Asset Acceptance / Horrible Company

Tyler, TX, United States Review updated:
Asset Acceptance has been calling my house for about 3 months to talk to my wife. I finally got tired of listening to the messages when I got home after work. So I returned the call. I tried to keep it simple and just get their address and the account number they were calling about. I just wanted to write a "Quit contacting me letter". After a few questions, I got the information that I needed. I decided that I wanted more specific info on the 7 year old debts so that I could have legal backing when AA sells it and it get re-aged on my wifes credit report. She passed me on to her manager. He apparently was kicked repeteadly as a child. His anger was just amazing. He made sure to tell me that my wife are are professional debtors because I refuse to pay for debts that 1. There is no proof they are my wifes. 2. Even if they are, they are both past the SOL and almost to the point of coming off her credit report. He then proceeds to tell me that they also have another debt in my wifes name. I decide this is as good a time as any to go ahead and get the info to write a letter about it as well. Mr. Needs to Get Laid, has a hissy fit on the phone. I decide I have had enough and I just hang up on him. Now guess what is happening? You got it, they are now calling to collect on the second debt. I just want to know what I can do to protect myself from them selling the debts and this stating all over again. I know that AA is fraudulent because they have tried to collect a debt from that they claimed was mine before. I had never even had an account with Alltel and they decided to drop it. This company has no decency whatsoever.

Comments

As
  27th of Jan, 2010
I would like to get with other victims of Asset Acceptance Asset and sue them!

Here is my story: it is 2010 and Asset Acceptance LLC has just stolen $5000 from my bank account. They claim it is from an old $900. visa from 1995. They severed someone with my last name in an other state. That person discarded the summons and Asset Acceptance automatically got a default judgment against me. They then used a Domestic Interstate Transference to transfer the judgment to the state of my residence and take the money plus 15years worth of interest from my account. They are cowards and crooks and they purposely sneak cases through courts without giving you the chance to fight it. Asset Acceptance knows that the only way to win is by default. You often need a lawyer to fight them which is so costly that most people just "give in to them".

I have learned that they constantly troll these blogs because they DO NOT want us to know about each other and they especially do not want us talking to one another. If you see any comments that support their tactics I can guarantee you it is just one of there "employee ### plants"

Organizing together is the key (just "Google" their name and you can see that they MUST be stopped)

I have no legal expertise I am just a another victim who is determined to stop them...I have created an email address just for this fight so feel free to write me at standup2scum@aol.com

Victims and Lawyers interested in representing a Class Action case against Asset Acceptance are always welcome to email me.
Sincerely Victim X.