Ashley Furniture Industries — knox sofa and loveseat
Approximately 1 1/2 years ago we purchased the Knox sofa and loveseat from Ashley furniture.These 2 pieces of furniture are the worst quality furniture that I have ever purchased.
Approximately 6 months into owning these sofas they became extremely uncomfortable to sit on and every time that my husband or myself sat on the sofa they creaked. Eventually we decided to open up the sofa to look inside to see what was going on because we were so unhappy sitting on these as there is a zipper on the bottom fabric that you can get inside to take a closer look. When we looked inside we saw that every beam was missed by the thin nails that the company uses to hold the sofas together with the particle board it was so bad the the seat was starting to separate from the frame. I have not had the problem that others had with the Durablend peeling yet as I condition the sofas monthly with a product that is formulated to clean vinyl, leather and rubber, which is important so you do not dry out the polyurethane that is used to bond together the very little leather that is used in the sofa.
However, the "Bonded Leather" is such a low grade and thin that if you bump into the corners with something such as a vacuum cleaner it will cause damage to the corners of the sofa. Be warned that these sofas are so light and the sofa comes up very high that if not positioned against a wall it is very easy to topple over the sofa if a child was to lean against the back. Ashley Customer service is another issue. I called to complain to their corporate customer service as it is still being sold on their corporate website.
They are not interested in the obvious manufacturing defects and instead referred me back to the Ashley Furniture where I purchased the piece. I have worked with 2 people at the local Ashley Furniture and they have failed to follow up each time. When they did follow up their remedy was to fix it.
I pointed out to them these are only the parts you can see what about the rest of the frame. Are they going to take apart and rebuild the entire sofa?
More Ashley Furniture Industries Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture - cancel order 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Home Furniture - I would be paying $744.00 to return furniture that does not recline and that id poorly constructed 
- Ashley Furniture - terrible company 
- Ashley Furniture - rude store manager
- Ashley Furniture - Kenosha, WI - 2 months to get a table!!
- Ashley Furniture Industries - delivery fee/distance to pick up order