Applied Bank of Delaware / Ridiculous fees,

United States Review updated:

I have had this card for 2 years, we got it when our credit was sub-par, I have always paid it on time and to thank me they give you a credit increase BUT charge you another $100.00 for a $300.00 increase. They also charge you to pay your bill. $10.95 a month, $9.95 monthly maintenance fee, 29% APR, and $89.99 a year user fee. To sum it up...if you don't use the credit card at all it's still going to cost you over $30.00 a month for it to sit in your wallet or purse. Eventually if it's your first credit card they have trapped you into keeping it to upkeep your credit score history. In my opinion it is a pure legal SCAM.

2e
Jan 19, 2015

Comments

• Wh
      19th of Jan, 2015

There are other card companies. Maybe it's time to find a new creditor.

• Le
      12th of Nov, 2015

I got 500.00 credit card visa from applied bank.. they charge 125.00 on this right away so, its 375.00 credit you actually get
    I had to get a cash advance for 360.00 car repair.. so I owed them that plus the 125.00 they are charging me 18.00 for the cash advance
    10.00 for making a payment early thru my bank with my debit card.. and 10.00 maint fee and 10.00 service fee and now that the fees are against me its put me over my credit limit.. so over the limit amount is 38.00
    so instead of a 35.00 min payment like I just made? they want a 73.00 payment in dec.. and its like they are charging me 18.00 each month for the cash withdrawal.. instead of one amount each month with interest??
    they are charging me close to 60.00 each month for nothing
    If they would up the credit limit and let me make the min payments then like any other great card company I would see the amount I owe leaving? instead its increasing.. and I am just rebuilding my credit.. when spoke to them its as yhough I do not matter, and I should have read the fine print, because its there? I did not see any of this or I would never have asked for this gut kicking card.. I cannot afford a 29 percent interest card with no one working with me.. and explaining away their fees? thats not helping me at all disgruntled, disgusted, frustrated and an older gal trying to make my way back thru the woods amongst the wolves