurance) next they wanted me to fill out an affidavit, then they denied claim because drivers license copy was to dark then ESN number from box that we send in with rebate. Then when I finally got a real supervisor she told me processing was closed until Monday. I still have not got claim filed after 4 hours. They are HORRIBLE I believe it is a total scam. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and sent complaint to consumer affairs.

• Re
      16th of Jun, 2011

They asked few questions based on public information as they said, the information could be 20 to 30 yrs. They said I failed on the question, the claim is denied. That is just funny, and the question is decided to let people fail. so they do not have to pay the claim. why, because these public information is not verified independently. They could have wrong information at first.

There are three questions

1. which county where you owned property, then give me about 5 different county name to choose.
    2. which street name, you lived from 5 different street, I should pick one
    3. Nan Ma, men, then give me 5 different age group to choose. I never know that man.

They said it is from public information, they did not verify, and could be 20-30 yrs old.

Then they asked me to talk to T-mobile, I went to T-mobile story, T-mobile says nothing they can do about. so I call them from T-mobile store. They then said someone will review my claim, and contact me within 24 hrs. Why they ask me to talk to T-mobile at first ?

When T-mobile sold the insurance to me, did not mention over $100 deducible. T-mobile probably is guilty too. I would not buy insurance from them if T-mobile does not sell it.

I can be reached 4259850189, if someone wants take legal action