Asurion

4.5
Asurion
P.O. Box 110656
Nashville, TN 37222

I ordered a replacement cell phone from this company when mine broke, and by the time I received it my old phone had started working again. They charged me a standard $50 deductible fee. When I called up Asurion to ask if I could send back the replacement, which was still in the box, unopened, they said to use the return label in the box and they would be reimburse me. There was no return label. I called them back and they said they would send me a return label. Two weeks later, I received an empty envelope with no return label. I had to call again and they sent me another return label, which a received two weeks later. I sent in the phone and according to the DHL tracking number, it was received and signed for on 5/31. I have still not been reimbursed, and so I called up today, 6/10, and was told that reimbursement is not an automatic process, and that I have to call to initiate it. I was never informed of this when I had called them any of the other times. I was then told that it would take 1-2 weeks to be reimbursed. The package that I returned was never opened, so there should be no reason for it to take this long. I am a college student, so $50 is a lot of money to be out-of-pocket for two months. However, what concerns me most about this situation is the principle. Had I not checked my bank statement, had I not called Asurion, I would have never been reimbursed my money, despite the fact that I had spoken to them about returning the replacement phone to be reimbursed, and that they had in fact received the phone in pristine condition. When I Googled "Asurion Wireless" to find their customer service number, the first two hits are from complaints.com. I think this says a lot about this company, especially since I pay $5 each month for insurance, a $50 deductible, and have to wait to be sent a replacement phone when mine breaks instead of being able to simply get one from the Verizon store. Though the customer service representative was very polite, I am very disappointed with the service and with the ethics of the company.
Complaint comments Comments (53)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones

Comments

N  18th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
man ive had asurion i keep gettin a refurb phone yeah okay, its a modified piece of sh**! bottom line ive had 4 of these phones, and they have all done everything from not playing any sound, to completely freezing with no camera, the battery life has absolutly only an hour or two on it, like my phone randomly goes say a command thats not normal, and the same "new" phone i have now, the hinge was lose when i got it but now its barely attached these phones suck bottom line, they only last about two months before they kick the bucket, is it that difficult to send you a new phone, and now i have to get another one, which means another "refurb" which is spectactular because all 5 of them have done me so well, good job asurion !
N  30th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
WOW, Asurion appears (as I do more home work) to have scammed more people than I thought. They did very much of the same thing as the above comments to us too. BUYER BE WARE of this company. Very bad. Such a true scam. Dont let them take your money in this bad economy like they have done to all of us on this site. Please Better Business Bureau investigate this VERY bad company! And why is verizon contracting with this sham of a so called company. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS SO CALLED INSURANCE, they dont even know what kind of phones we had for coverage, sounds stupid, you get car insurance and they know what kind of car you have dont they? Or should I have just told my car insurance agency that I have a BMW, when I really have a 10 yr old truck with a missing fender and no brakes, come on Asurion you dont even know what kind of phone I have, yet you insure me, NO YOU JUST SCAMMED ME AND TAKE MY MONEY LIKE YOU DID TO EVERYONE ELSE...Shame on you. "0" customer service, and a top knotch scam! save your money people.
N  8th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I filed a claim with Asurion phone claim services and number one they are rude (talked to at least five people, it's wide spread), number two their a lazy company. It must come the example of the CEO Kevin Taweel being greedy and/or his personality, making his employees do absolutely nothing for customers. Or maybe it comes from Bret Comolli (Chairman) or Charles Laue (President). Either way this company is one of the most incompetent lazy steeling companies I have ever had work with. You think the major service providers would find someone who can actually do the job right!
A  7th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
Filed a claim with Asurion for an iphone that got washed, and by the way, didn't even know I had the coverage. Went through the online claim and realized from the invoice they are sending the new phone to was my adress from 6 years ago, I've only had AT&T for 3? Called Asurion immediately, they rudely told me they could do nothing and they got the adress from AT&T. Called AT&T, they said they could do nothing and Asurion was completely seperate from them, I must have gave them the incorrect adress. I didn't even know I had insurance? The solution from Asurion is to let it get sent to someone at my old adress and file a new claim if they sign for it. This is very aggrivating as I need my phone for school and work. Some is very shady about this company.
A  24th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
Isn't Asurion in violation of personal information. Why do they need to know where a person has lived and for how long? I don't need to provide this information to process a claim for my automobile or home. This should not be needed to process a claim for a cell phone and why would they need an adjustor to contact you? Again, this is a cell phone we are talking about not a million dollar airplane. The cell phone companies need to revert back to the warranty claim process and dump Asurion.
N  26th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
The worst customer service of my LIFE. It took me 90 dollars, three hours split between four phone calls, and six weeks to get my new battery... That they were suposed to send with my replacement phone(that was stolen). By the time I got my NEW battery I had already gotten another phone from the company. T-mobile has lost my business due to this company's extremly poor customer service!
A  11th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
If you can avoid using this company, do so at all costs. I am completely stressed out
with dealing with them. Huge deductable, should of just skipped the insurance and bought a new phone. It would have cost the same. Don't use them if possible. Also, let your carrier know about problems you have had with them. Maybe if they get pressure from the carriers they will listen, because they sure are not listening to their customers.
N  17th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

Asurion Insurance - Broken phone, terrible service
Asurion Insurance
California

We had to replace my son's broken iPhone and Asurion sent a defective replacement. Now they won't replace the defective phone until they receive it back for inspection. They say they have to do this to protect against fraud. All this while we are paying a $199 deductible. Unbelievable.

Do not buy this service!
N  17th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
they say they have to do this to protect against fraud. All this while we are paying a $199 deductible. Unbelievable.
N  28th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
Do not purchase this plan!!! HSN/ Asurion does not want t payout or replace items. I contacted Jessie H, a customer service rep, to replace my son's BEATS. She refused to process the claim and referred me to the manufactured instead. Jessie was rude, unhelpful... nor did she care about begin reported to the BBB, consumer affairs... HSN/ Asurion has nothing to loss. Jessie H. should be FIRED. Do not shop at HSN/ Asurion or buy their protection plus plan.
A  14th of Nov, 2016 by    0 Votes
I paid for the insurance via Verizon and after many years paying the insurance premium for different types of phones, I needed to get my iPhone 6 Plus replaced. The Asurion paperwork needed to be done 2 times, not sure why. Then I paid the $199 fee and received the phone. It was very obviously not a new phone. Scratched etc. I tried to activate it with Verizon. It didn't work properly. Verizon said, "we need some tech support from Asurion" and dialed them in, the Verizon rep jumped off the phone lightening fast. I was not expecting that. Then I had to deal with someone quite anxious and unqualified from Asurion. A young woman who sounded quite terrified and then annoyed, all in one. Finally she said that a new phone had to be sent out. We went through a whole bunch of stuff about mailing it to me and she was so not able to really work on what was needed. I asked if maybe I could be transferred to another agent since it wasn't working out. She said she would get in trouble if I transferred so I didn't. Then the order went all wrong, and it came out that they were secretly keeping my credit card information that I had used to pay the $199 fee, storing the card details without my permission. I spoke to a "care agent" (they don't seem to have managers), she was so out of it, didn't know what a tracking # was with UPS. It was surreal. The "care agent" totally lied about this and that. I recorded the call. It was bizarre to the point of being comedic in a Monty Pythonesque fashion (like the Cheese Shop where they have no cheese, or the dead parrot skit). I hung up entirely dissatisfied and called Verizon. They ended up giving me a credit to my account since I was on the phone with Asurion for hours. As soon as I can I will cancel this Asurion Insurance. Don't do it.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree