Asset Acceptance / They are nothing but thieves

They got themselves an attorney to represent them from Minneapolis. I am deaf and disabled so of course I could not attend a hearing about an account that had unauthorized payments taken from a credit card years ago.

They got a judgement and froze my bank account and withdrew my the remainder of my social security disability check. Sent them my 1099 as proof that I receive SS disability and also proof that I receive a monthly check.

Of course they are fighting the exemption. There goes my medical bill money for this month. I can't afford an attorney and can't ask for a hearing because I am in the process of moving.

Pretty bad in a time of bad economy that these dregs of society and bottom feeders go after the poor and disabled. I hope they rot.

Va

Comments

• Md
      11th of Jun, 2008

I've the same thing that is happening to me. please help.

• Ga
      6th of Aug, 2008

Wow. How did they serve you? I think in GA they have to serve you papers. I've had a credit card company try to sue me. they sent a sherriff to serve me. I responded to the inquiry and never heard back from them. My friend on the other hand, claimed he never got the papers. they got a default judgment against him and were garnishing about $800 a month from his check!