Aspen Dental / charge for services not rendered

1 Salem, OR, United States Review updated:

When I visited Aspen Dental for the first time, I ensured that my digital X-rays are transmitted from a previous dentist as I didn't want to go through another full mouth X-rays within a short period of time. The office manager in charge was handling it. Even though she was fully aware that she had my X-rays, yet my insurance company and I were billed for a full mouth X-rays of $115.00 I immediately alerted my insurance not to pay this amount as there were no X-rays taken by Aspen Dental.

It appears to me that this scamming is practiced on a regular basis to unsuspecting customers and insurance companies.

El

Comments

• Ss
      21st of Aug, 2009

I think you are offbase to judge so harshly. People do make mistakes and could easily have charged the insurance company by mistake. I am sure if you had made a simple phone call to point out that you didn't have x-rays taken there, the matter would have been cleared up. Offices don't take "insurance fraud" lightly.
    All in all, though, I would say you should choose another dental office because if you don't trust the office and your dentist, you should not have dental work done there. You and the Aspen Dental office will both be better off.