Apple / Bought a brand new Iphone 6

Aug 13, 2015
Al Sultan Mobile Phone Al Musalla Road
Hi we are from India, and on one of my wife's visit to Dubai in May 2015 she visited the mobile store Al Sultan Mobile Phone LLC, Al Musalla Road, Dubai. She purchased a brand new i phone 6 (that's what we thought so as the guy in the store sold it as new i phone 6), on coming back to India and after using the phone for about 20 days the display screen of the phone started getting loose. So we took the phone to authorized apple store in India, where on checking the guy at the store said that the display screen of the phone is not original apple and is been changed by the seller in Dubai. After contacting my cousins in Dubai who then spoke to the store guy from Al Sultan Mobile Phone LLC, Al Musalla Road. The guy from Al Sultan Mobile Phone LLC asked to get the phone back to Dubai and he will get the phone replaced. We had taken the pain to send the phone to Dubai through a friend who was traveling and transiting through Dubai. Recently about 3 days back we got the phone back in India, and to our utter surprise the phone screen started having 2 different colour gradients. On close inspection we doubted that there is something gravely wrong, so we connected with my cousin in Dubai and he visited the store and while closely going through the Apple service & support coverage we found out that the warranty period is till 5th of March 2016, wherein an apple warranty is for 1 year from the date of purchase. So the warranty needed to be till May 2016. So basically the Al Sultan Mobile Phone Al Musalla Road store sold a 2nd hand i phone 6 at the price of a new phone and cheated us. Also the Serial No of both the phone (one we purchased in May 2015 and the replaced one in July 2015) is same. So it means the mobile store did not replace the faulty i phone 6, they just pasted the screen back and sent it to us.
We in India look at Dubai as a global city which has the best of facilities, norms, governance and international standards. Dubai has always been a country which is very close to people in India. But this experience of ours has made me think that does Dubai have this side of the face as a city wherein a Mobile company in Dubai is cheating its customer like this. The image of Dubai as shopping friendly & dealing in quality products is dented today in my ind because of this experience. I am writing in this forum as we don't stay in Dubai need support of the consumer forums in Dubai help us in our plight. The store owner has denied to help straight away, and we are in no positing to aing spend money to visit Dubai for replacing the i phone 6.
I hope my voice will reach to the right authorities in Dubai who will help us to solve the situation. I can be reached at my email id kingshukgupta@gmail.com

Kingshuk Gupta