Ashley Furniturei'm mad

Bought with cash $1240.00 a new leather loveseat and when they called to say it was here I was so excited. My husband took the old sofa apart and out. Then they called back opps it came in but totalled TOTALED!!!... I said so you order a new one and its three weeks again they said yep. Then a week later they called back and said its here. I said ok that was fast. Once again my hubby took the sofa apart and out. Got there no loveseat they said it was a miss call that he had called about the totalled one again. Once again no apology’s no customer care. SOOOO I said so when is the e t a on the new one the warehouse guy said oh the part should be in two weeks. I SAID WHAT PART WE BOUGHT A NEW LOVESEAT!!! We were told another one would be ordered just minutes ago. He said we are going to fix the damaged one and give you it. This is what we do I repeat this is what we do to everyone. I said I want what I paid cash for, He said it will be. I through a fit of anger. I said I want my money back they then said you can only get all of it less 30 percent. SO I wait another mmmmmm god knows how long. For a repaired piece of furniture. WHAT A DEAL!!!

I am so pissed I can't see straight. DO NOT SHOP HERE I GIVE YOU FAIR WARNING. SO I spent $1240.00 dollars and have nothing no sofa for a week now as my hubby said he would not put it back in the house again (the old one I mean).I should have bought Japanese they do better work building and they treat customers with respect. Ashley is so awful so awful so awful so awful so awful…

Comments

• Mr
      Jun 22, 2007
    Ashley Furniture - don't shop at ashley furniture!

I would like to begin by saying, "Shame on You", Ashley Furniture! I have never felt so used and abused by a company like this. Let us start at the beginning... My husband and I drove to the Rainbow/Cheyenne store since that was the closest. We were not attacked like most salespeople so we thought, okay let's look around... We were greeted eventually by a veteran salesman who was very professional... showed us EXACTLY what we were looking for... 2 guest beds, 2 matching nightstands, 2 reasonably priced mattresses, a very nice chest. drawer, a 4 drawer file cabinet, and a wonderful rolltop desk for his office. Now we like to plan ahead because that's how to avoid problems, if done correctly. Everything went smooth as silk... PAID IN FULL... on May 26, 2017 with a delivery date(June 21, 2017) FAR enough in advance to finish our New Home and prepare for the Important guest we were expecting... This is where the horror of it begins... on June 15 I was called by your delivery department and told that there would not be a shipment of our furniture! I was told that the warehouse had only a headboard, a nightstand and 2 mattresses. At this point I insisted on speaking to someone in charge... Not mentioning names, two different women proceeded to give me the "Corporate Run-around". Now we have been working hard as I said on our home, painting, remodeling, all the things to get to this point where the FURNITURE was the last thing to make it COMPLEAT! So excuses is unacceptable at this point, I wanted answers! None were given... Your customer service department is a "Room Full Of Incompetent Clowns". This forced me to return to the store and confront your manager in charge... I Will mention his name because this man had no knowledge of what to do as far as the " Customer is #1 priority"... No, what can I do to fix this problem, no deals...NOTHING! The Man (R.Bills) dropped the ball(s) if you get my meaning. On top of all of this you folks had the nerve to charge me a 30% stocking fee! This is where I lost it... WHAT stock? That is the whole point of contention! How can you charge for something you DON'T HAVE?? After all is said and done... plus a promise of calling the local news and my Lawyer... Mr. Bills grew a pair and assured me my money would be REFUNDED-IN-FULL... My time is very valuable to me and you people have wasted precious time spent preparing for guest. I am forwarding this letter to ComplaintsBoard.com to let "THE WORLD KNOW"... DON'T SHOP AT ASHLEY FURNITURE!

• Ci
      Jul 04, 2007
    Ashley Furniture - scratched chairs and used set delivered!

I have a problem with a kitchen set that I ordered. When it was first delivered it was a mess. The chairs were scratched and the set was not new. They said they were ordering a new one and it would be here in ten days. Well it is over the ten days and it is still not here. Now they want me to wait another week to get the set. I want to cancel the order and they are going to fight me on it. What does a person need to do?

• Bl
      Jul 27, 2007
    Ashley Furniture - poor service!

I placed an order for couch/love seat and in turn canceled the order due to finding a better product at another store. I purchased through the free financing which is done through Citi Financial. The store manager told me that because this order was in route, I had to pay a 20% restocking fee or do a store credit. Obviously I will not pay the store 20% of a product I canceled. He then told me I had to use the store credit within 60 days, which is not an option as I do not need any further furniture, especially within 2 months. As a side note, their store credit is for full amount of purchase, which for me included a warranty on the furniture, delivery charge, as well as sales tax (not just the merchandise).

I called Citi Financial to insure I will not be billed for this order as it was canceled. They stated my account did show a authorization for the amount, but it was at a $0 balance as they charge will not go through until the furniture was sent. I canceled the the account all together so no charges can be made, and they stated they would send me a letter noting account was closed.

The back of the order form states "Risk Free Buying" - I don't buy that at all. This is more like strong-arm tactics. Has anyone else ever had this experience with this company, and if so, how did you handle it? I worry that they will come back on me for this canceled order, or place the charge on a canceled account.

• Su
      Jul 30, 2007
    Ashley Furniture - returning policies

I purchased furniture from Ashley Furniture (NOrth Brunswick) on May 21st. I wanted my delivery in the beginning of August. The reason was i wanted to surprise my daughter and her husband by decorating their new apartment. My daughter and her husband are coming from abroad. At the time, i didn't know the exact date but when i bought the furniture i had made it clear that the delivery was to be in the beginning of August. My sales associate told me that that is fine and i just had to call a week before i wanted my delivery. So when the date of my daughter and her husband's arrival was confirmed, they were coming on August 8th. I called Ashley Furniture. I called them on July 24th saying i wanted my delivery on August 6th. That gave them a whole 10 day period to deliver my furniture. They told me it wasn't possible before mid August. When i questioned them about what happened they said they gave my furniture (that i paid for already) to someone else. And now they were trying to give someone else's furniture to me. I told them that i want to return the furniture, which was not in my possession, and get my money back because i wasn't getting it on time. I wanted my money back. But they insist that i would get store credit and the furniture i buy with that store credit cannot be delivered to me when i want. I went to Ashley Furniture to talk to the manager to see what they could do for me. I asked to talk to the manager of Ashley Furniture (north brunswick.) The manager's name was Mileika. She was very rude. She kept complaining of being sick. As we tried to explain to her our side of the story, she yawned as if not interested. She made it clear by her actions, that she didn't care for her customers. When we complained about the irresponsibility of her sales associates who were suppose to call back and forgot. She defended her sales associate by saying my sales associate are very good, they never forget anything or anyone. Most of the associates at Ashley Furniture were very rude and mean. They didn't care for their customers and what was convenient for them. Tell me this, is it my fault that they cannot deliver my furniture on a ten day notice, even though they say they need only a week's notice. Either they deliver my furniture on time or i want to return the furniture and cancel my delivery. I do NOT want to ANY STORE CREDIT from Ashley Furniture. I am too dissatisfied by their service to ever go to them again.

• Ke
      Aug 28, 2007
    Ashley Furniture - company not liable for salesman!

What I have learned from today is don't believe sales people at ashley furniture. I have never shopped at ashley furniture before and the sales person told me complete lies about their cancellation and return policy basically saying they take returns all the time and if the furniture didn't fit in the house that I could refuse shipment and they couldn't charge me for what I didn't receive (Since their web-site didn't have their policy online I believed him). When he had me sign the invoice, he never pointed out that on the back of the invoice was the policy that stated no returns, refunds, exchanges, or cancellations. Furthermore, upon calling their corporate office to cancel the order before it was shipped I was told of their real policy and that it was on the back of the invoice. When I called the store direct and explained what happened I was told by the secretary that "maybe what he said to me didn't sink in" (Why are people so rude?), in return I asked to speak to a manager. Instead they sent me to the lying salesperson himself. Bad idea... He of course was trying to cover his own # and I was getting angrier at the minute! I told him I did not want to speak to him that I wanted a manager and he hung up. Probably regretting that decision he called me back 5 minutes later and gave me to a manager, she said that "a salesperson is required to tell me the policy and wouldn't state anything that contradicts it". Really!!! As of yet no manager at the corporate office will return my calls. They have a secretary (The only nice lady in the company) calling me. I continually ask for a manager and she said that she gave them the message but still not a call from one (A very wrong way to do business I think). Moral of the story... As per the secretary who is relaying messages for the manager... I am stuck with furniture I don't want or I can give them about a $800.00 restocking fee (If that's what it's called) and have a store credit for the remaining $1100.00 at a place I do not wish to do business with any longer! I am frustrated, mad, and sick to my stomach. Losing $800.00 is a lot of money for furniture I no longer want.

Sincerely — an ashley furniture disgruntled shopper!

• Am
      Aug 30, 2007

If only we had known!!!!

My finance and I have been waiting 7 weeks for our bedroom set to be delivered. We received a call the DAY before our furniture was to be delivered. Letting us know there is a delay and they will contact us the next day to let us know when we can expect our furniture. We receive a call the next day and they let us know that our furniture is another 3 weeks out! To add it all up, we would be waiting for our bedroom set for 11 weeks!!!! Just shy of 3 MONTHS!!! We never would have purchase anything from anyone knowing we would have to wait that long. It is very sad that they do not value there customers! We are very disappointed and will not shop there again!

• To
      Oct 12, 2007
    Ashley Furniture - bad condition of furniture, poor customer service and horrible refund policy!!

I am currently on my 3rd set of furniture! I have yet to get the quality that I expected from such a high end furniture store. My husband and I had just purchased a home and wanted nothing but the best! We went to the Ashley Furniture Store in Schereville, Indiana and were totally disappointed. The first order, I waited 5 months and it still arrived broken and scratched. The company stated that the repairs necessary were not cost effective, so they agreed to replace the sectional. The second set I ordered, after a month the recliner was falling apart, they came to repair it and it broke again. After 3 repairs, I finally decided to request a new sectional again. This time, I was informed that the set I had was now discontinued! I then requested a refund only to be told that they do not honor refunds and that I had to come in to the store to reselect new furniture. The set I found, was not nice as the first and did not add up to the previous furniture purchased. I had a credit of $3.00 and they would not refund that... I had to choose a candle. This is a poor excuse for a company! I am totally unsatisfied and would never recommend this company to worst enemy!!

• Je
      Dec 29, 2007

I'm sure that you had a bad experience with Ashley but you didn't communicate it well. The information that you provided was that they called you 6 days in advance of your delivery to tell you that you wouldn't get a delivery. No mention of how long it would be until they could deliver, just right into your trying to get a refund. You called them a "room full of clowns" and sound very hostile. Your comment about the manager "growing a pair" was inappropriate. I am considering shopping at Ashley and your contribution does nothing to help. Although I would not be happy about a delay, a six day notice is a lot better than the expected day of delivery. I wish you would have given us the information about when the delayed delivery would have taken place.

• Ve
      Mar 01, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - poor quality furniture!
    Jacksonville
    Florida

I purchased a bedroom set from Ashley Furniture in the Town Center. I had the bed less than 90 days and middle of the bed was beginning to sink in. When the repair person came out some of the screws were missing and two slates were damaged. Instead of them ordering me two new slates, one was ordered before it could come from UPS on of the rails broke. He came out again ordered me a new rail and I advised him that I would be moving and I was advised that he would no longer be able to come out and service me again because I was moving the furniture even though the furniture is still under manf. warranty. I will never purchase another piece of furniture from them.

•   Apr 17, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - stay away from them
    www.ashleyfurniture.com

We purchased a brand new loveseat and sofa with recliners on them both. They are supposed to be leather but they're not! The loveseat arrived with a rub (burn) mark, I refused a repair and demanded a replacement! The couch has very weak fabric and the slightest pressure causes damage. I have had my furniture less than a week and I am ready to give it back! I had looked for a certain style, colour, material, and comfort for my new furniture and thought I had found it with Ashley furniture but I am ready to send it back. I had my old couch and loveseat, black leather sofa and loveseat, from Rooms to go, and they lasted for years. It is sad that a more expensive company makes cheaper furniture than a generic, low budget store. Stay away from Ashley furniture if you're looking for quality!

•   Apr 17, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - they're terrible
    www.ashleyfurniture.com

We bought LANE reclining sofa and matching loveseat @ Ashley Store w/ the 5 yr. extended warranty. Came ripped on back of sofa...took them 1 yr. to come fix it only after reclining mech. Failed...then 6 mo. later had to fix again. After 3 mo. of numerous phone calls they have agreed to give us STORE credit for new matching set. Only thing is...I can't find nor do I want another set from Ashley...now what do I do? I have a 1 1/2 yr. old set that is lopsided and looks like crap...out $2, 500.

• Mc
      Apr 23, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - completely ignored!!!
    Louisville
    Kentucky

I went into the Ashley Furniture store on Blakenbaker Pkwy in Louisville Ky on Monday April 21st and received the worst customer service in my life. I left completely mad, upset and hurt.

I had previosly purchased from Ashley furniture a sleigh bed, dresser, two nightstands, a dining room table and 6 chairs. The total on that purchase alone was $3200.00. I loved my furniture and the company was great about delivering my furniture and even replacing my dining room table when it was scratched in the delivery truck on the way to my home.

Needless to say I was shocked by the events of that Monday. I will start by saying that Monday was a beautiful day and so I put on a t shirt, Nike pants, tennis shoes, threw my hair in a ponytail and went to the park to enjoy some time in the sunshine. After leaving the park I decided to go by Ashley and see what they had because I would be needing the furniture very soon. I was prepared to buy.

I walked in and 4 associates were standing at the door, waiting to bounce on the next person who walked through, which is usual in a commission based store. To my surpise, even though I made eye contact and said hello, NOT ONE associate said hello or came to talk to me. Okay, I thought to my self no big deal. I looked around for a few minutes and a male associate walked over. I made eye contact and said hello and he just looked at me and said "I'm looking for something" and walked off. Now, that pissed me off.

Over the next 20 minutes I was passed by 4 different associates and was never spoken to once, not even a simple hi. I have to point out that myself and one other woman were the ONLY customers in the store. Oddly enough the other woman walked in a few minutes after me and the associates descended on her like a pack of hiennas.

Funny thing is I am the customer service manager for a multi-million dollar retail store. I KNOW good customer service and bad customer service. I went back to the front of the store and decided to say something to the associates who were still standing there twiddling their thumbs. They needed to know that they lost out on a huge sale. When I told them they just looked at me and didn't say a word!! STILL, didn't offer to help!!

I left the store mad and hurt. My theory is that I walked into that store in tennis shoes and work out clothes and those ###s looked at me and decided that I didn't look like a good commission opportunity based on my appearance.

Times are tough for retail stores right now and I am glad to know that Ashley Furniture is not affected by these tough times. They still have the fortunate ability to pick and chose who they service. Their bottom line must not be red yet.

• Hi
      Apr 25, 2008

Boo woo to you. You sound like a Seinfeld episode. Multi-million dollar retail store manager. So go there if you don't like the "rude" service you received from Ashley. These people work on commission so I am quite sure they didn't ignore you unless you told them that you were just looking. You sound like a typical bogus complaint toward Ashley Furniture

•   Jun 12, 2008

We purchased a micro fibre sofa and love seat recliner from the Ashley furniture store in Fremont in August 2017. The furniture when it arrived was as expected. But within a few weeks we started noticing micro fibre elements sticking out from all parts of the furniture - this was not fibre leaking from the seams but rather fibre magically leaking from within the fabric all over.

I opened a case with their customer service in Southern California back in Feb 2017. An Ashley Furniture technician came home in April to look at the leaks and stated that he had never seen anything of this nature in his entire tenure and was going to recommend the quickest possible resolution. After waiting for a couple of weeks and still not hearing back from their customer service, I called them and to my surprise was told that the technician had stated in his report that the leak was "normal" and we "may have" used a high power vacuum and caused the same.

After many more conversations, their customer service agent "Jamie" called me up in early May to state that Ashley would take back the furniture and would give us store credit to buy an alternate set. I

waited for a couple of more weeks to get the credit - but nothing happened. On May 17th, I again called up Jamie who indicated that her supervisor "Ron" or manager "Tran" were supposed to have gotten back to me by now - and apologized profusely for the delay. Two more weeks go by and nothing happens. I called back on the 7th of June and to my surprise was told by "Kim" (another customer non-service rep) that "Jamie" had quit the company and had thrown all her case paper work in the trash.

After being asked to speak to the manager, I was transferred to Tran who wanted me to send him pictures of the leaking fibre (to start the process all over again) for him to make a decision on by Tuesday (6/10). I posted a youtube video and sent him a link. Till date - as expected - no response. I am quite sure they have no intention of fulfilling their warranty. We paid $1800 for furniture that looks like a camel going thru puberty.

Store Purchased From: Ashley Furniture - Fremont, CA

When Purchased: August 2017

What was purchased: Microfibre Sofa & Loveseat Recliner

Amount Paid: $1800 (approx)

Ashley Furniture Customer Service Phone #: [protected]

Customer Service Contact Name: Jamie (originally), VTran (manager)

Youtube Video of the Leaking Furniture:

• Li
      Jun 16, 2008

We are certainly not happy with salesmanager of Brandon, Manitoba Canada nor with delivery policies or sales promotions. Do NOT deal with these people...it is really just a sophisticated scam. They just say what you want to hear in order to make the sale...not trustworthy. I will never deal with them again and will make sure all friends, relatives and acquaintances know about this company.

•   Jul 01, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - cheap materials
    www.ashleyfurniture.com

I purchased an entire living room set from Ashley Furniture 2 months ago. I just noticed that a seam in the centre of the loveseat has split. This piece has barely been used and when I called for service, I was told I would have to pay $40 for someone to come look at it and fix it. He did a terrible job I might add, it’s very obviously repaired. I cannot believe that after only 2 months when the serviceman even admitted it was not out fault, that I had to pay for this to be repaired. That was the last time we purchase from Ashley Furniture.

•   Jul 08, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - they are the worst
    www.ashleyfurniture.com

Worst customer service ever. My daughter purchased a sectional couch. When the delivery men were bringing the couch in through the front door they snagged it and tore the couch. Ashley refuses to replace or refund the money, stating "that it is not company policy". Even though they damaged it! They have sent someone out to sew the tear, replace part of the couch that is torn. But as of now, that has not been done. My daughter has asked for an exchange or a refund but they are immoveable. I have never seen anything like this before.

•   Jul 16, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - sold us a couch just three months ago thats falling apoart too
    ashleyfurniture.com

Ashley furniture dealers sold us a couch three months ago that's olive colour with two end recliners that is falling apart. The cushions on the ends are sinking into the middle. The stuffing on the foot rest are flat to the wood. The recliners won’t stay extended. The foot rest on the recliners have sharp edges where cushioning has pulled away. I complained to the furniture store on 6/28/08. Where I bought it. I bought it on 4/4/08. The furniture store came and took pic's and said they sent them by email to Ashley's home office. We shall see what happens?

•   Jul 18, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - very disappointed
    ashleyfurniture.com

I purchase furniture's from Ashley Furniture since may 2017 I was given a delivery date schedule for June 22nd and here it is July 16th I have not received any furniture I would not recommend Ashley Furniture to anyone I went to the store an spoke with the store manager and ask him what was taking them so long for me to received my furniture it was some of the furniture was not in stock and the manufacture have to build the missing pieces the store the furniture’s is nice but it not Shop at ASHLEY Store's ***.

Jul 27, 2008

I just experienced the same and am still going thru customer service then the store manager on a return of merchandise that had scratches and was made in CHINA after they told me otherwise. I am out $2700 ...

• Da
      Aug 29, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - bad product, worse service!!
    Ashley Furniture Mart
    Manhattan
    Kansas

We bought a sectional from them last year and have had nothing but problems with it. The recliners did not close or open properly and their "fix" was so staples some staps under it. The padding went flat after two months and again a month later after their "fix" was to stuff the cushions to the point they were round! Then, we had issues with the sleeper part of it sinking in. The again fixed this by stuffing the cushions beyond recognition. After enough complaining, they did fix replace the end pieces of the couches...only to start having the same issues after only 2 months and now one of the bolts that holds the sleeper on has com out of the wood.
    I'm done and have asked that they come pick up the furniture and give us a refund. You'll see another report from me if I have to pay the same restocking fee I have read about in other posts here.
    BUYER SHOULD RUN!!!

•   Aug 31, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - still don't have furniture
    Knoxville
    Tennessee

I bought a sofa, love seat, and ottoman from Ashley Furniture on June 7 and paid in full by check. I was promised delivery in 3-6 weeks. It has now been 10 weeks and still no furniture. I have been told for the past 4 weeks that it would be "next week." On Monday, Aug 1, I was told my furniture was scheduled to be on the truck delivered today, Aug 3. Guess what -- this evening I was told it would be "the end of the month." THREE MONTHS for delivery, and they have had my cash for the entire time. Excuses have ranged from a merger, increase in gas prices, not enough stock in Ashley's central warehouse, ottoman was on back order. I have found the exact same set on other furniture stores' websites, and they all guarantee delivery in 2-3 weeks -- so why can't Ashley deliver their own furniture in the same time? I have gotten 3 very nice customer service reps (which is the only reason I have kept my calm so far) and 2 not nice at all. All my future furniture purchases will be by credit card and NOT at Ashley Furniture.

•   Aug 31, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - don't buy from them
    ashleyfurniture.com

Ordered furniture on June 21 and 22, 2017 to be combined into one delivery. Was told to expect 3 to 6 week delivery.

Three weeks came and went - I had a daughter and her family coming in from England - disappointed but they were still in their time frame. Six weeks came and went and so I started making inquiries.

Bear in mind that I have no communication from Ashley Furniture telling me what’s going on. Don't bother to call them, with their automated system it’s almost impossible to talk to someone and if you do, they cant/want tell you anything. I've held for 10 minutes and have been cut off more than once.

Any way it’s been 10 weeks and counting and I've "teed" them off - so who knows when I'll see my furniture.

Read the reviews of how Ashley Furniture treats customers - I wish I had.

•   Sep 03, 2008

I bought an Izod bed which claims to be an Ipod/MP3 player. USB port does not work. They do not have any information on this bed. Will not honor warranty or Ins. Bed came defective with little info. This bed corrupted my Ipod. I also bought a kitchen table with stools. All the stools are broken. Screws are stripped and metal bent underneath. Junk!! Will not be decent. When you call they put you in voicemail. I have been calling and going in person. Furniture bought 6-17 del 6-27. Not resolved. Deputing credit card. Please do not shop there. Any problems will be grief! Sincerely!!!

•   Sep 15, 2008

Like many of you we too purchased furniture from ashley at our local store in Kansas. What crap they delivered to us was horrible. Both our club chairs were defective. One had an obvious busted zipper. We called the store and spoke with the manager. She informed us of the restock fee to return merchandise. I informed her she wasn't legally allowed to charge me a restock fee for merchandise that was defective. I could see paying a fee if I got the furniture and didn't like it or it didn't fit or I changed my mind, but to pay a restock fee because the furniture was defective was illegal. She still insisted we pay the restock fee. We loaded the chairs in our van and drove them up to the store ourselves. Dropped them off and told them we wanted a full refund and if they tried to charge a restock fee we would call our credit card company while standing in their store and dispute the charges. Luckily the manager gave us a full refund. My advice is pay with a credit card at any furniture store, you are protected that way but your credit card. One call and you can dispute the charges... the credit card company will fight with the store and issue a refund immediately. So protect yourself. As ashley sells cheap defective furniture I have seen some worse furniture in other stores for twice as much. So again anytime I buy new furniture I use a credit card and protect myself. Good luck to all on your problems with ashley.

•   Sep 17, 2008

We ordered a mattress set on july 19th from Ashley furniture in Roanoke Virginia. They said it would take approximately four to six weeks before they would arrive, it is now sept. 16th and we still have not received them and we can't get a refund either. Customer service keeps telling us they are in route and they can't refund our money. They said each store is independently run and in the interum it is under a new owner. The mattresses are from Simmons. I feel I'm getting the run around from these people and it looks like I may have to take legal action on this company very shortly if I don't get my money back from this company. Bad customer relations to say the least!

•   Sep 23, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - terrible experience
    ashleyfurniture.com

On July 26, 2017, we paid $1, 064.10 for a desk and were told it would take 45 days to receive it. On the 45th day we called and were told they would call us when the desk arrived. Last week, we found out the store was closed. They took our hard earned money when they knew their business was going down. I work from home and need the desk. Give us our desk or return our money. I'll even take the floor model in the store!

The letter in the window stated they would contact consumers within 2 days... the letter is undated!

•   Sep 29, 2008

Two weeks ago I ordered and paid for two lamps from the Catonsville store. They stated they would be delivered via truck from the Waldorf, MD store as store about an hour's drive away. Every time I call the store - the truck is always due in that day but no one ever calls you to let you know that your lamps have arrived. I have called for a manager every day for four days and he is never "available." Now the truck is due in Tuesday. My next call - the Better Business Bureau!! This store is poor, poor, poor!!!

•   Oct 05, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - awful company
    ashleyfurniture.com

We purchased a sofa and a hide a bed from there Fairfield, California store. What you see is not what you get. Buyer Beware!!! The product they delivered were not the same as in the store showroom.The colors we not an same nor the quality of merchandise. The workmanship looked like children put it together with the lights off and the quality is very piss poor the cushions were very low end like a standard pillow

The Frames the two had very little padding or none at all also the staples were showing through the material.So when you see Ashley's furniture sign don't walk but Run in the opposite direction.

•   Oct 09, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - terrible everything
    ashleyfurniture.com

Has anyone bought a coffee table made by Ashley Furniture with the rollers on the bottom? They manufactured the rollers with a ridge in the center of each one. You would never know until it has ruined your flooring. The ridge cuts into the hardwood like a knife. I called them and they said that the design was not defective. They were supposed to be that way. I told them that they were definitely defective and were asking for a lawsuit since they denied claim. Anyone else had a problem? I would like to know if you have filed a lawsuit. I have a lot of damage.

Oct 11, 2008

The exact same thing happened to myself this past week. I spent 2500.00 on a new couch and when delivered, they not only marked up my wall, the 2 couches both were damaged. The frame of the loveseat is cracked and the couch itself is missing buttons, one of the couches now has my white wall paint ingrained into the wood.
    I immediately called Ashleys and spoke with the manager, and yes i was told the exact samething; a tech would come to my house and repair it. What, i just spent 2500.00, and now u are telling me that u will only repair it. After tellin her that i was completely unsatisfied with the outcome; I want what i paid for brandnew no defects, if i wanted a damaged piece of furniture i would have went to the as is dept. The manager than proceeded to compare my couch with the purchase of a brand new car. I told her that a couch and a car are not comparable, for you could not buy a brand new care for 2500.00, and if u could please tell me where. The manager has yet to rectify the whole dilema and i am still stuck with both pieces of damaged furniture. Honestly, I have worked retail for over 20 years and yes the general public can be difficult, however when you choose to take on a postion wihin the service indusrty 90% of your job should be customer service. Obviously this company does not stand behind thier product, nor do they offer any excellence in customer service, and when u do call, expect to not hear back from them for they do not return your calls. Goodluck to all with complaints, and others consider buying your furniture elsewhere.

Oct 29, 2008
    Ashley Furniture - bad customer service
    Ashley Furniture Store
    Spanish Fort
    Alabama
    Phone: [protected]

Paid cash for a bed and an end table, but after 6 weeks of waiting for the furniture to be delivered; I gave up. When I would call to check on the status of my delivery, the Assistant Manager would say she would follow up and call me back, but no one at this furniture store does what they say they are going to do. I finally got tired of their lack of follow through . . . just not going to beg somebody to take my money! There are plenty of other furniture stores to choose from.

• Ke
      Dec 02, 2008

Right there with you. My finacee' and I bought a bedroom suite in late September paying in Cash. We still have yet to see our furniture of hear from them. The latest excuse is the economy and that there isn't enough sales to fill a truck. Come ON! I seriously doubt that we will ever by from them again. We purchased from other furniture stores and were told the truth about delivery and it was even delivered in quicker time.

• Gt
      Jan 01, 2009
    Ashley Furniture - springs
    Arizona

Over the last 14 months, I have spent over $7, 000 with Ashley Furniture, buying a bedroom set, kitchen set and 2 furniture sets. The one recliner couch keeps having issues with the springs falling out in the middle, making the middle cushion sink very low. They came out and fixed the same problem twice, both within a year, and now the 1 year labor warranty is up, and guess what, the damn springs are collapsed again, but this time, they want to charge me $45.00 per hour for a labor fee. The SAME problem has happened 3 times inside of a year, and now they have the gall to want to charge me for the 3rd repair? How would I be guaranteed that this time it'll be fixed correctly? This company sucks with their customer service, and I will NOT ever buy from them again and I will report them to the BBB.

• Pm
      Jan 17, 2009

Ashley Furniture is basically high style CRAP. They offer a high style "look" to mass consumers at an affordable price; albeit the "look" does not fool me...It still looks cheap because it is cheap.

I grew up in a home filled with Ethan Allan furniture, purchased in the mid Sixties. I believe my Father spent around 25K to purchase an entire household of “traditional” furniture. Interestingly, after 40 plus years of service, almost every piece of that Ethan Allen furniture collection is accounted for and is still in use today. My parents divorced in 1990 and the collection got spread out to the family when my parents downsized their real estate and went their separate ways. I have at least 4 pieces of this furniture in my home today. I recovered two very comfortable "big" rockers in the mid to late 90's at a cost of $800 total and they are still in my living room today...very comfortable too! FYI...Ethan Allen is not the only “quality” company out there, in fact I suspect that even Ethan Allan has lowered their quality to be competitive, like everyone else, these days. But if you do your research, you will find that there are “quality” furniture manufacturers out there.

I realize that not everyone can afford expensive high quality furniture and I also realize that we live in a "throw-away" society, but the fact remains that quality furniture that “lasts” will cost you thousands and thousands of dollars. What you spent on entire suite of furniture is probably what it would cost to buy one "significant" piece of “quality” furniture, such as a sofa. Beyond that, most reputable stores will tell you that people actually replace their furniture, especially heavily used chairs and sofas / couches, every 7 to 10 years. Subsequently, there's a huge market to sell mediocre furniture at affordable prices. For these reasons, companies like Ashley exist; people simply don't want to pay a lot and they don't plan on keeping it that long. Even manufacturer’s like Thomasville, Flexsteel, Bassett, Broyhill and Lazy-Boy (the one’s you see advertised all the time) are not that great, in terms of quality; while they are better than Ashley, for sure, they will end up in a land-fill, much sooner than buying a “quality” piece of furniture. What’s most important is the fact while those manufacturers quality may be good, you’ll end up being dissatisfied with the look and performance of these pieces, much sooner than if you’d bought a “quality” piece of furniture.

Recently, I’ve been looking for some new furniture (a leather sectional) and I have been doing a lot of searching at stores and on-line. I actually stopped in at an Ashley store in Kenosha, WI, last weekend, just for the heck of it. Having never stepped foot in an Ashley store, upfront, I believed that it would be crappy quality, but I figured I would check it out anyways…W're all trying to save a buck these days and I figured if I could buy something cheap it might be worth it. Well, I spent about 5 minutes in the store and walked out realizing that I'd be throwing my money away because I'd end up replacing it (or wanting to replace it) within 5 years.

They say "quality is long remembered, long after the price is forgotten" and I've lived by that mantra in everything I buy...I've actually owned 2 cars in the last 20 years, but I bought the car I wanted and got every option I wanted, both times. So when it comes to my upcoming furniture purchase, I've decided to stick with what I know and buy the quality piece. I've looked at upholstered sectional couches from $1100 to leather sectionals upwards of $7000. I want leather and I want quality, so I am honing in on an internet retailer, Club Furniture (www.clubfurniture.com), which offers high quality at a reasonable price, albeit it's still going to cost me 3 to 4 thousand dollars. Of course, I'm going to try to beat them down on the price, especially in this market, but I've realized that this piece will probably be with me, for the rest of my life, even if it winds up in a basement rec-room. If I buy a cheap one, I know I will end up tossing it to the curb and buying something else, down the road, which, in the end, will end up costing me more money; that’s just the way I roll.

Sadly, there are not as many people willing to pay for quality these days; that's why the “mass marketers” have been advertising what we want to hear…”That we can have it all for cheap.” With that in mind, do your research, save for what you want, even if you have to “wait for it” and remember…”You get what you pay for.”

• Fo
      Feb 20, 2009
    Ashley Furniture - stay away from them!
    Ashley Furniture

I worked for an Ashley Furniture store in Cincinnati, Ohio. This review is for anyone thinking of working at Ashley as a commissioned salesperson. Look over the terms- you are an employee at will. They can fire you for almost any reason. That being said, I was terminated because a customer wanted 50.00 off a certain dollar amount through a promotion that was going on. He wanted to use several coupons at a time. A manager approved this and when the corporate office saw it, he denied giving me permission. I was fired! They KEEP YOUR ENTIRE BACKORDER (COMMISSION) REPORT. I LOST OVER 10, 000. I went to see a lawyer and there are no laws protecting commission salespeople. I am not the only one. I know many people that worked there that also lost their pay over frivolous claims. PLEASE BEWARE! CONSIDER WORKING ELSEWHERE!!

• Di
      Mar 02, 2009
    Ashley Furniture - poor customer service and delivery problems
    Beaverton
    Oregon

I found an ottoman I was looking for at Ashley Furniture
    and was surprised that they had a central distribution center and it would take 3-6 weeks to pick up the item at the store. I finally received the phone message telling me my item was here and to call and schedule a pickup. I called and spoke to someone at the store who said I could come in on Saturday from 1-5 to pick it up.

I arrived and was told by the snotty young kid behind the desk that I didn't call him back to schedule a pickup. I explained that I had called the store and he said he couldn't do anything for me but schedule a pickup for the following Saturday. I live 30 miles away, so this is not a short drive for me to pick up a small single piece of furniture. The manager tried to appease me by offering me a $25 coupon for a future purchase for my wasted time and gas. What an insult... He wants me to come back and go through this hassle again. I think not.. I told him to keep his coupon and he won't see me as a customer again.

I also found out that you can't get your money back.. Look out for this store. I would advise against shopping there.

• Fr
      May 11, 2009
    Ashley Furniture - no customer service
    ashleyfurniture.com

We bought a sectional in feb of 08 loved the couch and bought the extra warrenty. When we were shopping in the store the sales men said that if you buy the warrenty it will cover anything don't worry about a thing even if its your fault they will cover it. We had the couch in our living room in the same area for almost the full year. In Feb of this year we had to move the couch out of the living room (which is sunny from sun up to sun down) to lay down new flooring. It is then that we realized the fade spot in the shape of the living room window. I started contacting people in late feb early march trying to call the right people and make a claim. I faxed all the right the right papers to two different places. The fade is not covered by the store warrenty or the montage warrenty we bought from the store. And upon looking at the paper work from montage, which they don't send you till after the sofa is paid off, they pretty much only cover stains that are your fault not your pets and holes and it also says they can pick and chose what they cover. I am mad because this is the first time we have forked out that much money and gotten a new couch. Now my couch is crap and is continuing to fade in more noticeable spots. Noone wants to take responsibility for this. the two business are putting it off on each other. I want a new sofa. I don't want the same sofa, it will only fade again. I want a different fabric/sofa or a store credit for the amount I spent.

Jul 22, 2009
    Ashley Furniture - extremely poor service
    460 N. Thompson Lane
    Murfreesboro
    Tennessee
    Phone: [protected]

We ordered a master bedroom suit (nearly $3000) in May 2017 caused our house will be almost ready by end of May. They told us it takes 3~6 weeks to have the furnitures delivered, at that time it was fine with us cause our home is not yet ready. Unbelivable they charge us $35 re-schedule fee when we request them to postpone the delivery for another week while we understand the furniture is still sitting in their warehouse. They asked us come to the store to pay the $35 otherwise the driver will still make the delivery, if no one receive the furniture then they will drive the furniture back to warehouse and we will have to pick the furniture up at their warehouse.

We feel regret when we got the furniture it was poor quality. They don't inspect before they ship, they still ship you anyway and try if you find any defect. We found Symmons mattress was deform and they still ship them. They don't wrap the wooden bed set parts when they bring it to home and they make a hole on my door frame. It takes another one month from them to delivered new mattress and replaced bed set parts.

I would suggest friends not to buy from them cause i rather pay more to other company.

• Fe
      Aug 15, 2009
    Ashley Furniture - defective merchandise c/s
    ashley furniture
    Linden
    New Jersey

first i rec'd call stating that my merchandise was damaged it would an add'l 3 days, later i rec'd teh furniture defective, my queen box spring did not fit the stairwell as told that the store had them i can just pick up, no! not in stock a split box spring could be delivered the nxt day betweeen 2pm-4pm not! possible 9pm, the delivery with only half the box spring came @ 6pm, now an add'l time to be wasted to yet another delivery no word on when the mirror dresser will come, full refund requeste no can do. extremely POOR c/s .